Other News Source Bulldogs to try lure Brisbane hooker Jake Turpin to Belmore

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a little talk down here in Canberra about Sezer returning.
Not that good... stop gap signing, we don’t need that with the money we have to spend... there’s a reason he’s on the outer and raiders looking to the future and it’s because he hasn’t delivered

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are the current board capable of signing hollbrook, they haven't been to successful at anything so far, and signing a new coach might be more then they capable of
2 nice signings were CHN and DWZ. They were some good pick ups..... fucked woods and mbye off which probably made it possible to sign these 2.
Have made a few weird ones like re signing Pay after a poor start to the year.
This looks like their big test

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First Levi and now Sezer. If these guys are signed on top of the dud Napa, Meaney, Cogger, Sue and Chrichton signings then I really am worried even more about the direction of the club.

Why is this board so intent on recruiting reserve graders or proven mediocre at best players?

Nth Qld get two potential rep players in Drinkwater and Robson and we'll probably sign get rejects like Sezer and Levi. Brilliant!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First Levi and now Sezer. If these guys are signed on top of the dud Napa, Meaney, Cogger, Sue and Chrichton signings then I really am worried even more about the direction of the club.

Why is this board so intent on recruiting reserve graders or proven mediocre at best players?

!
Probably because the majority of them are CHEAP!! 12 months ago we were way over the cap the board have done a decent job to get us here let’s see how they do moving forward instead of biting on every crappy rumour out there.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably because the majority of them are CHEAP!! 12 months ago we were way over the cap the board have done a decent job to get us here let’s see how they do moving forward instead of biting on every crappy rumour out there.
But they can make better cheap signings than those guys. Napa on 500k isn't cheap at all. Meaney on 300k isn't peanuts. And these guys are on three year deals.

Some of these are more than rumours. Unfortunately. Which is why I'm concerned.

Someone like Sezer or Levi on a two or three year deal isn't going to sign for absolutely nothing when they could get more elsewhere or in the ESL and that money will just be less money we can offer to stars or proven young talent.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But they can make better cheap signings than those guys. Napa on 500k isn't cheap at all. Meaney on 300k isn't peanuts. And these guys are on three year deals.

Some of these are more than rumours. Unfortunately. Which is why I'm concerned.

Someone like Sezer or Levi on a two or three year deal isn't going to sign for absolutely nothing when they could get more elsewhere or in the ESL and that money will just be less money we can offer to stars or proven young talent.
How do u know Meaney is on 300k?
I very much doubt that price

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do u know Meaney is on 300k?
I very much doubt that price
I don't know for sure. That is what I've heard elsewhere. Between 250-300k which is quite normal for signing young players from other clubs who are told they're likely to play FG .

Around 100k is the minimum so I doubt he'd be signed for 150k when he was such a hyped lower grade player and did okay in FG last season.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that good... stop gap signing, we don’t need that with the money we have to spend... there’s a reason he’s on the outer and raiders looking to the future and it’s because he hasn’t delivered
Canberra just signed George Williams

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know for sure. That is what I've heard elsewhere. Between 250-300k which is quite normal for signing young players from other clubs who are told they're likely to play FG .

Around 100k is the minimum so I doubt he'd be signed for 150k when he was such a hyped lower grade player and did okay in FG last season.
Players go to others clubs for less money to play fg....
Wouldn’t of thrown that much at him
He had ponga in front of him at knights, dogs have no real fullback
He would always leave to come here for way better chance to tie down dog grade spot
Whatever his contract I bet it’s got a 1 at the front....
I rkn between 150k to 190k..
He was no hope of playing at knights full time,
Not guna give a kid who was chased by no one 300k .... not knowing the dramas we were in with the salary cap
Every signing we’ve made in last year and a half have been cheap bottom end signings bar dwz!
Hence why we signing young kids and fringe first graders cheap because of out salary cap woes

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra just signed George Williams
Exactly right... they signed Williams and what we end up with their scraps (sezer) just like us missing out on Brailley but wait we get their scraps and sign levi

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players go to others clubs for less money to play fg....
Wouldn’t of thrown that much at him
He had ponga in front of him at knights, dogs have no real fullback
He would always leave to come here for way better chance to tie down dog grade spot
Whatever his contract I bet it’s got a 1 at the front....
I rkn between 150k to 190k..
He was no hope of playing at knights full time,
Not guna give a kid who was chased by no one 300k .... not knowing the dramas we were in with the salary cap
Every signing we’ve made in last year and a half have been cheap bottom end signings bar dwz!
Hence why we signing young kids and fringe first graders cheap because of out salary cap woes
I hope you're right. I don't have the same faith in them as you do, especially after the panic Napa signing and the uninspiring signings of all others bar DWZ, Stimson and CHN.

As I said earlier, even if Sue, Chrichton, Cogger and Meaney are on modest deals, they're locked up for two more years, take up valuable squad spots and the club could have signed better players with more upside on the same amount than they did.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Nth Qld get two potential rep players in Drinkwater and Robson and we'll probably sign get rejects like Sezer and Levi. Brilliant!
Left field play... Sezer would be better than any hooker we have if we want to try something out of the ordinary. Good pass, solid left foot option out of dummy half, could release alot of pressure off Foran and or Cogger and we get a goal kicker. Obviously not a great long term fix, but its better than Lichaa and JMK imo and would better injury cover for Foran if required.

Banned
Reaction score
Left field play... Sezer would be better than any hooker we have if we want to try something out of the ordinary. Good pass, solid left foot option out of dummy half, could release alot of pressure off Foran and or Cogger and we get a goal kicker. Obviously not a great long term fix, but its better than Lichaa and JMK imo and would better injury cover for Foran if required.
How cheap is the question?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well it's not like there's much competition for him when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.