If we lose this bloke should never ever EVER play SOO

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce and Origin deciders don’t go well together

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet that doesn’t stop the fact he does absolutely nothing on the field, Maloney and the backs have won last series and hopefully this one as well.

We looked more deadly with Graham in the halves, that’s saying something.

He’s Freddie’s godson or whatever but everyone needs to get off the kids dick until he does achieves something.
Where did I say any of that?

All I said is that he has won more SOO's than Pearce. Cleary 1 from 1, Pearce 0 from 17.

Pearce is so far from the answer with his history at SOO level that I would prefer Sterling to come out of retirement and play before Pearce ever plays for NSW again.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why he changed a halves combination in graham and Maloney that fucking tore us to pieces in game two!! Well it either be a master stroke or the end of Freddy’s origin coaching career

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07...d-to-nsw-blues-state-of-origin-squad/11275276

New South Wales Blues recall Mitchell Pearce for State of Origin III against Queensland
Posted about an hour ago

PHOTO: Mitchell Pearce will replace Nathan Cleary at half-back for the Blues in State of Origin III. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts)
RELATED STORY: Cleary and Sims both named for NSW but Maroons without Ponga for Origin III
RELATED STORY: New South Wales beats Queensland 38-6 to set up State of Origin decider
Mitchell Pearce has been the butt of jokes when it comes to State of Origin but the veteran half-back will get a chance of redemption with New South Wales after Nathan Cleary was ruled out of game three because of injury.

Pearce has never been a member of a series-winning squad in seven attempts and he was recalled to the Blues squad on Wednesday when Cleary failed to recover from an ankle injury he sustained in Origin II.

The 30-year-old will team up with former Sydney Roosters teammate James Maloney in the series decider in Sydney on July 10, ending his two-year exile from the squad as the Blues attempt to win back-to-back titles for the first time since 2005.

Pearce was savaged in the court of public opinion during the Queensland reign of dominance from 2006 onwards for his inability to secure a series win.

After debuting in Origin at 19 when he was hailed as the future of the Blues, he was a part of losing sides in 2008, 2010-13, 2015 and 2017.

PHOTO: Mitchell Pearce (left) last played State of Origin in the 2017 series. (AAP: Dave Hunt)

Since 2006, the Blues have won just two series — in 2014 and 2018 — with Pearce left out both years.

During the Maroons' game three victory in 2017, Queensland great Johnathan Thurston famously joked Pearce should get a photo with the Wally Lewis statue outside Lang Park in Brisbane because that would be "the closest he's going to get to holding the [Origin] shield".

Pearce was in consideration for the opening two matches of the series but was forced to step aside because of groin injuries.

Cleary on Wednesday ran for the first time since going down in Origin II, watched on by Blues medical staff.

It was initially feared he had suffered a syndesmosis injury, but was diagnosed with a high-grade anterior ligament tear and is expected to miss up to four weeks.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course I will be cheering NSW on but if we lose, I worry about Pearce's mental health... close to 20 games for NSW, the most by any NSWelshman at halfback, across 8(?) series for no series victories

you almost do not want to pick him because of that

pity Keary was not fit as he should have come in at 6 with Maloney running the show at 7

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grats QLD on another series win , seriously we would have a better chance having Lichaa as half back then the proven origin dud

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol this is exactly the tonic QLD needed. Put your house on them.

Pearce is mentally shattered in this arena. QLD will be at him all night. The pressure this poor bloke is now under is unimaginable.

Even from the interviews I've seen with him regarding origin - you can tell he's sheepish about the whole thing, zero conviction in anything he says about it. You can just tell he doesn't wanna be thrown in.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol this is exactly the tonic QLD needed. Put your house on them.

Pearce is mentally shattered in this arena. QLD will be at him all night. The pressure this poor bloke is now under is unimaginable.

Even from the interviews I've seen with him regarding origin - you can tell he's sheepish about the whole thing, zero conviction in anything he says about it. You can just tell he doesn't wanna be thrown in.
Horse lol?

You like optimism and you are as optimistic as the next person.. so for giving me soo many, here’s another for you bud !!

Two can play that game ;)

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
QLD fans mood upon hearing the good news..

qld-fans-17071244nh2.jpg

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You just cannot get any dumber than Walters picking Mbye for all three games.

Brad Fittler - hold my beer

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
En brand from last year, perhaps Pearce will be named player of the series?!

:tearsofjoy:8-)

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce is too much off a risk in origin. Not an origin player. Queensland will pounce on his game. Overrated.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't get big headed and try and run the team. I hope the guy does well. Surely he will finally get the win, QLDs team is shit house lol.