Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do you really think Hill has gone to Pay and said "I won't be here next week mate I'm heading over to England to sign your replacement!"

Things like this can change in a second there's no use releasing Pay until all the ducks are in a row.
Chances are if Hill isn't there he's going to know his times up.

Holbrook and Adam O'Brien OR Holbrook and Demetriou would be an amazing combination. Maybe keep Stevie G to keep NabFab happy.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Hill is there to offer Pay, Licha and a couple of others as a bargain bundle for Holbrook as a mid season deal?
Would prefer Holbrook and our apparent "coach wisperer" over Flanagan, Barrett, Toovey, Griffin et al...
At least he has some Bulldog DNA and with the right support staff in place would be a perfect option for the rebuild and a beyond.
I honestly dont see those other coaches staying long term for any other allegience than the pay check.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Hill is there to offer Pay, Licha and a couple of others as a bargain bundle for Holbrook as a mid season deal?
Would prefer Holbrook and our apparent "coach wisperer" over Flanagan, Barrett, Toovey, Griffin et al...
At least he has some Bulldog DNA and with the right support staff in place would be a perfect option for the rebuild and a beyond.
I honestly dont see those other coaches staying long term for any other allegience than the pay check.
This coach Whisperer.. U reckon its Chris Anderson lol.. How about Gould?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This coach Whisperer.. U reckon its Chris Anderson lol.. How about Gould?
I think I know who the coach whisperer is....
He is from Melb....
He is ......

WHISPERING JACK!!

upload_2019-7-3_21-30-3.png

So Dean... looks like you got yourself into some trouble tonight... guess now you're feeling blue. But it's just one link in a chain reaction. But you've got to speak up Dean.. you're the voice try and understand it make a point and make it clear Woooahhhh oo woaaaaahh

Now where was I ... Just tell the fans that "There's no ghost from the past, that we can't shake, Have a little faith in us. There's no history that we can't remake Have a little faith in us.. For all we know the best is yet to come".. if you can do that and use your voice it'll take the pressure down.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Think there may be a few each providing their input.
Jack is one, I believe Joachim Loew has been flown in from Germany as well.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He seems to have done a pretty good apprenticeship. am i right in saying he worked as an assistant at the roosters under robinson (another untried nrl coach who learnt his trade in the SL)? It would also surely be a big advantage in luring over english talent such as luke thompson. definately not against the idea
Dean Pay did his apprenticeship under Bellamy hows that going??

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this is true why not release Pay first? No use having a coach at the club who knows his time is numbered.

I almost expect an article by Rothfield/Weidler/Mole before close of business today "EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Hill heads to England to headhunt Justin Holbrook".
I read it on the Bulldogs Facebook page so it must be true. Haha

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dean Pay did his apprenticeship under Bellamy hows thst going??
Difference is that it isn't Holbrooks greatest achievement like Pay. Pay had fuck all experience managing a side at senior level and his only claim was coaching kids and following Stuart around as his assistant. Holbrook actually has some senior experience managing a side, previously worked at the club in the lower grades and has spent some time working under different coaches at different clubs.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...
How about Fitler & Cartwright :confused:
They might attract some supper stars ???

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Difference is that it isn't Holbrooks greatest achievement like Pay. Pay had fuck all experience managing a side at senior level and his only claim was coaching kids and following Stuart around as his assistant. Holbrook actually has some senior experience managing a side, previously worked at the club in the lower grades and has spent some time working under different coaches at different clubs.
I did like Holbrook as a coach when he was with us.
Well he did take our Nsw cup team to 3 premierships in row does help as well.

Last edited:

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...
How about Fitler & Cartwright :confused:
They might attract some supper stars ???
Could work as one is a space cadet while the other one is an astronaut