Jimmy Dymock

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pay detractors on this Kennel are really starting to piss me off.

Pay was a highly aggressive old time Bulldog forward who successfully reached the heights
of footy. For that reason alone, Pay should be afforded a greater degree of respect.
He is the coach of our club, for better or worse, and we owe the man respect, at least for the position he holds.

Respect isn't a hard thing to remember given your giving and receiving it all day.

RESPECT OUR COACH !!!!!

If you're not happy, go to the Bulldog Football Club AGM and voice your vote. Take your membership with you
(not your ANZ membership number}. I think it only takes 3 years waiting before you can vote. I'm pretty sure this coach
issue will be long and buried by then. If you examined the Pay threads and responses in the Kennel you would probably
be aware that they total near 72m.

Regards,
I love them like you
I respect him as much as the next guy.
Yes, he was a great player for the club before he left.
Yes, he was tough as nails and brought down much bigger men with his hard hits.
Yes, he took a tough job to be our coach when no one else wanted to come near.
Yes, he's a good guy.

This does not change the fact that he isn't getting the best out of our players and needs to make way for someone who can turn this ship around.
I have no issue with him keeping a job at the club, but head coach isn't it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Got a lot of respect from me for taking on the job, would have been much easier to sit back and let some other sucker cop the inevitable. Very brave, much like he played.
At the time Pay was brought to the club... wasn't Dib still at the helm?

I don't think people have as much of a problem with Pay, as they do the club extending his contract when he was clearly struggling already.

We should have cut our losses then.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Dymock was Haslers sidekick we were still playing one up footy and running the ball dead on the last.
He had to take the blame for some of the lack of creativity.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dymock and Pay both jumped ship ......remember
What would the relevance of that be. Players jump ship all the time and are generally well welcomed.
Foran jumped ship - oh bloody hell !, he can't play for the Bulldogs....

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My concern is about Pays health (physical and mental). He comes across as a nice bloke, and he was a brilliant player, but the fact is that not all players make good coaches.

He seems way out of his depth and I feel that the efforts this year are detrimental to his physical and mental health. He needs help badly else he's treading water in the middle of the ocean and going to drown.

It's on the board to notice that and get him help (not some mind coach bullshitter, but a decent coach to work alongside him with).

I'm not sure how you would be privy to the state of his physical and mental health, however, obviously a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach and my post didn't imply it did. I agree he needs assistance and perhaps a mind coach is singularly not the answer.
There are many reasons why people respect others, commonly they are intrinsic and stem from admiration and a host of things. This respect fundamentally should not change as a result of contemporary ups and downs. Respect held for each other in a marriage from the beginning would go down the gurgler every time the relationship went up or down. The analogy is simple. You can respect someone and question their approach and results at the same time. It's a shame this can't be done by some in a more constructive manner.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I think comparing a player swapping clubs today with the revolt that was the SuperLeague versus ARL war is ridiculous, where not just individual players moved but whole teams changed camps. To me there is no way I would class the decision by players to stick with the ARL in the same category as them simply moving from one team to another. There are plenty of other examples of similar splits, cricket and tennis being obvious examples. I mean no one picks on Rod Laver for deserting the Australian Davis Cup team when he turned professional.

Go Dogs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you should read my post again.
Your comment's premis is based on current circumstances.
My post referred to other items that implicitly deserved respect.
I have no prior knowledge or connection with Dean Pay so there is no history that affords him my respect.
Based on his role as head coach and how our team are regressing it's a fair call to say he's not capable of taking us down the yallah brick road .. In my eyes he's either bullshitted his arse off to get his hands on the coaches Money or he's delusional.. Both attributes are not really worthy of respect

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have no prior knowledge or connection with Dean Pay so there is no history that affords him my respect.
Based on his role as head coach and how our team are regressing it's a fair call to say he's not capable of taking us down the yallah brick road .. In my eyes he's either bullshitted his arse off to get his hands on the coaches Money or he's delusional.. Both attributes are not really worthy of respect
I'm in complete agreement. Dean was a great player for us. Left. Was a great player for the Eels. Left. Got experience with assistant coaching at other clubs and only because of the highly unusual circumstances of our club being trashed by Dib/Des/Rae and Dib being desperate in a vain attempt to get re-elected, did Pay get a chance as a first grade coach.

Probably wouldn't ever have happened with any other club other than Dogs or possibly Parra.

He has not made a great fist of it. Is biased and inconsistent in his selections. There is no sound basis for chopping, dropping and singling out the players he has.

Blind Freddy can work out who the best 17 were at the club when this sesson commenced..but not once has the best team been selected.

It was a tough first gig for him no doubt. Rumours told us others weren't interested. We don't know the truth of that. But we do know Dib rode on his coat tails to get back Bulldog dna.

Past reputation can only garner so much respect.

Dean is judged here and now on his team's performance as a coach. It seems so clear that if he used some better, obvious selections of the best players in their correct positions, coached and trained them with fg tactics, instilled some confidence, stuck with them, then we'd no doubt improve. Might not win because of the average roster but at least look like a fg team.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement. Dean was a great player for us. Left. Was a great player for the Eels. Left. Got experience with assistant coaching at other clubs and only because of the highly unusual circumstances of our club being trashed by Dib/Des/Rae and Dib being desperate in a vain attempt to get re-elected, did Pay get a chance as a first grade coach.

Probably wouldn't ever have happened with any other club other than Dogs or possibly Parra.

He has not made a great fist of it. Is biased and inconsistent in his selections. There is no sound basis for chopping, dropping and singling out the players he has.

Blind Freddy can work out who the best 17 were at the club when this sesson commenced..but not once has the best team been selected.

It was a tough first gig for him no doubt. Rumours told us others weren't interested. We don't know the truth of that. But we do know Dib rode on his coat tails to get back Bulldog dna.

Dean is judged here and now on his team's performance as a coach. It seems so clear that if he used some better, obvious selections of the best players in their correct positions, coached and trained them with fg tactics, instilled some confidence, stuck with them, then we'd no doubt improve. Might not win because of the average roster but at least look like a fg team.
Also wendog he promised loud and clear. We may not win half our games this year....
But every side would know they just played the canterbury bulldogs.
Hows that gone. No side even takes us seriously hence why we won on weekend.
We have become a joke to our opposition.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing Jimmy in Conulla colours while we have to put up with our clown Pay!

Seriously when will this nightmare end!
Oh NO!! another bring back Jimmy thread LOL move on FFS.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pay detractors on this Kennel are really starting to piss me off.

Pay was a highly aggressive old time Bulldog forward who successfully reached the heights
of footy. For that reason alone, Pay should be afforded a greater degree of respect.
He is the coach of our club, for better or worse, and we owe the man respect, at least for the position he holds.

Respect isn't a hard thing to remember given your giving and receiving it all day.

RESPECT OUR COACH !!!!!

If you're not happy, go to the Bulldog Football Club AGM and voice your vote. Take your membership with you
(not your ANZ membership number}. I think it only takes 3 years waiting before you can vote. I'm pretty sure this coach
issue will be long and buried by then. If you examined the Pay threads and responses in the Kennel you would probably
be aware that they total near 72m.

Regards,
I love them like you
I respect your passion for the club,and you are entitled to your views,but can you please tell all of us,who have put our opinions on dean pay forward on this forum,of any of our players who have improved or gone forward in our club,13 wins from 36 games,if it was the roosters Melbourne,he wouldn't have lasted 12 months,let alone given a 12 month extension,

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is there a whole thread on an assistant coach for another club who will never coach the dogs?
Yes hes a former player but i dont see why there is so many pages of nothing

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is there a whole thread on an assistant coach for another club who will never coach the dogs?
Yes hes a former player but i dont see why there is so many pages of nothing
Totally agree. Dymock was a great ex player but he has moved on to another team. I really cant see him being offered the coaching job back at the Dogs after missing out twice.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was any good he would coaching in FG by now, it’s been 8 years

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fantastic post. Very well put!!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News about Jimmy this morning about being a shock contender for the titans job