THE REBUILD - The In's & The Out's

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klokstad wasn't available when Meaney was signed, the Warriors only released him in February. Meaney was signed in June last year, some 8 months before Klokstad became available. As a result there was no "choice" to be made between Klokstad and Meaney. For it to be a valid comparison (ie; a choice between player A or player B) firstly, both players must be available at the same time and able to fit within the salary cap limits.

If we ignore the differing time frames then personally I prefer Pay's fullback choice of DWZ over Klokstad.

Go Dogs
Incorrect.. Klokstad was negotiating with the Tigers until they secured Mbye.. he was available in 2018 and NZ told him they wont stand in his way..

But lets not allow the facts to get in the way of a good story.. So lets all tow your line about Pay and club and anything else that puts the club into question about anything..

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Incorrect.. Klokstad was negotiating with the Tigers until they secured Mbye.. he was available in 2018 and NZ told him they wont stand in his way..

But lets not allow the facts to get in the way of a good story.. So lets all tow your line about Pay and club and anything else that puts the club into question about anything..
Waiting for the enivitable long twin tosspot reply that "justifies" his dribbling, shouldn't be long now

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can forget the Trbojevic bros, offered 2 mill a year for 5 years by Manly....

I pray to God we don’t go for their left overs or total Fwits like Dylan Walker.

It’s also good to see the elite clubs keep those they realise they need, and we let blokes like
Klemmer
Barba
Graham
Finucane
SBW
Mason
Thurston
And countless others continue to walk away from this emblem.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can forget the Trbojevic bros, offered 2 mill a year for 5 years by Manly....

I pray to God we don’t go for their left overs or total Fwits like Dylan Walker.

It’s also good to see the elite clubs keep those they realise they need, and we let blokes like
Klemmer
Barba
Graham
Finucane
SBW
Mason
Thurston
And countless others continue to walk away from this emblem.....
Well no need to forget about it till they* actually sign. If they don't sign by November they're waiting to see what other huge $ offers they can get. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs offer Tom 1.4m and Jake 1.2m, or 1.3m each as a pair. Saying that the more I think about it we need a massive overhaul and spending that much on just 2 players wouldn't allow that to be possible, so idk just see what happens.

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well no need to forget about it till then actually sign. If they don't sign by November they're waiting to see what other huge $ offers they can get. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs offer Tom 1.4m and Jake 1.2m, or 1.3m each as a pair. Saying that the more I think about it we need a massive overhaul and spending that much on just 2 players wouldn't allow that to be possible, so idk just see what happens.
To get them to defect we'd need to pay massive overs which would decimate our cap. I think we need to build a strong nucleus more

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well no need to forget about it till then actually sign. If they don't sign by November they're waiting to see what other huge $ offers they can get. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs offer Tom 1.4m and Jake 1.2m, or 1.3m each as a pair. Saying that the more I think about it we need a massive overhaul and spending that much on just 2 players wouldn't allow that to be possible, so idk just see what happens.
You are correct, and thats why we should only target one of them.

Theres plenty of front rowers out there, obviously Jake is one of the best ones, but there isnt too many elite fullbacks like Tom.

If Manly are offering Tom $1.1m a season for 5 years, you could probably nab him for $1.3m a season for 5 years. 200k doesnt sound like much but over 5 years thats an extra million bucks in the bank.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rough maths say we will have around $2m available next year under the cap, based on who is off contract minus who we have signed (eg; Simson). Personally I seriously doubt that $2m is remotely near half what we would need to get close to a Top 4 finish. One decent strike/gun player plus 4 good value replacements isn't going to be enough. I see 2021 as being the year when we have enough cap space available to make a major difference.

Go Dogs
I agree with you.

But as soon as November 1st hits, legally the club has the ability to sign any player available that is not contracted for the 2021 season. Therefore to have the best chance at a great squad for 2021, the board need to be ready to act as soon as November 1 this year or we will miss the boat.

I'm pissed that we still haven't locked in more quality players than we already have for next season. I'm hoping that they have already signed some but don't want to announce them not to piss off current players who are still not & won't be re-signed.

The board will hope they can name a few strong signings before next years elections come around, otherwise I think they might be fubar.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A player that I think is worth signing on a 2 year deal is Sam Williams from Raiders. Good kicking game. Reliable. Injury free. Adds depth and competition. Grab him for 350,000 I reckon. George Williams, jack wighton and Aiden Sezer all ahead of him.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A player that I think is worth signing on a 2 year deal is Sam Williams from Raiders. Good kicking game. Reliable. Injury free. Adds depth and competition. Grab him for 350,000 I reckon. George Williams, jack wighton and Aiden Sezer all ahead of him.
Sign a Matt Frawley clone for $350k!?

WTF!?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Trbojevics won't leave Manly, not when they are at the top of their games this season. If it was anything like last year we would have been in with a chance. Sure you can dream but lets be realistic and have productive discussions.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should target Addin Fonua Blake and Api Korisau from Manly 100%. Manly will struggle to keep these two in 2021. These two would be astute purchases that will add a lot of talent to our team. Both young too.

AFB adds mongrel and would really define our forward back. Api is just a dynamic hooker we need to get our forwards rolling, he's handly in defence.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given the dogs position on the tables - ladder, points scored, points against - the changes to staff n players needs to be significant for the club to be competitive against the strong clubs. A high quality aggressive middle forward, an outside back or two and a dummy half for starters. At the moment there is not much difference between the dogs first gradeand reserve grade teams each week.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Top Priorities
1. A coach
2. An X-factor ( A back from 1-7)
3. A hooker
4. A blockbusting Prop
Will we have to wait until the 2020 or 2021 season for these though?

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jesse Arthurs from the Titans looks a talent.Also off contract..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wtf ??

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should target Addin Fonua Blake and Api Korisau from Manly 100%. Manly will struggle to keep these two in 2021. These two would be astute purchases that will add a lot of talent to our team. Both young too.

AFB adds mongrel and would really define our forward back. Api is just a dynamic hooker we need to get our forwards rolling, he's handly in defence.
Totally agree even have a crack for next year manly would be open in their desire to lock up the turbos i reckon

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Rapana
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Harry Grant