News Jayden Brailey to join knights from 2020 on a 3 year deal.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously
Think about it.
If you were a younger hooked looking to make your mark in the NRL, would you go to the knights on the bulldogs given the current situations of both clubs?

Rebuilding is very hard.
Knights got lucky being in a position to pick up Ponga and Pearce when they did and our Klemmer

They are huge draw cards for a young hooker

Not to mention the lifestyle Newcastle has to offer.

We will rebuild
It’s just going to take time and a bit of luck
I actually think the Knights were in a considerably worse position than us.
Yes, our situation is poor and we have higher standards for success than the Knights, but remember they got 3 wooden spoons in a row and I think one season they only won a single game?

I actually think their recruitment has been outstanding (Some will say luck), but if they can do it, we can too.
I'm not sure if the line about Newcastle liftstyle was a joke or not though - I have been there a few times and hated it.
Just little dero kids trying to bum cigarettes (I dont smoke) and start fights (LOL).

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think the Knights were in a considerably worse position than us.
Yes, our situation is poor and we have higher standards for success than the Knights, but remember they got 3 wooden spoons in a row and I think one season they only won a single game?

I actually think their recruitment has been outstanding (Some will say luck), but if they can do it, we can too.
I'm not sure if the line about Newcastle liftstyle was a joke or not though - I have been there a few times and hated it.
Just little dero kids trying to bum cigarettes (I dont smoke) and start fights (LOL).
Was no joke mate
I grew up in greenacre first 21 years of my life
Next 21 has been spent living in Newcastle
Honestly I wouldn’t live anywhere else in the world

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was no joke mate
I grew up in greenacre first 21 years of my life
Next 21 has been spent living in Newcastle
Honestly I wouldn’t live anywhere else in the world
Fair enough, maybe I was in the wrong places then.
Glad to hear you love it.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you can earn Sydney money and live elsewhere you will kill it financially in life. Also Cronulla and Newcastle are fairly similar lifestyle wise i think.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you can earn Sydney money and live elsewhere you will kill it financially in life. Also Cronulla and Newcastle are fairly similar lifestyle wise i think.
Yep this is another obstacle we need to overcome. If you live in Newcastle or Brisbane your expenses are halved compared to Sydney.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga was thrown a hugely lucrative contract for someone as inexperienced as he was, if you take it as gospel that he was given $600k anyway. Massive gamble that's seemingly paying off. The Broncos took similar gambles on jack bird and Milford. Not paying off so much.

But in recent years there have been a few clubs that go on huge spending sprees only to be in salary cap strife a year or two later. I have a feeling the Knights will be under immense pressure to get hold of a premiership trophy very soon before the team they've assembled breaks up.
Knights won’t be able to keep Ponga long term anyway if the Broncos come calling

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
time is running out our options are running out, and we are no closer to signing a hooker, another 3 years of jmk and lichaa coming up