Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem lies with the fact that to many fans weather on TK or not, believe the rubbish which is aired in the media by arse-holes who hate our club, then panic and think its the end of the world.
The two major problems for our club are our enemies outside the club mainly in the media etc, and the impatient fans who want each problem fixed yesterday.
The damage done to our club by Dib and the previous board is immeasurable, particularly when you look at the way our junior developed was neglected. As for Des's back-ended deals, at the end of his reign we were in a much worse position than when he finished up at Manly, Toovey made the GF with the team he had assembled.
During his Manly days it was reporter ed that Manly players took pay cuts in order to keep the team together, so the back-ended deals were not as important, don't recall Manly been close to the spoon either. Des came to our club for the money he never really had his heart in our club.
Would we have been better of if we had kept Kas, Graham, Mbye, Woods and Josh. Perhaps we would have been better of if we kept the Morris's but last season they were only average IMHO. Its going to take time to fix our club's problems
Kept Woods and Mbye? you lost me there

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By keeping and extending a coach who is out of his depth dramatically....

Sack him and move forward with Holbrook and then we might see some stars be interested in our “warchest”. Stimson isn’t a star he’s a fringe player. Dwz was astute 100% though again. He’s not someone who I would say is a “star”.

Holbrook in and let him make the moves.

Players know our future coach and we have a chance to fix 2020 and improve for the first time in 7 years...
I'm sure that the Andersons are doing there best to get Holbrook, (even though I don't have any proof) if we don't get him it is because he can't or wont come to our club

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically we need to have the coaching situation sorted out by Nov this year. We can’t go into negotiations with big name players without a set plan with our coach. Give Holbrook a 3 year deal and let him build his team. With our salary cap he will be able to build the team he wants. The board need to do something, because realistically we’ve gone backwards and they can’t really keep on blaming des. They’ve been here for 18 months and we’ve gone backwards tbh.
Holbrook would certainly need 3 years to fix things, however I'll bet some on here will call for his sacking even before the first ball is kicked. If we were to lose 3 or 4 in a row the K will be in overdrive calling for his sacking.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew hill over in England at the moment I wouldn’t be suprised if he has had a talk to Holbrook about coming to coach us and is over there talking to some esl players too I don’t think hills a fan of pay and if he is over there looking at sweetening Holbrook or talent can’t complain

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew hill over in England at the moment I wouldn’t be suprised if he has had a talk to Holbrook about coming to coach us and is over there talking to some esl players too I don’t think hills a fan of pay and if he is over there looking at sweetening Holbrook or talent can’t complain
Hills probably on annual leave and over there watching the cricket w Cup

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has there actually been any proof that hill is in england

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will go one of two ways.

Club sign Holbrook aw coach for 2020 and we all feel they are moving the right way and they likely by themselves another run in charge.

The fuck this up
Offer the far better coach assistant coach and he signs with titans and we all send memberships back and they lose their jobs ASAP.

Make your move board
Are they serious? Well lynn did say she was getting pay help.....no way Holbrook signs as assistant he would be mad..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has there actually been any proof that hill is in england
That needs to be confirmed.

Can't one of our sources confirm with their contact, who's next door neighbour's brother is a cleaner at the club, whether Hill's office is, or has been, vacant these past few days?

We can't be feeding the press these unsubstantiated rumours.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To those doubting Holbrook's credentials, hes worked at the club before in the lower grades and has a 59-15 record as coach of St. Helen's, which is 80%. Obviously the NRL is tougher but Holbrook couldn't have done a better job thus far.

Other coaches with NRL experience that would be options aside from Flanagan (who is still banned and comes with baggage and a microscope) have all been fired from multiple clubs and most of them for good reason.

Don't let the Pay debacle put you off the notion of another coach without NRL experience. Pay had no head coaching experience aside from the NSW 20's or Bush footy. Holbrook has coached the biggest club in England and they've dominated since. He coaches ex NRL players and internationals which doesn't count for nothing. It's still professional football. He's no rookie... It's a matter of when, not if Holbrook gets an NRL job. Hopefully it's with this club and not another one...
Spot on. Also highly regarded at the Roosters working with Robinson.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think pays issue is he should of done a head coaching role in the uk first this somewhat gives me a little more confidence in Holbrook
Here's an unsubstantiated rumour ... Hill is over there organising a coaching swap!!!