Solar power

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone in the group in the know with solar? im about to go solar on the house any information on suppliers ,best panels or best inverters would be appreciated

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't go cheap shit!

Telsa Powerbanks are meant to be really good.
I’m getting that done in my next property. I have solar in mine now, I pay $140-$150 a qtr. Used the German gear

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have solar panels at the current place we're staying and they're crap. Our Energy provider contacts us all the time saying they think they're switched off, but we had them looked at. They're just crap.

As Mr I said. Don't go cheap or you end up with wasted energy.

Whirlpool has some good information on Solar

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/143?g=371

A friend in Queensland has a decent Solar panel setup and basically doesn't pay for electricity. His bill often shows him in profit. No idea how he does it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Summer 2018 our power bill was slashed from $198 to $104 - highly recommend it. 12 panels cost us $4000 to install. If you have something around that mark, you may be onto something.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, got German, but a few panels had to get replaced due to the 'worm' disease.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Summer 2018 our power bill was slashed from $198 to $104 - highly recommend it. 12 panels cost us $4000 to install. If you have something around that mark, you may be onto something.
How many kw system do you have wahesh

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many kw system do you have wahesh
Sounds like a 3-3.6kw system most panels were 250 now their 300w so 12 panels x blah blah blah equals dam this crap is boring , they say you can use up to 6.6kw if on grid if offgrid whatever you can afford then battery is around 12,000 complete with 6.6kw of panels plus a gov rebate 4,500 plus feed in tarrif blah blah blah

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Solar quotes is the best place to start.

People to block because there dodgy are:
Euro Solar (Change their name to Arise)

Arise Solar

ADS Solar

More Green Energy

Solar Power Nation (Recently changed their name to Wind Power Technology)

Wind Power Technology Pty Ltd

I thought the Telco industry was f##ked, the solar industry is worse, if you get a quote from someone through solarquotes.com.au you'll be fine.

also if your on facebook request to join Crap solar, you'll see the rubbish some companies are installing.

Also if your in a townhouse or villa you'll need permission from Strata as they will need to change the bylaws (at your cost) to allow you to get it and also remove your part of the roof from common property

Not all, but pretty much any Advertisement you see on Facebook, or anywhere is a red flag to stay away from them, their name in the business is really bad (and they are shonky)

Some companies will have in their terms that you need to clean your panels annually or your warranty is void.

When you do choose a provider, you must stress that the isolator is to be installed in your garage or outside your home under cover, not on the roof.

They are plastic and corrode over time, plus if the panels are on fire, and the isolator is in the garage it’s easier to get to, to shut it off.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone in the group in the know with solar? im about to go solar on the house any information on suppliers ,best panels or best inverters would be appreciated
How’d you go with your search Kungfuman?

As another poster mentioned - the solar market is an absolute minefield. Cowboys everywhere

After a fair bit of research I landed on a 6.6kw system which was just installed this morning. I’ve gone with a Fronius Primo 5.0 inverter and 20 x 330w Seraphim Blade mono panels.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have solar panels at the current place we're staying and they're crap. Our Energy provider contacts us all the time saying they think they're switched off, but we had them looked at. They're just crap.

As Mr I said. Don't go cheap or you end up with wasted energy.

Whirlpool has some good information on Solar

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/143?g=371

A friend in Queensland has a decent Solar panel setup and basically doesn't pay for electricity. His bill often shows him in profit. No idea how he does it.
The state government here introduced a crazy feed in tariff a few years ago. Something like 50c/kwh. A colleague of mine has a 4 bedroom home and a pool and still gets a refund each quarter.

The tariff has dropped a fair bit since then, but a friend of mine has recently installed it and doesn't shut up about it. He has this app on his phone that tells him how efficient his system is working and when he should be running his dishwasher etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I have solar ads all over my computer.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Solar quotes is the best place to start.

People to block because there dodgy are:
Euro Solar (Change their name to Arise)

Arise Solar

ADS Solar

More Green Energy

Solar Power Nation (Recently changed their name to Wind Power Technology)

Wind Power Technology Pty Ltd

I thought the Telco industry was f##ked, the solar industry is worse, if you get a quote from someone through solarquotes.com.au you'll be fine.

also if your on facebook request to join Crap solar, you'll see the rubbish some companies are installing.

Also if your in a townhouse or villa you'll need permission from Strata as they will need to change the bylaws (at your cost) to allow you to get it and also remove your part of the roof from common property

Not all, but pretty much any Advertisement you see on Facebook, or anywhere is a red flag to stay away from them, their name in the business is really bad (and they are shonky)

Some companies will have in their terms that you need to clean your panels annually or your warranty is void.

When you do choose a provider, you must stress that the isolator is to be installed in your garage or outside your home under cover, not on the roof.

They are plastic and corrode over time, plus if the panels are on fire, and the isolator is in the garage it’s easier to get to, to shut it off.
BTW, thank for that info.

We have just moved into a new place, and are cash flow poor from all the associated costs of moving, so i think getting solar will have to wait another year - but maybe receiving my first bill at this place might change my mind (new place is much larger and has a pool).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don’t they just install solar panels standard to the roof of every new dwelling built?
Stop putting up metal and ceramic roofing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a quote from Solargain as they were recommended by a friend, good quote, not going ahead with it as something else has since come up.