Official Official Origin Game 3 Teams and Discussion

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did I say any of that?

All I said is that he has won more SOO's than Pearce. Cleary 1 from 1, Pearce 0 from 17.

Pearce is so far from the answer with his history at SOO level that I would prefer Sterling to come out of retirement and play before Pearce ever plays for NSW again.
To be fair:
Cleary has played 5 origins - 3 wins and 2 losses.
Pearce has played 18 origins - 5 wins and 13 losses

Still a bad percentage though.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair:
Cleary has played 5 origins - 3 wins and 2 losses.
Pearce has played 18 origins - 5 wins and 13 losses

Still a bad percentage though.
and also series wins:
Cleary 1 from 1
Pearce 0 from 7

The only time we won was when Pearce wasn't there.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
and also series wins:
Cleary 1 from 1
Pearce 0 from 7

Don't be a numpty.

Seriously across the whole recent era of QLD's dominance they had so many class players especially in the spine and outside backs.
It could be argued that for periods of QLDs streak we had a better forward pack. Pearce was given a mammoth task and yes he failed on alot of accounts but was he supposed to be responsible for missing ALL the tackles on Inglis, Folou, Slater, Thurston, Gagai and co?

It's like expecting Foran and Cogger to orchestrate a top 4 finish with the rabble we have at Canterbury.

*edit

I will be cheering him on and hope that he contributes to winning in an emphatic fashion.

Then I will go back to hoping they unearth and/or nurture some class halves of our own because besides Pearce and Maloney the halves options look pretty bleak when compared to QLD's

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and also series wins:
Cleary 1 from 1
Pearce 0 from 7

Cleary also didn’t play against Lockyer, Smith, Thurston or Cronk. This has to be Pearce’s last chance surely, even though that was said after every previous loss haha

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cleary also didn’t play against Lockyer, Smith, Thurston or Cronk. This has to be Pearce’s last chance surely, even though that was said after every previous loss haha
Why has Pearce ahd so many chances.

Cody Walker hasn't had been given a second chance, Adam Reynolds? Chad Townsend has had any.

After so many failures, why has Pearce been so blessed, while others have been punished? He has proved time and again that he is not up to the challenge. Almost a decade worth of chances.

If Maloney manages to carry Pearce to a victory does this one win erase a careers worth of SOO failure. Guarenteed the the DT will tells that story.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't be a numpty.

Seriously across the whole recent era of QLD's dominance they had so many class players especially in the spine and outside backs.
It could be argued that for periods of QLDs streak we had a better forward pack. Pearce was given a mammoth task and yes he failed on alot of accounts but was he supposed to be responsible for missing ALL the tackles on Inglis, Folou, Slater, Thurston, Gagai and co?

It's like expecting Foran and Cogger to orchestrate a top 4 finish with the rabble we have at Canterbury.

*edit

I will be cheering him on and hope that he contributes to winning in an emphatic fashion.

Then I will go back to hoping they unearth and/or nurture some class halves of our own because besides Pearce and Maloney the halves options look pretty bleak when compared to QLD's
Good argument, but think about this:

Against the players you mentioned and the Qld dominance you mention, Josh Reynolds has a much better winning percentage in SOO than Pearce does.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pearce is not that good under SOO pressure, if the QLD defense holds up in the first half it could go either way.
QLD by 4

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Mbye is one of your top 2 centres in the State you know you’re fucked

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe Mbye is starting. He’s going to be found out tonight- completely myth busted.

Blues by 20

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When Mbye is one of your top 2 centres in the State you know you’re fucked
Told you all he was a very good player, club captain and now starting SOO centre :tonguewink::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why has Pearce ahd so many chances.

Cody Walker hasn't had been given a second chance, Adam Reynolds? Chad Townsend has had any.

After so many failures, why has Pearce been so blessed, while others have been punished? He has proved time and again that he is not up to the challenge. Almost a decade worth of chances.

If Maloney manages to carry Pearce to a victory does this one win erase a careers worth of SOO failure. Guarenteed the the DT will tells that story.
Papa Pearce is still mates with who matters. Also I guess they view his ceiling as higher than the others, even though he’s never shown it at this level. Hard to argue with his form the last few months.
You’d think Walker would get another gig in the future if he can play like he did for the first few months this season

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
You will be proven wrong. He will be Queensland's best player.
We will see. He's a confidence player- drop 2 or 3 bombs and get smashed he will be a shot duck. Here's hoping anyway.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still don't understand how Mbye got selected! How has he fooled everyone so far in his career?!

Must be a really good hypnotist.

Having said this watch him have a MoTM game :(

Anyways!! UP THE BLUES!!!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Papa Pearce is still mates with who matters. Also I guess they view his ceiling as higher than the others, even though he’s never shown it at this level. Hard to argue with his form the last few months.
You’d think Walker would get another gig in the future if he can play like he did for the first few months this season
The first part of your statement is correct. He has been given more chances than anybody else in Blues history because of who his father is and favouritism by coaches which in hindsight was not deserved.