It's Official - I'm Old

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There's no animation in happy. (apart from the unicorn)
It's a pretty dark show with some messed up characters from the guy who directed the crank movies starring your main man Jason statham
Mate you're selling it to me well. The girl actually sent me an email this morning saying that she thinks I will enjoy that more than Stranger Things. Hmmm... interesting.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m getting on in age. thought stranger things is good am finishing the show I’m watching before I start season 3. Happy I didn’t give it a chance haven’t got back to it so can’t say if good or not.

Wahesh

Reaction score
There's no animation in happy. (apart from the unicorn)
It's a pretty dark show with some messed up characters from the guy who directed the crank movies starring your main man Jason statham
I’m getting on in age. thought stranger things is good am finishing the show I’m watching before I start season 3. Happy I didn’t give it a chance haven’t got back to it so can’t say if good or not.
It's only fair I give recommendations back to you guys then...

Bitter Daisies (Spanish subtitles)is one I'd recommend as a police drama series. There are 6 episodes in total, about 60-70 mins each. The twists at the end of it are amazing.

Guilt - a wealthy American girl is charged with murder in the UK and fights to clear her name. There is a mix of legal drama and action that go hand-in-hand with this mini series. 10 episodes, ~40 mins each.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's only fair I give recommendations back to you guys then...

Bitter Daisies (Spanish subtitles)is one I'd recommend as a police drama series. There are 6 episodes in total, about 60-70 mins each. The twists at the end of it are amazing.

Guilt - a wealthy American girl is charged with murder in the UK and fights to clear her name. There is a mix of legal drama and action that go hand-in-hand with this mini series. 10 episodes, ~40 mins each.
Cheers bud, but I've got a shit load to get through on my hdd. Between counterpart season 2, the rest of Veep, happy s 2, dirty john, mad men the entire series (which I haven't even started) stranger things s3, three seasons of preacher, fourth season of peaky blinders and re-watching the entire series of deadwood, I'm sure there's some I missed too.

I'm swamped with TV :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Cheers bud, but I've got a shit load to get through on my hdd. Between counterpart season 2, the rest of Veep, happy s 2, dirty john, mad men the entire series (which I haven't even started) stranger things s3, three seasons of preacher, fourth season of peaky blinders and re-watching the entire series of deadwood, I'm sure there's some I missed too.

I'm swamped with TV :tearsofjoy:
I'll admit something I've been doing of late is getting through the rest of my regular shows which aren't on TV here anymore - The Simpsons (feels weird that they aren't on TV here anymore) and Modern Family. Almost at the end now so I reckon I'll be starting Happy sometime this week or next.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m 37 and still look no older than 25 lol.. but yea, you sound like an old man chimp :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
Same here mate. Must be good genetics cuz it surprises people when I tell them my actual age. I guess I also still dress young and act young too at times. Plus my girlfriend is 22.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Same here mate. Must be good genetics cuz it surprises people when I tell them my actual age. I guess I also still dress young and act young too at times. Plus my girlfriend is 22.
I'm the opposite. When I was 19 people said I looked 35. Now I actually am 35 and still look the same as I did when I was 19 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it aimed at a young audience? Being in my mid 30s I think I'm past that point lol.

Only if you think it, I'm 31 and still enjoyed it. Dunno if I'm older than the target audience but def one of the better series on Netflix imo.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You forgot to mention... is she hot?
OMG. I can't even fathom it. You know how you wouldn't look at Indian girls as hot until one who is a 10/10 suddenly comes along? This Godess is freaking MINT! The only thing I can fault her on is that she has a nose ring... it'd be better if it was a diamond rather than a hoop. But she's so damn hot that even I can see through that :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I legitimately didn't see her at the station and I thought she would've avoided me... but the fact the she stopped and said Hi won her some extra points with me :D

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Only if you think it, I'm 31 and still enjoyed it. Dunno if I'm older than the target audience but def one of the better series on Netflix imo.
I'm definitely going to give both shows a try. Thanks bro :D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Two points I have to make:

1) if you haven't heard of Stranger Things, you're not old, you're dead

2) I've spammed the TV discussion with Happy! and many others have as well. Do you even read?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Two points I have to make:

1) if you haven't heard of Stranger Things, you're not old, you're dead

2) I've spammed the TV discussion with Happy! and many others have as well. Do you even read?
1) I use Netflix mainly for movies and mini series - not tv shows. And yes I have heard of Stranger Things on the Telstra 5G commercial.

2) I put my 2 cents in, I'm not very activein in that thread though.

BTW I watched the first 5 eps of Happy! last night. Walla.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, thought this was gonna be another horny Wahesh thread

Wahesh

Reaction score
Let me know what you think of both, might give happy a run.
Ok so I watched it last night (first 2 episodes) and it certainly was not what I expected. This whole idea of it being a kiddie show went out the window in the first minute when I thought that Nick blew his brains out with the gun. On top of that, there's a hit squad of 4 Italian Mafia brothers that get fooled by an assassin and killed, a hooker giving a lobster a bj, and a scary Santa that kidnaps kids. I was left in a state of... WTF? - and then in episode 2 where Nick was in an episode of Jerry Springer... I was so confused that I didn't know what to think. Yep... this show does that to ya. Nonetheless... I'm into now so this will be what I watch moving forward :grinning:

Now I didn't watch Game of Thrones, however the first 2 episodes of this show left me thinking that this show is far more interesting!