Lynne Anderson on our Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps when the noisy majority are complaining it's simply mob mentality, many being afraid to put forward an alternative view for fear of being lambasted. There are a lot of lemmings jumping off the cliff together. Maybe for a minute it's worthwhile considering that it's the silent majority that have it right. Some of the stuff I read on here is simply nonsensical, with no facts to support it and no logic applied whatsoever. Some of that can be explained by passion for their team, after all that what fan is short for, fanatic.

Go Dogs
In light of that, please feel free to support your posts with verifiable facts from now onward, in order to dismiss the fictitious facilities you tire of?
Either that, or openly admit they're unsubstantiated opinions, so people can address accordingly.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perhaps when the noisy majority are complaining it's simply mob mentality, many being afraid to put forward an alternative view for fear of being lambasted. There are a lot of lemmings jumping off the cliff together. Maybe for a minute it's worthwhile considering that it's the silent majority that have it right. Some of the stuff I read on here is simply nonsensical, with no facts to support it and no logic applied whatsoever. Some of that can be explained by passion for their team, after all that what fan is short for, fanatic.

Go Dogs
I'll hand it to you, you are a fantastic comedian but a shocking Rugby League analyst

God Bless

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In light of that, please feel free to support your posts with verifiable facts from now onward, in order to dismiss the fictitious facilities you tire of?
Either that, or openly admit they're unsubstantiated opinions, so people can address accordingly.
I think that you will find most of my posts have facts and where possible sources quoted.
Should I apply the same criteria to your posts?

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sophomaniac ...translates to someone in a delusion that they are very intelligent. A person who admires himself too much and think that they are always right.

Go Flog

Banned
Reaction score
I think that you will find most of my posts have facts and where possible sources quoted.
Should I apply the same criteria to your posts?

Go Dogs
Considering I'm oft replying to someone else's post, querying it or seeking further info, I doubt it would do much good, unless you seek to apply that logic to all and sundry.
Then that would be a slippery slope to stupidity, population "Go Dogs"!
I've only been here a short time, yet I'd rather not see it degrade to such...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sophomaniac ...translates to someone in a delusion that they are very intelligent. A person who admires himself too much and think that they are always right.
Go Flog
Sophomania, I like it, word for the day and something that many on here suffer from.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps when the majority are complaining, there is a basis for their behaviour, which needs to be addressed, rather than glossed over with false "GO DOGS" bravado?
It's hardly been glossed over. It's just that some people love to whinge about shit, and others take the view that whingeing will make no difference.
Personally, I have a lot more important shit to do then waste my time complaining about all of the Bulldogs news/issues. I'd rather comment in a positive way as it is actually worth my while. But that's just me.
As for @TwinTurbo , well good on him for being one of the more optimistic ones. He has a good footy mind by the looks of it, and is usually on the money with the points he makes. Who cares if he signs off with go dogs?? But of course it's just another thing for people to complain about.
I get that every one is pissed off by our recent results, I sure as fuck am too. But constantly whingeing about it wont change a thing.

Banned
Reaction score
It's hardly been glossed over. It's just that some people love to whinge about shit, and others take the view that whingeing will make no difference.
Personally, I have a lot more important shit to do then waste my time complaining about all of the Bulldogs news/issues. I'd rather comment in a positive way as it is actually worth my while. But that's just me.
As for @TwinTurbo , well good on him for being one of the more optimistic ones. He has a good footy mind by the looks of it, and is usually on the money with the points he makes. Who cares if he signs off with go dogs?? But of course it's just another thing for people to complain about.
I get that every one is pissed off by our recent results, I sure as fuck am too. But constantly whingeing about it wont change a thing.
So you propose we celebrate sub-par mediocrity, rather than call it out for what it is, all in the PC name of positivism?
Fuck that!
We are the reason they have jobs.
We are the reason the team and club exists.
If we are not entitled to a voice, why should we support them?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you say this to your partner everyday as well?
Haha actually no. My wife is literally the most easy going person on the planet. She never ever nags me, and even encourages me to catch up with my mates. She doesnt even bust my balls for yelling at the tv when the Bulldogs are playing!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you propose we celebrate sub-par mediocrity, rather than call it out for what it is, all in the PC name of positivism?
Fuck that!
We are the reason they have jobs.
We are the reason the team and club exists.
If we are not entitled to a voice, why should we support them?
I think your just going off on a tangent so you can have a rant. I never suggested that at all. "We" as you say, are actually the minority, because I'm sure there are a shitload more fans out there then there are on here that have nothing to do with the kennel forum, and are way more optimistic. This forum is just a platform for people to communicate their views with a wider audience. Unfortunately most people just want to use that platform to whinge.
And if you think that voicing your opinions is going to shake the club up and force change (for whatever it is you might want to change) then you are delusional mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.