Other News Source The Consolidated Trbojevic Brothers Thread

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can never see them leaving but then would Manly be able to tie 3 million from the cap on 3 players (including DCE)?

Also I never understood why NRL players would take a paycut to stay loyal to a team, compared to most sports the NRL players don't earn a fraction of what other capped sports do such as the NBA, you also only really have 10-12 years in the NRL compared to other sports were players play till their late 30s. Loyalty in sports is usually a one way street.
Its not really loyalty, its more the player wanting to win a premiership. This is how the broncos won so many according to Wayne Bennett if you're to believe they weren't rorting the cap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People seem to want instant success. Well its not going to happen right now.
The club is being proactive in securing players and will continue to do so.
There will be little success with the talent we now have.
Theres not another coach in existence who could improve this lot.
The club is improving since Steve Antonelli has had input, and will continue to improve.
Could you further detail and explain Antonelli's role atm.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get them to convert to Islam
Then offer reserved parking at the Lakemba mosque.
Offer their WAGS discount vouchers for banskstown square.
And life membership at Canterbury hurlstone park RSL

And watch em come running

Banned
Reaction score
Offer a contract for the three of them.
Offer Des a trade deal to reunite with Foran, Tolman, Elliot, Hoppa, Lichaa to subsidise the price.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its not really loyalty, its more the player wanting to win a premiership. This is how the broncos won so many according to Wayne Bennett if you're to believe they weren't rorting the cap.
I think if they are smart they should leave Manly when their deals are up, with DCE on 1.3 mill for the next 5 years the Trbos would have to take a significant paycut to leave room for anyone else to join and help them win, with their current roster they are a top 5-8 team but I can't see them ever winning anything.

I honestly believe that we will be a interesting proposition for a star to join in 2021, by then we won't be locked into any bad contracts and we will have the ability to shape a whole roster around a star/s, someone like Latrell or Tommy Trbo could come here and earn their million dollar contract whilst also having a team built to complement them. Might be an interesting proposition for coaches too, not too many times will a coach have almost a whole cap to work with.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the dogs are actually allowed to dangle the golden carrot in front of them they will change their minds.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The big piece of the puzzle is the Coach. Go back a few years ago you never heard of it being part of the decision however in recent times it is mentioned as a huge factor and fair enough to a point. What it comes down to other than $$$ is whether the Coach at a club is a realistic chance of taking the team to a winning GF. IMO Pay must be replaced before this NOV 1st so we can start to approach selected players with the full picture. For example; Turbo boys, we have a package deal of 2.2 mil for you guys and our Coach will be Holbrook. We have the best facilties in the competition already and we are going to assemble a team around you guys with a war chest not seen for decades and we want you to lead us back to our rightfull place.....

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We need to sign these boys. Andersons & Hill need to find a way to move heaven and Fuckin earth to lure them to Belmore. They owe us that!!

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they sign one of the brothers i will be amazed...

Can you imagine the shit Hasler would be spinning to them about coming to Belmore?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listened to Gus’s podcast today and when talking about the turbo bros he kept making the same point over and over. “A club that that is really struggling could start a complete rebuild around these two players” l found that interesting
Gus loves us I reckon he may have a spot with us , it’s kinda a puzzle you see the DwZ mentoring then on the big sports breakfast you hear him saying if there’s one club that won’t stay down for long it’s the bulldogs to financially
Secure and one of the most scuessfuk clubs going around so I reckon there would be something to it

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus loves us I reckon he may have a spot with us , it’s kinda a puzzle you see the DwZ mentoring then on the big sports breakfast you hear him saying if there’s one club that won’t stay down for long it’s the bulldogs to financially
Secure and one of the most scuessfuk clubs going around so I reckon there would be something to it
I hope so I am not a massive fan of Gus but he knows the game inside out and he is the type of bloke we need involved with the club to attract REAL talent

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listened to Gus’s podcast today and when talking about the turbo bros he kept making the same point over and over. “A club that that is really struggling could start a complete rebuild around these two players” l found that interesting
And i reckon John Cartwright should be the coach of the bulldogs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets face it...We will be paying overs for any player we approach regardless, Unless we sign a coach that would be a magnet !!!
We need to build the SPINE 1 , 6, 7, 9.
We need a prop and possibly a center.
Some overpaid players will have to take pay cuts
We will have to sacrifice some players in order to achieve a well balanced team !
Then...and only then we can afford everyone we need !!!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake is my favourite player, yeah i know a manly player,can only respect they way he goes about on and off the field.
Come november 1 do what you gotta do to get all 3 brothers in the blue n white!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By ATM do you mean "At the Moment" or "Arse to Mouth", because either could fit into that sentence @wendog33 :D
Lol I meant at the moment cos poster was intimating his role had been enhanced or changed in some way recently.

Apart from that post mentioning Antonelli, I hadn't realised he was still here to any extent and was interested to hear how he would fit into the coaching jig saw puzzle atm.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will personally lick their toes clean if they join.
Lynne, if you’re reading this, throw it in the contract if it helps. You have my word
I’ll take one foot ....only fair we share the burden