Other News Source The Consolidated Trbojevic Brothers Thread

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we offer the Turbo brothers a combined $2.3m a season and offer Hasler $1.2m a season, who comes running to Belmore?
I know the above is an example but word is they're already on about $1.5m between them. That gives you an idea of what type of money we'd need to be offering.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck we can dream. I’d jizz

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to have these guys at Belmore great players great blokes but I doubt it will happen. Even if we try & push up their price so Manly keeps them it's still a win/win situation

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say we are a very small chance. The manager is just using us to bump up the price.

And we're facing the king of back loaded contracts. DCE is coming close to the end of his contract and 30 years old, Hasler will just pay the turbos more in the later years of their contracts.
Doesn’t the player manager get a percentage of their players’ contracts and would go with the highest bidder, not only for his player but for himself too?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
True, I’d love to snake aiden fonau Blake with these boys haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With Dud Pay as coach, we have...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t the player manager get a percentage of their players’ contracts and would go with the highest bidder, not only for his player but for himself too?
The mimis group of agents are renown for either keeping the player at their existing club or sending them to st George....rarely do they do a deal at the dogs...case in point foran...He finally left sfx sports and we finally nabbed him...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The player managers definitely get a %.

Depends on the player and manager, some players would be easy to sway and the manager will guide them to their benefit, others like the turbo brothers might take as bit less to stay loyal to Manly.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The player managers definitely get a %.

Depends on the player and manager, some players would be easy to sway and the manager will guide them to their benefit, others like the turbo brothers might take as bit less to stay loyal to Manly.
Tend to agree mate, would be nice to imagine them both in the blue an white though :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They aren't coming to us, you can bet your bottom dollar on that sadly.

If they do leave manly, which is highly unlikely they will have their pick of pretty much any club in the game but will end up at the rooters or souffs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They aren't coming to us, you can bet your bottom dollar on that sadly.

If they do leave manly, which is highly unlikely they will have their pick of pretty much any club in the game but will end up at the rooters or souffs
Well for 2.2 million they will cost. We will take the eyes out of roosters and souths best. Whatever happens there will be a flow on effect.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd say we are a very small chance. The manager is just using us to bump up the price.

And we're facing the king of back loaded contracts. DCE is coming close to the end of his contract and 30 years old, Hasler will just pay the turbos more in the later years of their contracts.
Taupau will get punted to before turbos are any chance of walking

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, offer them mega deals that will blow Manly out of the water, build the club around these 2,we have the cash let's spend it wisely
I agree we should have a big crack at them

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only reason I reckon they would leave is if they were going to be separated , they still live together .. so it’s almost like they have been playing together for years, Gould would have good words about us to them too, let’s hope it happens . Exciting times we are due for some big signings considering all the ones we missed out on and also the fact players like sbw and Klemmer left us for other clubs
I listened to Gus’s podcast today and when talking about the turbo bros he kept making the same point over and over. “A club that that is really struggling could start a complete rebuild around these two players” l found that interesting

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I listened to Gus’s podcast today and when talking about the turbo bros he kept making the same point over and over. “A club that that is really struggling could start a complete rebuild around these two players” l found that interesting
I have this eerie feeling he's helping our club off the books. Bennett is another guy whose done that before with players.

The mimis group of agents are renown for either keeping the player at their existing club or sending them to st George....rarely do they do a deal at the dogs...case in point foran...He finally left sfx sports and we finally nabbed him...
They act for Whacker Ogden and CHN. If they had a decent coach we could have got them to chuck them in on a package deal.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
who would argue against these signings, however in every case, we have stuff going against us... location not great (takes a while to get there each day from wherever a player might live), coach questions, unstable administration, we have a negative reputation etc... any signing will always be harder for us... the one aaving grace we have is $ but the rest means we pay overs...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
who would argue against these signings, however in every case, we have stuff going against us... location not great (takes a while to get there each day from wherever a player might live), coach questions, unstable administration, we have a negative reputation etc... any signing will always be harder for us... the one aaving grace we have is $ but the rest means we pay overs...
Circa a million dollars per year and Captain tag for Jake would make Belmore look like Paradise

End of the day these boys career is 8 years if lucky on average

Money talks

We will have a war chest

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Steve Antonelli has been giving input all year and we've got sweet fuck all return.

If you knew what was going on with our recruitment (or lack thereof) at the moment you'd play a completely different tune.
Maybe I know more than you do or ever will.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is an interview of Tom talking about how he wouldn't watch any footage of origin because of how much video sessions he gets with Des and how he hates it.