Opinion Bulldog "Spirit Dogs"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's budget and there's budget.

I'd almost prefer the stuff from last year to this stuff.
What are we gonna do for adverts of Broncs game....hope we aren't gonna be bbqing or deep frying horse meat lol

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only spirit that could help us would be the Holy Spirit and unlike Santa and the Easter Bunny people still believe so perhaps the believers could pray to the Holy Spirit for some Devine intervention.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who comes up with this shit, it’s just insanity

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who comes up with this shit, it’s just insanity
Just someone who wants to see a bit of this from our captain
And feel some other players can be similarly motivated.
Guess I'll go back to chasing the the dragon with me mate Buzz

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I say let's try making them walk bare foot on a footy field full of bindies! see if that improves their approach!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not just our captain who needs to start hitting like Cement but it would be nice if he could set an example an inspire the others. I just don’t think he is a captain, we should make a tough decision and give the job to DWZ.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
questions need to be asked why a coach with little experience was appointed
It was an open application process, any prospective coach could apply, plenty were canvased and asked to apply. Very few wanted to even take a chance, one took one look at the state of our Salary Cap and burnt rubber running away. It's not like we were short on budget to pay the freight for whoever got the job. Of the candidates Pay was the best in the opinion of the Board after the selection process. We can hardly pick on them for not appointing, say, Bellamy or Bennett, they flat out didn't want the job.

extended in the middle of a clean out
Arguably the only possible decision at the time, we needed some certainty for this year otherwise we may not have signed the players that we did. Extending to 2020 adds emphasis to stop players leaving due to uncertainty who the coach will be next week. Same for signing players, DWZ came to us knowing who the coach will be for this year.

The cap and existing contracts situation means that the player "clean out" isn't until 2021. No way this year is a player clean out year.

Go Dogs

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an open application process, any prospective coach could apply, plenty were canvased and asked to apply. Very few wanted to even take a chance, one took one look at the state of our Salary Cap and burnt rubber running away. It's not like we were short on budget to pay the freight for whoever got the job. Of the candidates Pay was the best in the opinion of the Board after the selection process. We can hardly pick on them for not appointing, say, Bellamy or Bennett, they flat out didn't want the job.

Arguably the only possible decision at the time, we needed some certainty for this year otherwise we may not have signed the players that we did. Extending to 2020 adds emphasis to stop players leaving due to uncertainty who the coach will be next week. Same for signing players, DWZ came to us knowing who the coach will be for this year.

The cap and existing contracts situation means that the player "clean out" isn't until 2021. No way this year is a player clean out year.

Go Dogs
TT I respect your support of Pay but the rest of us don’t agree he should have been given an extension. The fact that DMZ and Stimson signed either means it doesn’t matter who is the coach today as that can change tomorrow, they were advised a new coach is on the horizon or they came here because Pay is going to remain coach. You honestly can’t believe the latter can you?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless every forum needs a nark and it would be a more boring place without your posts. Glad your here.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TT I respect your support of Pay but the rest of us don’t agree he should have been given an extension. The fact that DMZ and Stimson signed either means it doesn’t matter who is the coach today as that can change tomorrow, they were advised a new coach is on the horizon or they came here because Pay is going to remain coach. You honestly can’t believe the latter can you?
I think you may just be misconstruing my posts, it's not about supporting Pay or not supporting Pay. It's about looking at the situation at the time and logically arriving at a conclusion, if placed in that situation what decision would I make. If my conclusion happens to agree with the Board then I'll say that, if it doesn't then I will say that too. My view is that at the time it was the least worse decision, that doesn't mean that it was a good decision, just that the other options available were worse.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless every forum needs a nark and it would be a more boring place without your posts. Glad your here.
Thanks for support, FWIW I am not really trying to be nark, just expressing my genuinely held opinions. Which is all they really are, just my opinions (ie; not worth much).

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pontificate - to speak or write and give your opinion about something as if you knew everything about it and as if only your opinion was correct.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, great to see Greg dish head Dowling sat on his arse

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What worked in the past, doesn't work now. Already seeing that with the board.

Plus players would have to make themselves available to travel to the club from where-ever they now live for game day. Very few could commit to that.

Some players pop into the dressing rooms every now and the when they can, and guys like Pricey, Mortimer and Lamb are often around the place.

Yet no difference.
I’ve definitely seen a difference we’ve become shitter

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not alone, but I am the one who WILL be doing something to bring some BITE back to the DOGS for season 21

Who is coming?
Who is going to stand up?
Who is just going to sit back and complain?

2 choices