Calling all bird/owl lovers.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was doing some gardening out the front today, and went to remove a few yellow leaves from a small Ash tree we have out the front.

Hear this noise and see something move "WHAT THE F..K!!" and then I realised what it was. I think I woke it up.. OOPS! Raced upstairs and grabbed the camera.

Can anyone tell me what this little guy or gal is? I believe it's either a Boobook or a Barking Owl.

We don't get much birdlife around here, let alone A FREAKN OWL!!!!!!

Was so placid it let me get within about 2m of it with the camera and just sat there posing on next doors bins, and literally waited till I was done.

I think it MAY be a female, ready to nest.

@south of heaven @Wahesh @ASSASSIN - how cool is this!!

upload_2019-7-6_18-8-39.png

upload_2019-7-6_18-9-57.png

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love birds.
Chicken turkey and duck, mainly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I got this big fuck off owl in my garden that tries the hunt the possum, dog absolutely loves the **** and loses his shit when he see's it outside at night.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I love birds.
Chicken turkey and duck, mainly.
I'm just lucky I dont have one of those rental cars from NO BIRDS. Poor Owl flies down "ahhh fuck" and flies away again.

I got this big fuck off owl in my garden that tries the hunt the possum, dog absolutely loves the **** and loses his shit when he see's it outside at night.
To give you an idea (how placid it was), our Labrador was sitting on front lawn whilst this unfolded, and was also on the driveway about 2m from it just looking at it and chilling. Shes such a chilled dog though, wouldn't hurt a thing. Rarely barks unless for good reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm just lucky I dont have one of those rental cars from NO BIRDS. Poor Owl flies down "ahhh fuck" and flies away again.

To give you an idea (how placid it was), our Labrador was sitting on front lawn whilst this unfolded, and was also on the driveway about 2m from it just looking at it and chilling. Shes such a chilled dog though, wouldn't hurt a thing. Rarely barks unless for good reason.
My dog barks at leaves in the wind..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
At my old place there was an owl that hung around.

They like to perch on the optus cable in the middle of the night and creep you out while you're high!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw speaking of birds and my old house, just before I moved I was chilling in my man cave minding own business and I hear this loud crashing sound on the roof.

I was a bit shocked, I get up to investigate and I witnessed a falcon pecking away at a dove!

I must of startled it while it was in a frenzy?
It noticed me nearby, freaked out and lost its prey in between mine and my neighbours house.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure what species of owl it is but we have one that comes in and sits on our basketball hoop every night.
We can actually walk close and it doesn't move. When it is pitch dark the head turns with these bright yellow eyes. Beautiful bird.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure what species of owl it is but we have one that comes on and sits our basketball hoop every night.
We can actually walk close and it doesnt move. When it is pitch dark the head turns with these bright yellow eyes. Beautiful bird.
Yeah awesome looking birds... seem to be pretty confident standing its ground too.

Apparently it's been hanging around here a bit and its the first time I've seen it :D

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Was doing some gardening out the front today, and went to remove a few yellow leaves from a small Ash tree we have out the front.

Hear this noise and see something move "WHAT THE F..K!!" and then I realised what it was. I think I woke it up.. OOPS! Raced upstairs and grabbed the camera.

Can anyone tell me what this little guy or gal is? I believe it's either a Boobook or a Barking Owl.

Was so placid it let me get within about 2m of it with the camera and just sat there posing on next doors bins, and literally waited till I was done.

View attachment 10543

View attachment 10544
Well this could be a good thing bro... owls eat mice, so she could be a blessing for you :grinning:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 10543

View attachment 10544
Looks like a boobook

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
E11D2301-0AAD-4B7B-8A6D-887A3333A058.jpeg

View attachment 10543

View attachment 10544
Keep an eye out for one of these, I heard that one was flying down from Queensland to try and shit on you again

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 10591

Keep an eye out for one of these, I heard that one was flying down from Queensland to try and shit on you again
You call THAT an Indian bird?

THIS is an Indian bird...

Oh sweet Gajagamani Gopalakrishnan Kaashi Vishwanathan... the things I would do to get in your pants. Although I'm sure that attention-to-detail king @Mr Invisible would find something wrong with this stunner!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Oh sweet Gajagamani Gopalakrishnan Kaashi Vishwanathan... the things I would do to get in your pants. Although I'm sure that attention-to-detail king @Mr Invisible would find something wrong with this stunner!
View attachment 10591

Elbows too pointy. Shoulders too square. Eyes disproportionally too lage for face.

I thought Indian mynas were what they called the child rapists over there?

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 10591

An absolute bastard of a pest in QLD. I wish there was an easier way to control Indian Mynas but people would complain.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
An absolute bastard of a pest in QLD. I wish there was an easier way to control Indian Mynas but people would complain.
We should be able to shoot them.

They attack anything that moves.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Swee

Sweet Jesus, is that her name??? Faark if you went into a tatt parlour to get her name on your arm you would come out looking like Josh Dugan.
The name is a definite mouthful, much like those chest-pets!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Swee

Sweet Jesus, is that her name??? Faark if you went into a tatt parlour to get her name on your arm you would come out looking like Josh Dugan.
The name is a definite mouthful, much like those chest-pets!
I honestly have no idea what her name is... but I’ve seen longer ones, believe me.