It's Official - I'm Old

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too old for a graduate habibi - 35.
LOL that's not old!

Would actually be interesting seeing how old some of the guys/girls are here.

I think there'd be a few surprises.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
LOL that's not old!

Would actually be interesting seeing how old some of the guys/girls are here.

I think there'd be a few surprises.
Yeah there are a few people around here in the 30-39 bracket - I dare say that's the most common age group here.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the 25-30 age group here?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Instantly thought the title said;
It's official - I'm QLD

I thought :mask:, not another Coffs Harbour banana bender.

All good. It's better to be old than a Queenslander..

I hope your not both :kissing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for hot younger co-workers... problem is I work in a chinese sweatshop.
That joke would have worked so much better if you said: "I'm a sucker for hot younger co-workers... problem is I work by myself in a morgue."

:D

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dude... I talk openly on this forum about how small my penis is. You're going to have to aim a lot higher if that's your attempt to insult me ;)
Lol if I really wanted to
Insult you I’d come up with something harsher than that.... just having a laugh. :p

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That joke would have worked so much better if you said: "I'm a sucker for hot younger co-workers... problem is I work by myself in a morgue."

:D
Haha yea you're right... I was going for the paed angle but apparently it's either not funny or people who read it think its completely normal to have the hots for kids

Wahesh

Reaction score
Instantly thought the title said;
It's official - I'm QLD

I thought :mask:, not another Coffs Harbour banana bender.

All good. It's better to be old than a Queenslander..

I hope your not both :kissing:
Fuck no... Fuck QLDers... except @Kaz :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Its bad enough having to tell people I'm Australian but I'm greatful I wasn't born and raised in Queensland.
It's not that bad. We have a fairly good reputation with the rest of the world. Being down here we're kind of away from everything happening abroad, so it kind of saves face a little. It's mire embarrassing in-house being an Aussie and telling people you're from QLD. It happened once at one of my old jobs. This was this red-headed ranga. I was talking about Origin which was on the night before and she mentioned to me she was a QLDer... and then she started copping shit :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: all in good fun though.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but I love how when I'm out of Australia I'm recognised as a full-blown Aussie, but when I'm in Australia I'm considered a Maltese/Lebo wog. We are a funny country.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Friday night I was waiting for the train after work ready to go home. This young chick from my office just happens to turn up there, and stops to chat with me. I just want everyone right now to stop whatever it is they're thinking because I can tell you that this isn't heading in that direction.

So anyway, typical Friday afternoon chat, I ask her what she's up to this weekend. She tells me that she has a friends birthday but doesn't really want to go. I said Yep... cold winter nights, it's Netflix weather. She agrees. I ask her what is her friend doing for her birthday. She says that they're going bowling. I said... Ok... I was actually expecting her to say something like they're going to a nightclub or a bar or out to dinner... but no... bowling!

I got to thinking that maybe this girls friend is underage and she's only going because it's an obligation, not choice.

Anyway I decided to change the subject and ask her what she's watching on Netflix at the moment. She tells me that season 3 of Stranger Things has begun - a show up until this point which I hadn't heard of. Now I thought to myself here ok well it's Netflix and there are hundreds of shows on it... maybe she found one that I hadn't found and vice versa.

She also told me about another show called Happy! That's ok... 2 shows I hadn't heard about - no big deal.

It turns out this IS a big deal. Those 2 shows are freaking killing it in the young adult target audience, and I hadn't heard of them. I decided to look up Strager Things in IMDb... I only freaking know Winona Ryder in the cast. FMD. I remember her as the little girl who liked bad guys in Edward Scissorhands... or the lying reporter who falls in love with Longfellow Deeds in... Mr Deeds. She must be close to 50 by now meaning she's be a mum to others in the cast... freaking no-name little kids. I'm telling her about dark murder shows like Bitter Daises and Guilt... and her she is talking to me about little kiddie shows.

So I decided to look up Happy! hoping it would be something more... mature.

I was wrong.

It's official - I'm old!
At first glance, it looks like a kids show, but it is probably something completely different.

I watched the first season of stranger things, but i haven't watched anymore.

I recently started watching Shameless, my wife was hooked and eventually convinced me to watch it.

I am now up to season 3, it's fucking crazy shit.

Basically it's about a poor family, the father is a raging alco.

but the shit they get up to is crazy, highly recommended, i have been hooked on Shameless so much i haven't even started watching the new season of Jessica Jones as yet

Wahesh

Reaction score
At first glance, it looks like a kids show, but it is probably something completely different.

I watched the first season of stranger things, but i haven't watched anymore.

I recently started watching Shameless, my wife was hooked and eventually convinced me to watch it.

I am now up to season 3, it's fucking crazy shit.

Basically it's about a poor family, the father is a raging alco.

but the shit they get up to is crazy, highly recommended, i have been hooked on Shameless so much i haven't even started watching the new season of Jessica Jones as yet
That's the thing - I saw the poster and thought it was a kiddie show. BOY WAS I WRONG. It's the complete opposite. It's so dark, yet addictive and funny. You have no idea what's going to happen next half the time.

I reckon if you like Shameless, you'll like this. I'm almost at the end of season 1 (I would've finished it if Origin wasn't on Wednesday night).

Put it this way... tonight, I'll be watching Happy instead of the Bulldogs/Knights game!

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's pretty much a choice between Comedy/Drama or Horror. lol
Mate last night I watched episode 5... at the end of the episode where a naked Mikey comes and sits next to Nick and starts tossing and Nick says "Shit's just getting weirder and weirder!"... lost my shit. I haven't laughed like that in a long long time :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm know I'm old when I get the shits I have to actually go out at night time for dinner with friends etc when all I want to do is get in my PJ's sit on the couch and watch tv.