Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To those doubting Holbrook's credentials, hes worked at the club before in the lower grades and has a 59-15 record as coach of St. Helen's, which is 80%. Obviously the NRL is tougher but Holbrook couldn't have done a better job thus far.

Other coaches with NRL experience that would be options aside from Flanagan (who is still banned and comes with baggage and a microscope) have all been fired from multiple clubs and most of them for good reason.

Don't let the Pay debacle put you off the notion of another coach without NRL experience. Pay had no head coaching experience aside from the NSW 20's or Bush footy. Holbrook has coached the biggest club in England and they've dominated since. He coaches ex NRL players and internationals which doesn't count for nothing. It's still professional football. He's no rookie... It's a matter of when, not if Holbrook gets an NRL job. Hopefully it's with this club and not another one...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To those doubting Holbrook's credentials, hes worked at the club before in the lower grades and has a 59-15 record as coach of St. Helen's, which is 80%. Obviously the NRL is tougher but Holbrook couldn't have done a better job thus far.

Other coaches with NRL experience that would be options aside from Flanagan (who is still banned and comes with baggage and a microscope) have all been fired from multiple clubs and most of them for good reason.

Don't let the Pay debacle put you off the notion of another coach without NRL experience. Pay had no head coaching experience aside from the NSW 20's or Bush footy. Holbrook has coached the biggest club in England and they've dominated since. He coaches ex NRL players and internationals which doesn't count for nothing. It's still professional football. He's no rookie... It's a matter of when, not if Holbrook gets an NRL job. Hopefully it's with this club and not another one...
Now that’s the truth !!!

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

To be honest I really dont follow Super League so I am unaware of Holbrook. Thanks for this info. I hope we do go after him .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if he's the answer. But he's got a good record with the sides he's coached. It's all just rumour still though. Even if Hill is in the UK he might be there to speak with potential signings. Maybe he's over there to kill two birds with one stone, chasing a coach and recruiting players. Perhaps he went over there to help Rhyse Martin carry his bags.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to have done a pretty good apprenticeship. am i right in saying he worked as an assistant at the roosters under robinson (another untried nrl coach who learnt his trade in the SL)? It would also surely be a big advantage in luring over english talent such as luke thompson. definately not against the idea

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's easily the best option without NRL experience available imo, wanted him when Des was given the arse. Pls someone else come in and support this @Big M @dogwhisperer @MasterP anyone, I'mfucking desperate :tearsofjoy:
Mate you don' need those 3 to confirm the fact. SweetFA is a very clever person and well informed participant on TK.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Bang on. Look how shit we were in 2013 when we lost Barba... Holbrook reinvented his side this season and I don't see them losing in the GF

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He seems to have done a pretty good apprenticeship. am i right in saying he worked as an assistant at the roosters under robinson (another untried nrl coach who learnt his trade in the SL)? It would also surely be a big advantage in luring over english talent such as luke thompson. definately not against the idea
Pretty sure he won 3 NSW Cup premierships with Bulldogs feeder Bankstown Sports, then went to Roosters alongside Robinson, and then off to St Helens.

Decent resume if you ask me.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really hope this happens.

I think Sunday's game shows the players aren't as shit as the Pay lovers make out and with a decent coach we could certainly be doing better than last on the ladder.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I need as many confirmations as possible to maintain my erection.
And that’s why your a tosser! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
100%

Waited soo long to say that to you lol!! Timing couldn’t of been better sorry :tongueclosed:

Last edited:

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think your win loss record would be greatly affected by the team you take on, were St Helens in the same state the Dogs are in when he took over? or did he start with a good side?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate, why did you show the stats to us desperate fans? Thats like showing kfc ads to starving people. Just shut up and take our money!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook after Flanagan is the next best option so I hope it’s true