Official Round 17 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to be given time in firsts ,how the fuck does c smith get picked week after week ,watch renouf make one mistake and pay will drop him to reserves
Its the start of something good, all he needs to do is take it in his stride, get his play the balls right, hold it tight in the hits and it should be a good debut, everyone is looking forward to this guy enjoying himself.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Glad to see Ogden back in the team and Toomaga to finally get a shot.
Knowing Pay, he will put Toomaga on around the 76th min mark and then never gets picked again this year, while Elliot and Smith get every freaking opportunity in the world to shine (oops i meant to stink).
Toomaga and Ogden need as much game time for rest of the year to gain more more experience and be able to show what they are capable of.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see Ogden back in the team and Toomaga to finally get a shot.
Knowing Pay, he will put Toomaga on around the 76th min mark and then never gets picked again this year, while Elliot and Smith get every freaking opportunity in the world to shine (oops i meant to stink).
Toomaga and Ogden need as much game time for rest of the year to gain more more experience and be able to show what they are capable of.
totally agree.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding to see Renouf and Odgen on the bench with an improved Sue.
I'd just put RFM on the bench in place of Elliot, but you know, I wont hold my breathe Dean.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Line breaks don't equal aggression.
Line breaks don't equal aggression.
He shows good aggression when he ran over the top of Smith twice!!

Also I find it strange to signal out those two guys for “lack of aggression” when Okundor runs hard enough and Hopoate has run more meters than anyone in the team and has the 2nd highest post contact meters after Tolman.

What aggression has Meaney or Holland shown?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay and his persistance with Meaney is ridiculous.. kid needs to be in reggies. Creighton or Harper deserve a chance.
Dean bought him; so Dean's playin him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont mind this bench actually if pay gives them a good run best we have had. We might get some go forward for a change.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Okunbor should be on the Wing.
- Hopoate moved to left centre.
- Holland back at right centre to partner Smith and be our goalkicker.
- Meaney dropped to Reserve Grade.
Stop talking sense mate

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty seem to be forgetting that without Meaney in the team atm, we don't actually have a goalkicker of any note in the 17. He's not gonna set the world on fire on the wing, but he's not gonna let anyone down either. From what I've seen he's been positionally sound.

And let's reserve our judgement on Pay's use of To'omaga til after the final whistle on Friday. A big reason behind his short stints last year were the fact he came on and made errors, and was subsequently hooked. People seem to have a pretty selective memory on here regarding certain issues.

Good luck to To'omaga and Wakeham, hope they do well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Plenty seem to be forgetting that without Meaney in the team atm, we don't actually have a goalkicker of any note in the 17. He's not gonna set the world on fire on the wing, but he's not gonna let anyone down either. From what I've seen he's been positionally sound.

And let's reserve our judgement on Pay's use of To'omaga til after the final whistle on Friday. A big reason behind his short stints last year were the fact he came on and made errors, and was subsequently hooked. People seem to have a pretty selective memory on here regarding certain issues.

Good luck to To'omaga and Wakeham, hope they do well.
To'omaga was used extremely poorly, Pay started him about 3 games in against a rep Dragons pack while he had Klemmer on the bench. To'omaga didn't even have a half of NRL experience at that stage. Yes he looked nervous during his stints, but maybe with better man management from Pay then To'omaga might've overcome it and kicked on. Pay seems to struggle massively when it comes to managing different types of players and setting our a clear role for them to execute.

Wakeham is playing this week and he's a much better goal kicker than Meaney. Potentially Pay doesn't want the added pressure of kicking on him and fair enough, but he doesn't really come across as the type of player that would lack the confidence to take on the role.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To'omaga was used extremely poorly, Pay started him about 3 games in against a rep Dragons pack while he had Klemmer on the bench. To'omaga didn't even have a half of NRL experience at that stage. Yes he looked nervous during his stints, but maybe with better man management from Pay then To'omaga might've overcome it and kicked on. Pay seems to struggle massively when it comes to managing different types of players and setting our a clear role for them to execute.

Wakeham is playing this week and he's a much better goal kicker than Meaney. Potentially Pay doesn't want the added pressure of kicking on him and fair enough, but he doesn't really come across as the type of player that would lack the confidence to take on the role.
I dunno, I'd love to find excuses for his performances last year but I can't really. I rate the fuck out of him but he was disappointing in his FG stints last year.

Yeah he played a couple different roles eg. when picked to start, but sometimes coaches will throw someone in the deep end to see what they're made of/how they handle it. Maguire did the same with Oliver Clark at the Tigers the other week against an experienced Souths pack. To'omaga is a big, mature body with probably 100+ NSW Cup caps under his belt. I didn't see much of an issue with it. It's not like it was an 18 year old prop promoted out of Flegg and straight into the big yard starting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd love to find excuses for his performances last year but I can't really. I rate the fuck out of him but he was disappointing in his FG stints last year.

Yeah he played a couple different roles eg. when picked to start, but sometimes coaches will throw someone in the deep end to see what they're made of/how they handle it. Maguire did the same with Oliver Clark at the Tigers the other week against an experienced Souths pack. To'omaga is a big, mature body with probably 100+ NSW Cup caps under his belt. I didn't see much of an issue with it. It's not like it was an 18 year old prop promoted out of Flegg and straight into the big yard starting.
Yh I just think certain players need to be managed differently and To'omaga is one of those players. He can look hesitant at times while at other times he could be terrorising defences with footwork and power.