Official Round 17 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbor and Hopoate to passive, no aggression. I'd rather them be partnered with Holland or Reimis, or even Montoya. Probably Okunbor and Holland to even out the height with Hopoate and Reimis.
Doesn't Okunbor have the most line breaks in the team? with how many games.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sold on Too'maga. He is capable, but he is lazy in defence and his positional play is suspect.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting too see how our 6 and 7 go if nothing else..!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thankfully Renouf finally made it. Now let's see of he gets more than 17 minutes.

I'm glad to see Wakeham start too. I'll be keen to see how he fares in a full game although Newcastle are a solid defensive side.

I don't know how Smith and Montoya are still in FG and Meaney shouldn't be on the wing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or Pay is a soft cock and drops him for JMK before kick off
This is the most likely scenario because Pay likes carrying a utility especially if that utility is one of his favourites

And if Renouf does finally play it will be what you said 10 junk minutes ( or less) then he will try to hard and make an error

Then get banished to reserve grade for another 12 months

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one but I thought Hopoate outplayed JMozz on the day, which was further confirmed when I watched the replay. That's in aggression as well, both in defence and attack.

Go Dogs
1 game doesn't really matter to me. Throughout the season him and Okunbor have been too passive. The amount of times this season I've seen Hopoate in space and just take the tackle without passing the ball is insane. I'd just rather someone more aggressive to not be a passenger and do something about it and scream for the ball. I just don't see the body language of both of them currently being a good thing for the balance of the team. It's just a small thing, just having the right players on the field would be a good start.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow Chris Smith starting again...........

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have had RFM in there for either Chris Smith or Adam Elliott. happy to see Wakeman there again I would still like to see Harper in for Montoya and someone in for meanay as he isn't a winger and happy to see Renouf finally get a call up

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I’d much rather a player with “aGgReSsIOn” than actual line breaks lol
I mean you didn’t realise you can be passive and soft and still make line breaks?

Ask Cam Smith he will tell you Okunbor is a big softy

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper must be getting close to a call up.

Wouldn't be surprised if JMK or Nu Brown will be included on the bench

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Napa doesn't back up who will replace him?
Mariner has gotta get a go he's not that shit.
Still a positive line up that should have a bit of heart.