News Jayden Brailey to join knights from 2020 on a 3 year deal.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well done
To them. Once again we show we are ran by fucking useless twats

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Whilst other teams sign players, all our club does is piss them off and turn them away.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow!! Now this shit is really showing we can’t attract players !! It’s very very wrong and this club is becoming a disappointment to all its loyal fans, they need to change things real quick as we supporters deserve SO much better !

Don’t expect miracles, just want a team and club that can compete!!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to sign up a coach and a marquee player and things will turn around very fast.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still reported on the ABC today that the knights need to make cap space before they and sign Brailey.

Lets see who they let go.

Also he hasn't been granted a release from the Sharks yet either.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Danny Levi getting the chop. Also where are the people who were calling for Zac Woolford to play first grade here? He can't hold the starting spot in their Cup side anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Danny Levi getting the chop. Also where are the people who were calling for Zac Woolford to play first grade here? He can't hold the starting spot in their Cup side anymore.
It is ability or attitude though which is keeping him back?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably says more about our club and standards than about us supporters...we'd be happy with anybody except Lichaa.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am not saying brailey is a star. Though he’s 20 x the player we have in 9.

I still say if we have a Fucking war chest b Smith is the first signed. I don’t care if it’s reported he’s happy waiting for c Smith to retire go offer him 600-700k a year for 3-4 years with 9 on his back. Test it..:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst other teams sign players, all our club does is piss them off and turn them away.
Seriously
Think about it.
If you were a younger hooked looking to make your mark in the NRL, would you go to the knights on the bulldogs given the current situations of both clubs?

Rebuilding is very hard.
Knights got lucky being in a position to pick up Ponga and Pearce when they did and our Klemmer

They are huge draw cards for a young hooker

Not to mention the lifestyle Newcastle has to offer.

We will rebuild
It’s just going to take time and a bit of luck

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Seriously
Think about it.
If you were a younger hooked looking to make your mark in the NRL, would you go to the knights on the bulldogs given the current situations of both clubs?

Rebuilding is very hard.
Knights got lucky being in a position to pick up Ponga and Pearce when they did and our Klemmer

We will rebuild
And shit loads of $$$$$$$

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously
Think about it.

Rebuilding is very hard.

We will rebuild
Thats a lot of luck getting those 3

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously
Think about it.

Rebuilding is very hard.

We will rebuild
Interesting thoughts mate, I suppose if you asked that same question of Ponga a couple of years back, you might be thinking the same thing?

I’m sure N.Brown wasn’t the drawcard and the roster looks nothing like it does now.

Lifestyle and one team town yes, but a shit tonne more $$$ than anyone else probably helped...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts mate, I suppose if you asked that same question of Ponga a couple of years back, you might be thinking the same thing?

I’m sure N.Brown wasn’t the drawcard and the roster looks nothing like it does now.

Lifestyle and one team town yes, but a shit tonne more $$$ than anyone else probably helped...
Ponga was thrown a hugely lucrative contract for someone as inexperienced as he was, if you take it as gospel that he was given $600k anyway. Massive gamble that's seemingly paying off. The Broncos took similar gambles on jack bird and Milford. Not paying off so much.

But in recent years there have been a few clubs that go on huge spending sprees only to be in salary cap strife a year or two later. I have a feeling the Knights will be under immense pressure to get hold of a premiership trophy very soon before the team they've assembled breaks up.