Opinion Guaranteed FG spot?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Was thinking on the subject due to our need to sign alot of players in the next few years and contemplated this clause that has seemed to make it's way into the game, Guaranteed FG spot! I don't know about anyone else but I hate the whole idea of it for these reasons,

* It leaves no incentive for the player to play well or earn their selection
* Leaves no room for the Coach to drop the player due to form (I think She-rex had this in his contract?)
* Coach cannot experiment with the team dynamics
* Less opportunity to promote a player from reggies
* Gives the player too much power

I just hope that the Club hates the idea of the clause too and be wary of any player wanting it. Personally I would be saying to the player, "Are you not prepared to earn your spot in the team?"

Is this just a reflection of the lack of talent in the game giving players all the bargaining chips? Do we need to expand to have more players and balance the power back out?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe guaranteed X games played for the first season instead. 10-15 games?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this clause , but it only seems this way as clubs restricted to squad of 30s , we don't have three grades like previous to allow experimentations , and also the players of today spit the dummy of dropped and request release for personal /home sickness reasons

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt coaches like Bellamy or Bennett would use these sort of clauses when signing up a player. It's usually desperate coaches like Hasler and others shit coaches like Brown who do that to save their jobs and not worry about the consequences it will have on the club.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was thinking on the subject due to our need to sign alot of players in the next few years and contemplated this clause that has seemed to make it's way into the game, Guaranteed FG spot! I don't know about anyone else but I hate the whole idea of it for these reasons,

* Leaves no room for the Coach to drop the player due to form (I think She-rex had this in his contract?)

I just hope that the Club hates the idea of the clause too and be wary of any player wanting it. Personally I would be saying to the player, "Are you not prepared to earn your spot in the team?"

Is this just a reflection of the lack of talent in the game giving players all the bargaining chips? Do we need to expand to have more players and balance the power back out?

Thoughts?
That only happens with shit players. Ryan Matterson is a positive example, left Roosters for a guaranteed starting spot and is having an excellent season.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Does this clause actually exist? I also can't understand why a club would accept mediocrity if that's what a payer is dishing out just cause it's in a contract? It's hard to believe any professional sports franchise would do that. Not doubting you mate (I have no idea!) but do you have any examples of this clause - it could be true but it just sounds bizarre?

Obviously a lot of quality first graders are pretty safe from reserve grade but they don't need a contract to say so.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Does this clause actually exist? I also can't understand why a club would accept mediocrity if that's what a payer is dishing out just cause it's in a contract? It's hard to believe any professional sports franchise would do that. Not doubting you mate (I have no idea!) but do you have any examples of this clause - it could be true but it just sounds bizarre?

Obviously a lot of quality first graders are pretty safe from reserve grade but they don't need a contract to say so.
Talk of this clause has been around for probably 4 seasons or so. No I have no proof as I'm not in the world of "inside info" etc. What I'm going off is hearing it mentioned heaps of times of the last few years. I remember hearing it around She-rex when that girl's dik was with us. I have no doubt there would be a few of the blokes on here that could confirm or deny it's existence.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No such thing
Wouldn’t be a coach in the world that would give that the tick of approval
Players leave clubs to get more game time because the team they go to isn’t as strong in that position
No garunteed fg spot clause
And the true professionals and top echelon players wouldn’t need it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt coaches like Bellamy or Bennett would use these sort of clauses when signing up a player. It's usually desperate coaches like Hasler and others shit coaches like Brown who do that to save their jobs and not worry about the consequences it will have on the club.
You forgot pays name lol.!!

But agree ;)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I'm sure there are T & Cs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there are such things as coaches saying a new signing will get the first crack at cementing a spot in first grade but I have never heard of a actual clause that doesn't allow a player to be dropped.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People respond differently to different things.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing is a guarentee at our club at moment.. not even a root at a brothel..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Do we truly need players who believes they should always be selected in first grade based on their ego and not form ???
Trust me...We've had teams with lessor big name players who performed admirably !!!
Simply We need a coach...Sadly Deano isn't our answer.

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing is a guarentee at our club at moment.. not even a root at a brothel..
Probably find Buzz Kent in there, dressed as a ladyboy, to secure the scoop of such deplorable behaviour blah blah blah!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably find Buzz Kent in there, dressed as a ladyboy, to secure the scoop of such deplorable behaviour blah blah blah!
I dont think are players frequent gay brothels..