Props

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible that maybe the Queensland Origin selectors think more highly of how Napa is playing than we (that includes me) do? Maybe our expectations of Napa are too high and their's are more realistic? Maybe they see what they want in his play and we don't see what we want?

Go Dogs
Napa is like all QLD SOO players only lifts for SOO. IN 2019 SOO 2 he played injured hence his poor form.

Malla

Reaction score
Now that is an understatement! everyone new that before the **** even arrived at the club, Panic purchase all because of Klemmer leaving.... they would have been for better off using wha we already had and persevering until the right one came around IMO.
I think it was a panic signing too. 100%. Our best front rower since Mason/Omeley wanted out... we couldn't not bring another rep player in.

Look theres one thing with being a shit player, but another when you just don't look like you want to put the effort and work in. Napa looks like he wasn't want any part of it. Elliot might be a shit fucker but at least he puts in effort 100% of the time. Napa just looks like he's out there to get paid. Pay should be blamed for that. He is good at dropping fringe players in and out of the team but doesn't have the balls to drop Napa lol

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa has been such a disappointment.
Only a disappointing for those expecting anything from him. I’ve made a couple of wrong calls before but I was very very vocal about what a waste of money he was and how we should of used that money to front load some blokes or anything. What a waste he was ALWAYS going to be....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most on here were fucking jerking off to Napa because I remember getting smashed when I said he was a terrible signing lol.
Wasn't impressed when we signed the marshmallow **** and still not impressed.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure there were quite a few kennelers claiming Napa would be an upgrade on Klemmer not long ago and even had someone try to convince me that Toomaga had the potential to be better than Klemmer

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure there were quite a few kennelers claiming Napa would be an upgrade on Klemmer not long ago and even had someone try to convince me that Toomaga had the potential to be better than Klemmer
I don't think there are any kennellers that stupid? an upgrade to the best prop in the world? give me a break! Napa is not even in he top 10 FFS

Malla

Reaction score
Only a disappointing for those expecting anything from him. I’ve made a couple of wrong calls before but I was very very vocal about what a waste of money he was and how we should of used that money to front load some blokes or anything. What a waste he was ALWAYS going to be....
Wasn't expecting him to be this bad though. Thought he would rise to the occasion being at the Dogs but he's done the opposite lol

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE WASTING MONEY BUT THEN OUR CLUB HAS BEEN VERY GOOD AT WASTING MONEY FOR MANY MANY YEARS NOW
The previous board made countless panic decisions, our current board has so far managed 1 or 2 themselves.
Panic decisions are usually only made to appeal short term, in effect for cosmetic reasons, however more likely than not they are not made for the best interest of the club long term.
Our club should establish a think tank behind closed doors where dedicated fans can put forward ideas to the board in regards to the clubs best interest.
Board members like most players have worked or supported other clubs in the past and may work for or support other clubs in the future, unlike us fans who remain loyal to death.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE WASTING MONEY BUT THEN OUR CLUB HAS BEEN VERY GOOD AT WASTING MONEY FOR MANY MANY YEARS NOW
The previous board made countless panic decisions, our current board has so far managed 1 or 2 themselves.
Panic decisions are usually only made to appeal short term, in effect for cosmetic reasons, however more likely than not they are not made for the best interest of the club long term.
Our club should establish a think tank behind closed doors where dedicated fans can put forward ideas to the board in regards to the clubs best interest.
Board members like most players have worked or supported other clubs in the past and may work for or support other clubs in the future, unlike us fans who remain loyal to death.
The issue is we haven't had stability at board level for a while. Every board we've had recently do rash things because they want to try appease members for fear of getting voted out, it's the same as politicians making promises around election time.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair napa started the season off really well until he got injured, people on here seem to have short memories

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair napa started the season off really well until he got injured, people on here seem to have short memories
People on here seem to have selective memories, only remember what fits their narrative, whilst conveniently forgetting (or ignoring) what doesn't fit.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa is an enforcer and power type forward. He isn’t a meter eater like a Taupau or AFB etc. if we can get another prop and Renouf develops into a first grader we can use Napa the way he was at the roosters.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa is an enforcer and power type forward. He isn’t a meter eater like a Taupau or AFB etc. if we can get another prop and Renouf develops into a first grader we can use Napa the way he was at the roosters.
Power? Lol what power? He's Tolman without the workrate with reckless defence that on occasion can come off.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Power? Lol what power? He's Tolman without the workrate with reckless defence that on occasion can come off.
LMAO open your YouTube app and have a proper look he’s nothing like Tolman. He was pretty good for large parts at the roosters cause they didn’t need him for big minutes. He was a genuinely intimidating forward he just doesn’t have the big engine and we need a forward to get us over the add line who can play big minutes.