Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And that’s why your a tosser! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
100%

Waited soo long to say that to you lol!! Timing couldn’t of been better sorry :tongueclosed:
I'm a virgin so I don't toss or have secks

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If this is true why not release Pay first? No use having a coach at the club who knows his time is numbered.

I almost expect an article by Rothfield/Weidler/Mole before close of business today "EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Hill heads to England to headhunt Justin Holbrook".

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think your win loss record would be greatly affected by the team you take on, were St Helens in the same state the Dogs are in when he took over? or did he start with a good side?
They're a powerhouse club regardless of who is coaching but to put it into perspective, Keiron Cunnigham was coaching them in 2016 and halfway through 2017.

In 2016 their record was 14-10 in the ESL and in 2017 they were struggling having lost more than they'd won for half the season before Holbrook took over. They ended up 4th and losing in the semis. Since then they've dominated. They were struggling by their standards and mediocre before he got there and have been the team to beat ever since.

@AlphaPapaBravo and a few others are the ones to ask. They watch a lot more Super League than me and would know more.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think pays issue is he should of done a head coaching role in the uk first this somewhat gives me a little more confidence in Holbrook

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@SweetFA - Can you get Hill to bring me back a away Liverpool jersey, preferably a matchworn jersey

@TwinTurbo - Im surprised you have not chimed in on this topic?! R U OK?
I think he's still in shock that Pay may be fired. According to him Pay is doing well and nothing needs to change.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is true why not release Pay first? No use having a coach at the club who knows his time is numbered.

I almost expect an article by Rothfield/Weidler/Mole before close of business today "EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Hill heads to England to headhunt Justin Holbrook".
Do you really think Hill has gone to Pay and said "I won't be here next week mate I'm heading over to England to sign your replacement!"

Things like this can change in a second there's no use releasing Pay until all the ducks are in a row.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I almost expect an article by Rothfield/Weidler/Mole before close of business today "EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Hill heads to England to headhunt Justin Holbrook".
Almost guaranteed Ch9 and DT is ringing every UK contact they have trying to verify the story.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign a premiership coach or a young coach who hasn't coached in the nrl, but has experience coaching, to sign assistant coaches is suicide

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you really think Hill has gone to Pay and said "I won't be here next week mate I'm heading over to England to sign your replacement!"

Things like this can change in a second there's no use releasing Pay until all the ducks are in a row.
IN saying that Pay is probably begging for an assistant role.. :tongueclosed:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B860266B-9281-4C14-B000-EA1AA094D2BA.jpeg I have photo proof who is gonna be our coach

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook’s contract with St Helens expires at the end of the season, but he has admitted that he has no plans to return home in 2020.

The Australian arrived at Saints midway through the 2017 season and guided them to League Leaders’ Shield success last season.

Holbrook’s side sit top of the Super League table after 11 games in 2019, having won 10 matches so far.

When asked about his future at St Helens beyond this season, Holbrook replied: “I haven’t got any plans to [leave].

“I’ve had a chat to the chairman [Eamonn McManus] and we both agreed that because it’s the busy Easter period that we will have a chat next month, so I’m happy with that and he’s happy with that.

“I’m obviously enjoying it here, it’s a great club and I love the playing group. I’ve enjoyed it since I got here so we will see what happens.”

A hat-trick from Regan Grace helped Saints beat arch rivals Wigan 36-10 at the DW Stadium in the traditional Good Friday derby.

And Holbrook reckons Wales internationals Grace and Morgan Knowles are in with a shot of making the Great Britain squad this autumn.

He added: “Regan is such a good player to watch run with the ball.

“He is exciting, he is quick and he scored a great try in the second half. He’s definitely capable [of playing for Great Britain] but there are so many good wingers available. It’s only early in the season but he is more than capable.

“For me, Morgan is the most underrated player in Super League. He is not underrated in our side because of how much we value him but when you talk about Great Britain tours, he is the first player I’d pick – he is that good.

“He has worked so hard from the start of pre-season and he is a pleasure to coach. Our whole forward pack is playing really well and he is a big part of that.”

Holbrook revealed Mark Percival (hamstring) and Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook (knee) are facing lengthy spells on the sidelines, but Theo Fages could return from a hip injury against Hull FC on Monday.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Almost guaranteed Ch9 and DT is ringing every UK contact they have trying to verify the story.
I think you're giving them too much credit, I doubt they'd bother to do actual fact checking.