News Kieran Foran Cleared of Serious Injury

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
simple question is.. has Forans signing been worth the money ??? any answer other than NO, is full of sh!t..
The worst thing about signing Foran was loosing Tedesco after agreeing to join us, because Hitler Hasler refused to sign Moses !!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of similarities between SJ at the Sharks and KF at the Dogs. Both 28, both heavily relied on to deliver for their sides, both cop injuries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I see a lot of similarities between SJ at the Sharks and KF at the Dogs. Both 28, both heavily relied on to deliver for their sides, both cop injuries.
Not really. Sharks have about a million ball players, we have one.

Reaction score
We're paying him $1M a year! He played all of 20min last week! Christ, how low have our standards dropped here at the Bulldogs!?

I saw enough last week and all weeks leading up that he cannot handle a full game of NRL without his body cracking.
he won the game for us in those 20 mins lol.

no doubt he's busted and waaaaayyy overpaid, but without him we got nothing in attack

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Foran is our best player, however with his price tag you can't afford to have him play half a season, its too disruptive. Once we free up the cash we have put into him we can sign a real marquee (and hopefully durable) player.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares how much money he is taking up.... name a similar calibre and experienced player, who is available, for the same price.

Stop and think for a moment... Ash Taylor is on the same money as Foran....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares how much money he is taking up.... name a similar calibre and experienced player, who is available, for the same price.

Yeah who cares if we are wasting 10% of the cap it’s not like it’s a important thing is it. Getting value for money is pivotal to getting the cap right and due to injuries Foran is far from value for money. Paying Ash Taylor a million is terrible cap management too I’m not sure what your point is on that?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah who cares if we are wasting 10% of the cap it’s not like it’s a important thing is it. Getting value for money is pivotal to getting the cap right and due to injuries Foran is far from value for money. Paying Ash Taylor a million is terrible cap management too I’m not sure what your point is on that?
My point is .... there aren't many halves in the comp as capable and good as Foran at the moment... who are available.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
foran has been a very good player and a very expensive one, but hes become more of a liability then an asset, hes been outstanding when on the field for us and we need him on there every round , sadly injuries are slowing him down to the point hes now a day to day proposition, i wish him all the best but would rather him retire before hes forced to retire

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My point is .... there aren't many halves in the comp as capable and good as Foran at the moment... who are available.
When is Foran available though? He’s only played half of games while he’s been at the Dogs.

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score

Obviously the previous board couldn't give two hoots......

Stop and think for a moment.... Kieran Foran is on more money than Cameron Munster, Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, James Tedesco, Tom Trbojevic, Luke Keary, Kalyn Ponga, James Maloney, Damien Cook, Ben Hunt, Jason Taumalolo, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Adam Reynolds, Blake Green, Corey Norman, Mitchell Moses, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Josh Hodgson, Gareth Widdop, Chad Townsend, Shaun Johnson, Matthew Moylan, Nathan Cleary

Foran is also on more money than Ash Taylor, but could you kindly refresh my mind on where the Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs are currently positioned on the NRL ladder?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's not really the point... I'm talking here and now. Lets say the club goes "right clearly you aren't working out, move on Foran"... who is out there on the open market that we can replace him with?

Cronk might consider another season but he's easily asking the same price as Foran.

Foran is hardly the issue at the moment... the coach and his favourites are.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not really the point... I'm talking here and now. Lets say the club goes "right clearly you aren't working out, move on Foran"... who is out there on the open market that we can replace him with?

Cronk might consider another season but he's easily asking the same price as Foran.

Foran is hardly the issue at the moment... the coach and his favourites are.
You don’t replace him like for like you use the money to strengthen the squad. If we could get rid of Foran tomorrow I’d do it in a heartbeat. It’s not to do with his talent it’s his availability and reliability which just isn’t there.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No we'd be in a position never mentioned before in rugby league circles so ffen far last the whole team would disappear into another dimension, hang on they might yet!
You do realise the Knights once won only a game all season this decade

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premiership winning coach Anderson says Foran not worth the risk

WRITTEN BYSPORTAL

@sportalau

Premiership winning coach Chris Anderson says the Bulldogs have made a massive mistake signing Kieran Foran.

After a disappointing season with the Warriors, Foran signed a three-year-deal with Canterbury, starting next season.

Anderson, who won premierships with the Bulldogs and Storm, says the risk is too great for his old side.

"I think he's a tremendous footballer," he told Seven News.

"But I don't think he's a great investment."

"He's had four clubs in four years - it'd be hard to be confident about that investment."

Anderson continued, saying he hasn't been impressed by current coach Des Hasler.

"It hasn't been pleasant for the last couple of years," he said.

"The players look worn out."

"They look tired mentally and I think Des is trying too hard."

"I haven't seen him (Josh Reynolds) improve a lot over the last four years which I think comes down to how structured the football is."

It's just the latest piece of criticism to hit the beleagured Hasler, with head conditioner Donny Singe leaving the club this week.

Hasler couldn't attend a press conference on Saturday morning, with assistant Jim Dymock stepping in. Dymock, who had a brief stint in the gig back in 2011, said he'd be ready to step in on a fulltime basis if Hasler is shown the door.

News also broke on Saturday that prop James Graham had officially signed with the Dragons.

It's safe to say that Foran will not be re-signed beyond next year.

Hopefully we do not run out of duct tape over the next 18 months, though i hope Foran brings us a premiership next year. Go get em Foz you good thing!

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be a good idea to keep him ONLY if we get a marquee halfback to support him instead of him doing all the work