Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They (the Andersons) are going to fuck this up royally. Same for Jurbo and Turbo.
Just wait and see if they get Holbrook they are doing ok in my book and the Turbos were never a chance of leaving Manly.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it now. Hollbrook just getting ready to sign on as coach and reading the fine print..... assistant to Pay...... signs with Titans

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...n-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

BULLDOGS, TITANS AFTER GUN COACH

Justin Holbrook is the most wanted man in coaching at the moment - with the Bulldogs and Titans both chasing the St Helens boss.

Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill even flew to England this week to talk to the former NRL halfback.

Holbrook is the next big thing in coaching and the two struggling NRL clubs have recognised that.

But if the Bulldogs do sign Holbrook, I’m hearing it may not necessarily mean the end for Dean Pay next season.

Pay still has the support of Bulldogs powerbrokers Lynne and Chris Anderson and I’m told their plan is to make Holbrook Pay’s assistant in 2020 - and then possibly have him take over the reins in 2021.

Just show Pay the door FFS
If that's the case we're fucked because he will head to the Titans... our board would be marking their own papers if they do this

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
no one is actually believing the Mole and that garbage suggestion are they ?? LOL

Just try and wrap your head around the suggestion.. a successful first grade coach that has been allegedly offered multiple contracts, is approached to be demoted .. LOL

this is too ludicrous even for the mole..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If this ridiculous plan is even half being thought of-it will be glaring proof the Andersons have lost it. I can't imagine they are that unaware!

It strips the pride and effectiveness of both coaches. Most notably Holbrook and would look a mealy mouth attempt by the Board to not hurt Dean Pay's feelings and a misguided attempt to minimise the media hype around replacing Pay early (which was their dumb decision to extend a loosing coach anyway).

In fact a handover of power framed like that would lead to constant and continuing hysteria from DT and Fox as the more likely outcome for the club.

Just pay him out and admit the mistake. If Dib had done that before the ever increasing crescendo of media and disgruntled fans, he may still be sitting in the Chairman's seat.

Admit the poor decision and results and determine to savagely fix it is the only way.

As it is a new direction won't be fixed by 2021. We can't set up a virtually new (successful) team that soon and we have to spend 95% of our cap.

We have to replace one of Roosters, Souths, Storm, Sharks, Knights, Raiders and won't be a stable, continuous Top 4 club for 4 years (if we get it completely right from now on).

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe they're considering keeping pay as assistant... which won't work either...
If we're going down this path we need a full clean out...

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck there are some seriously deluded dumbcunts on the kennel who believe this BS the mole has spun about Holbrook being Pay's assistant.

Either that, or the Dib cronies are out again, looking for any story just to discredit the current board.

Sad fuckers

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck there are some seriously deluded dumbcunts on the kennel who believe this BS the mole has spun about Hoolbrook being Pay's assistant.

Either that, or the Dib cronies are out again, looking for any story just to discredit the current board.

Sad fuckers
I don't think anyone actually believes any of that. It is possible they keep Pay as an assistant which would be a bad idea. I think people are just very concerned because the board hasn't acted soon enough on the coaching situation to put to bed all of these stupid rumours and conjecture.

The longer this drags on and Pay is a sitting duck, the more we'll be reading bullshit stories like this. They better act soon otherwise the circus will get even bigger while players and coaches will be even less likely to sign.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe they're considering keeping pay as assistant... which won't work either...
If we're going down this path we need a full clean out...
I thought myself earlier as a mark of respect to Pay that an Asst job could work but realisticly people moved sideways in jobs are "lessened" in the eyes of their workmates and if the team see him as a "loser" then where is his authority to guide the team.

I feel sure the fans or journos will not give him one iota of individual recognition if the team's defence improves under a new coach. He will be on a hiding to nothing as an Asst.

Dean's career is over as a Head Coach going forward. He can continue his career as an Asst but needs to start afresh at another club, same as Jason Taylor. If he wants to back himself and try again as a fg coach, he needs to re-establish his career and skills over in SL and learn how it's done.

It has been a mountain too high here with our average roster to work with and he has cuccumbed to the pressure with panicked selections, poor choices and an unclear, poorly communicated vision of a way forward.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually believes any of that. It is possible they keep Pay as an assistant which would be a bad idea. I think people are just very concerned because the board hasn't acted soon enough on the coaching situation to put to bed all of these stupid rumours and conjecture.

The longer this drags on and Pay is a sitting duck, the more we'll be reading bullshit stories like this. They better act soon otherwise the circus will get even bigger while players and coaches will be even less likely to sign.
It will drag out but, if we are in fact signing Holbrook, there is no way he’d want an announcement done now as his team is sitting top of SL table

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will drag out but, if we are in fact signing Holbrook, there is no way he’d want an announcement done now as his team is sitting top of SL table
We also don't want to ruin the run our team is currently on also .. first back to back 2 points of the season :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see how it would derail their campaign. He's moving to another competition so it's not like joining a rival. If anything it could spur them on to give him a proper send off.

But if Holbrook is the replacement, then it will be worth waiting for an announcement.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s no way that plan is going to work and I highly doubt it’s true. Holbrook isn’t going to take a step back to being a assistant and Pay would have no self respect if he stayed why his replacement is working under his nose.
Why the fk would Holbrook leave Saints to be the Assistant of the worst coach in the NRL

If that’s the case why not just sign to Titans

If that’s true then our board are dumber than I thought

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This will go one of two ways.

Club sign Holbrook aw coach for 2020 and we all feel they are moving the right way and they likely by themselves another run in charge.

The fuck this up
Offer the far better coach assistant coach and he signs with titans and we all send memberships back and they lose their jobs ASAP.

Make your move board

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why the fk would Holbrook leave Saints to be the Assistant of the worst coach in the NRL

If that’s the case why not just sign to Titans

If that’s true then our board are dumber than I thought
Holbrook will be here as head coach or won't be at the club at all.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he's still in shock that Pay may be fired. According to him Pay is doing well and nothing needs to change.
Once again I issue you the same challenge as I do whenever you misquote me, please post a quote where I said that?

Go Dogs

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...n-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

BULLDOGS, TITANS AFTER GUN COACH

Justin Holbrook is the most wanted man in coaching at the moment - with the Bulldogs and Titans both chasing the St Helens boss.

Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill even flew to England this week to talk to the former NRL halfback.

Holbrook is the next big thing in coaching and the two struggling NRL clubs have recognised that.

But if the Bulldogs do sign Holbrook, I’m hearing it may not necessarily mean the end for Dean Pay next season.

Pay still has the support of Bulldogs powerbrokers Lynne and Chris Anderson and I’m told their plan is to make Holbrook Pay’s assistant in 2020 - and then possibly have him take over the reins in 2021.

Just show Pay the door FFS
Bwahhahahahahaahhahahahahaa the mole is a fried **** assistant to pay bwahahahahhahahahahhahaha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again I issue you the same challenge as I do whenever you misquote me, please post a quote where I said that?

Go Dogs
I can't be bothered but it wouldn't take long to find dozens of lengthy posts of you defending nearly every decision and selection Pay has made this season.

You've also written off the credentials of every replacement mentioned as, according to you, it's "not proven" that they're capable of doing better with this squad than Pay has. All of which is laughable...

And now all of a sudden you act like you've never said such a thing? That's all you do on here, is defend Pay and the club ad nauseam. And if that's your opinion, then so be it. But don't act like that's not what you've been saying. Countless times you've written off Holbrook as a candidate and suggested Pay is better..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't be bothered but it wouldn't take long to find dozens of lengthy posts of you defending nearly every decision and selection Pay has made this season.
You've also written off the credentials of every replacement mentioned as, according to you, it's "not proven" that they're capable of doing better with this squad than Pay has. All of which is laughable...
And now all of a sudden you act like you've never said such a thing? That's all you do on here, is defend Pay and the club ad nauseam. And if that's your opinion, then so be it. But don't act like that's not what you've been saying. Countless times you've written off Holbrook as a candidate and suggested Pay is better..
Once again, please feel free anytime to post up a quote where I said anything remotely resembling writing "off Holbrook as a candidate and suggested Pay is better". It's not that hard, the search function works pretty well.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No assistant to pay or pay as an assistant to any new coach... pay has to go regardless..!!