Team after the bye

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ
Okunbor (if he has finally learnt to catch)
Holland
Hoppa
Smith
Foran
Cogger
Tolman
JMK
Ogden
Jackson
CHN
Lewis

Napa
Sue
Elliott
To'maga

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbor needs to bide his time in Reserves til next year as far as I'm concerned.

He costed us far more points than he's provided.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis by far more effective than Cogger. Just no comparison. People here want to blame him for 2 kicks out on the fool and several losses in a team that JT or Cooper Cronk couldn’t of saved. Ease up you blokes. Watch the whole game and just momentarily drop your fixation with hating certain players and you may actually have an unprejudiced view of them. As poor as Lichaa has been this year, last week he was far better than Any of JMK’s performances this year and was very important in our teams performance. It is for this reason he deserves to retain his spot for next game. Likewise Hopas best position and most effective for the team is Fullback (Even one of the greatest Fullbacks of all time in Darren Lockyer firmly asserted this last week) and should be playing there.

Our best team moving forward which I say objectively without holding any prejudice views is:

1. Hopa
2. Okenbour
3. DWL
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Ogden
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Napa
15. Fualalo
16. Eliott
17. Sue

18. To’omaga/Smith
We all know what lichaa can do in defense, he has always been strong there. What did he do in attack on Sunday that was good?
He still had his usual stand up, 2 step pass. He still took wrong options from dummy half.
He still didn't look like making a break.
He is credited with a line break assist from a hospital ball, it was forans determination that got him through the line.
What did he do? I don't know what you guys are seeing in lichaa. He is just not a first grade player.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Since it's after June we can play development players I'm fairly certain.

In that case I'd be interested to see what Tui Katoa can do in the NRL... problem is he can still play Flegg so might be too young to promote.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okunbor needs to bide his time in Reserves til next year as far as I'm concerned.

He costed us far more points than he's provided.
Our seasons over might as well play him to get more NRL experience and games under his belt. I think we're going to need him moving forward as a starting player.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It has been my experience that some players benefit from early exposure to the intensity of playing at NRL level, they grow faster with the extra level of competition. Whilst others suffer badly from premature promotion, their confidence suffers and they revert to worse form than they would have had had worked on their game for longer in CC. A blanket decision, based on ladder position, to promote anyone/everyone with remote NRL possibilities is irresponsible, they need to be judged on a stand alone, individual by individual basis.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First proper halfback since Sherwin and he’s improving with every game(Cogger) and you want him dropped!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First proper halfback since Sherwin and he’s improving with every game(Cogger) and you want him dropped!!
I agree with your Cogger point, but regarding your first proper Halfback statement we did kinda have Kimmorley and Hodkinson... both NSW Halfbacks during their time at our club.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbor on the wing over Meaney everyday of the week. We need to know if Okunbor has a future as a starting NRL winger by the end of the season so we know where we stand come the start of 2020. Meaney needs to go back to reserve grade and work on his game so that he can come back next season and have a better crack of winning back the number 1 jersey. I think overall we would be stronger with DWZ in the centres & Meaney at fullback, but that's mainly due to our lack of options in the centres.

As for hooker, the way JMK played versus the Dragons and Roosters was better than anything Lichaa has done ever. If he is fit he should be handed his #9 jersey and told to keep runnning. JMK will be here next season, Lichaa wont and so JMK should be given preference.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have called Deano, I said...
Pick this team........or .....madness team L:tearsofjoy:L
1. DWZ...........................DWZ
2. Okunbor......................Okunbor
3. Harper / Lewis.............Harper
4. Hopoate......................Lewis
5. Smith..........................Smith
6. Foran..........................Hopoate
7. Cogger........................Foran
8. Tolman........................Tolman
9. Lichaa..........................Cogger
10. Ogden........................Napa
11. CHN...........................Elliott
12. Jackson......................CHN
13. Napa..........................Jackson

14. Wakeham...................Wakeham
15. To'omaga...................To'omaga
16. Sue............................Sue
17. Fualalo.......................Ogden
He Said...Have you gone mad ?:tearsofjoy:?:tearsofjoy:?

Banned
Reaction score
I have called Deano, I said...
Pick this team........or .....madness team L:tearsofjoy:L
1. DWZ...........................DWZ
2. Okunbor......................Okunbor
3. Harper / Lewis.............Harper
4. Hopoate......................Lewis
5. Smith..........................Smith
6. Foran..........................Hopoate
7. Cogger........................Foran
8. Tolman........................Tolman
9. Lichaa..........................Cogger
10. Ogden........................Napa
11. CHN...........................Elliott
12. Jackson......................CHN
13. Napa..........................Jackson

14. Wakeham...................Wakeham
15. To'omaga...................To'omaga
16. Sue............................Sue
17. Fualalo.......................Ogden
He Said...Have you gone mad ?:tearsofjoy:?:tearsofjoy:?
Should invite him to join up here if not already.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not called 2nd year syndrome for nothing. The opposition have studied him all off season, hundreds of hours of video watching, learning his plays, what signals he gives away, what foot he steps off, etc. Can't get away with the same stuff in year 2 as you did in year 1. The good players bounce back, learn new tricks, especially halves, develop their game so that what the opposition studied is old news. This is the test year for Lewis and it's unfortunate that he got injured, that interrupts the journey.

Go Dogs
That explains why Cam Smith only ever had 1 good year then I guess, or Thurston or Cronk or Inglis. They all suffered 2nd Year syndrome didnt they!!!. I give you the tip...teams DIDNT spend the offseason studying us. We were also rans last year, predicted to come last this year, so why waste time studying us?
For Lewis I point to a lack of a cohesive game plan from the coach, injuries to him and Foran, the lack of talent around him with whom hed developed combinations, players playing on the wrong side of the ruck, and all the losses shatters confidence. 2nd year syndrome my ass.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is a first grader. In which position though is a different matter.
That is the job of a coach. To get feelers and implement techniques to get the best out of that player in the position that best suits him.
Too bad we don’t have that kind of coach

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That explains why Cam Smith only ever had 1 good year then I guess, or Thurston or Cronk or Inglis. They all suffered 2nd Year syndrome didnt they!!!. I give you the tip...teams DIDNT spend the offseason studying us. We were also rans last year, predicted to come last this year, so why waste time studying us?
For Lewis I point to a lack of a cohesive game plan from the coach, injuries to him and Foran, the lack of talent around him with whom hed developed combinations, players playing on the wrong side of the ruck, and all the losses shatters confidence. 2nd year syndrome my ass.
Did you only read the first line of the post? Missed the bit noting that “the good players bounce back”? Unless of course you consider Smith not to be a good player. All teams study their opposition, which increases in intensity leading up to when they play each other. Reference John Morris’s post match interview where he speaks to running multiple videos of our players individually before the game. Position on the ladder is irrelevant, they study everyone they play, yes even us.

Go Dogs