Iphone wont update any apple geniuses here.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update might be to big for the phone cause it’s older model.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I got a question about iOS. My iPad is a pain in the arse as it's really really slow. If I do a factory reset, will it completely remove everything on it and run fast and smooth like new again once it's complete?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I got a question about iOS. My iPad is a pain in the arse as it's really really slow. If I do a factory reset, will it completely remove everything on it and run fast and smooth like new again once it's complete?
Nope. It's Apple. It's garbage after a set amount of time. It will continue to lose all functionality.

I have iPad that isn't even compatible with Netflix anymore lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nope. It's Apple. It's garbage after a set amount of time. It will continue to lose all functionality.

I have iPad that isn't even compatible with Netflix anymore lol.
Me too - but I use my TV, PC and iPhone 6 for that.

Believe it or not though... Netflix isn't compatible with my Chrome browser... I need to use Firefox for it :anguished:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It'll go back to how it was when you first got it. Problem is that Apple love to cripple their products in future IOS updates, slowing them down so people update instead.

WOW Apple just introduced a swipe keyboard in a recent update.... Androids only had that about 5-8 years now!

For watching TV/Foxtel I use little Intel NUCs connected to a TV with a Logitech K400R. Tis an awesome setup :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
It'll go back to how it was when you first got it. Problem is that Apple love to cripple their products in future IOS updates, slowing them down so people update instead.

WOW Apple just introduced a swipe keyboard in a recent update.... Androids only had that about 5-8 years now!

For watching TV/Foxtel I use little Intel NUCs connected to a TV with a Logitech K400R. Tis an awesome setup :grinning:
I'm not a big fan of the swipe keyboard lol... I can only imagine too many errors with it. I prefer the normal tapping instead. Back in '16 my old manager left the company and gave me her iPad to give back to IT - it had a keyboard with it that you can plug it. I kept it (face it, we bought that keyboard, not IT) but I haven't used it yet.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thieving little Romani bastards those South Americans!
I caught one with his hand in my pocket I would like to think he will change his profession after that. All big events in Brazil eg: carnival World Cup and other events I leave my phone at home and only carry my card.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I caught one with his hand in my pocket I would like to think he will change his profession after that. All big events in Brazil eg: carnival World Cup and other events I leave my phone at home and only carry my card.
I recall seeing a Liveleak video about what happened to some bloke who stole someones stuff in Brazil.

Video shows them hauling the bloke outside, holding him down, and someone unloads the entire clip (6 bullets) straight though the thiefs hand. Suffice to say I think a valuble lesson was learned that day.

Be careful out there.. it's definitely not a safe place I hear.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recall seeing a Liveleak video about what happened to some bloke who stole someones stuff in Brazil.

Video shows them hauling the bloke outside, holding him down, and someone unloads the entire clip (6 bullets) straight though the thiefs hand. Suffice to say I think a valuble lesson was learned that day.

That's pretty tame compared to others I've seen with them dealing with thieves. There are some fucking savagers in that country, we'll throughout South America.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's pretty tame compared to others I've seen with them dealing with thieves. There are some fucking savagers in that country, we'll throughout South America.
Like the one where the bloke steals a bike, falls off, and they catch up to him, remove their helmets, remove his helmet, and cave his skull in?

There's zero value on human lives in some of those countries... just pure savages.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like the one where the bloke steals a bike, falls off, and they catch up to him, remove their helmets, remove his helmet, and cave his skull in?

There's zero value on human lives in some of those countries... just pure savages.
Or like the young women that robbed the taxi driver who had a angry mob beat her up then set her on fire while she was still alive. I think that one was in Venezuela if I remember correctly.

Your are right though about the zero value in human lives in those types of countries.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung had that on the Omnia II running Windows Mobile 6.1 that was 10 years ago.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh mate there are just depends what area you are in. one thing I don’t do is watch the news here you wouldn’t to stay anymore. Where i am there is not much trouble.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You hear lots of stories but the 8 years I’ve lived here I have never seen any trouble probably 2 punch ups but they where pretty tame. It really depends on where you live, every country has there bad areas just some a worse than others if you are careful and use common sense it is a great country to live in.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or like the young women that robbed the taxi driver who had a angry mob beat her up then set her on fire while she was still alive. I think that one was in Venezuela if I remember correctly.

Your are right though about the zero value in human lives in those types of countries.
A lot of these places would be favelas aka shanty towns they are the places you don’t go to unless you are with someone from there. I could go on but I would be typing for ever.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I got my iPhone battery replaced today. I found this bit of information that came from a flyer in the store very interesting (this is copied from Reddit btw).

The 40-80% rule is true. In truth, 20-80% would also work. The upper and lower extremes stress out the lithium ions. Think of a battery like a balloon. If you completely fill a balloon every day, eventually it won't be nearly as elastic and snappy. It will get saggy.

Charging only to 80% doesn't work for a lot of people. If you charge your phone to 100% and drain it in 1 day, it won't work for you. If you're like me and use 25-50% max in a single day, the 40-80% rule works. A lot of people will reply "If I charge to only 80%, I am already losing 20% capacity, so even if I charge 0-100% and lose 20% capacity over a year, I will still have 80% capacity after 1 year, which is what you are using on day 1." This is true, but a phone charged from 20 or 40% to 80% will last a lot longer. Accubattery claims charging to 80% extends the battery lifespan by something like 211%.

Lithium ion battery technology has not advanced at nearly the rate as screens and camera technology has. They still make lithium ion batteries the same as ever. The advancement has come in quick charging and wireless charging.

At the end of the day, living your life worrying about battery isn't worth it. A new battery installed is anywhere from $40-$70, and that's for an oem Samsung battery and they will maintain water resistance. I personally use about 35% in a single day on average. Charging from 40-80% works for me. I won't miss out on that 20% capacity, and my battery is kept at a lower voltage and lower strain than 100%. Going from 80-55% every day is much better than 100-65%. I'll never run out of battery, and I can extend the life of my phone a bit longer.

People always love to say "this information is outdated, and that batteries are "smart" now. Samsung knows fast charging ruins batteries much quicker than normal charging, but it's all about an 18-24 month lifespan. VERY few people bought their s7 and planned to keep it til 2019 or beyond. There are people on this subreddit who have gotten their free battery replacement from Samsung for losing 20% capacity in under a year. That right there tells you that these batteries are very inclined to rapid capacity loss.

An average lithium ion is rated for 300-500 full cycles (charging 100% capacity) Since I charge 35% per day, it'll take me 3 days to use 1 cycle. If you fully charge your phone every day, you will come close to the lifespan of the battery in a year. This 300-500 cycle lifespan is something that is impossible to find out about the s7. Samsung never specified how many cycles the battery is rated for. My guess is that it's in this window. If it were good for 700 cycles or so like some people claim, there's no way that so many people would have already lost 20% capacity in under 12 months.

Charge your phone however you want. A new battery is cheap, but if you send it in to Samsung, you will be without it for a week or 2. A local shop can do it in a day, but if they're not Samsung certified it may lose it's water resistance.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Easiest way to fix iPhones is to spin your car wheels on them for a few minutes.

Can u tell I'm a Samsung man lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to fix iPhones is to spin your car wheels on them for a few minutes.

Can u tell I'm a Samsung man lol
Been a Samsung man for years and haven't had any trouble with any of my products. Never liked Apple and their ways!

Wahesh

Reaction score
The only reason I ended up with Apple is because at one of my previous jobs, I was given an iPad, and I was impressed at how easy the GUI was. They made them very user-friendly.

I got an iPhone as I wanted to pretty much play the games I had on the iPad on my phone instead. Added to that the 2 places I've worked have also given me iPhones since.