News Kieran Foran Cleared of Serious Injury

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toughest bloke we've had for a long time but seriously should be thanked for his time at the end of next year. If they sign him on further the idiots should be hunted down!
Playing injured and still plays through. The line.. He is one tough mofo..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Foran and if he didn't have all these injuries no doubt he would be killing it, he is playing busted every week but still stands out. Yeh ok, not hard amongst our team but you get what I mean.

My question to all the Super Coaches on TK. If we bought a top quality half say a Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell or even Aiden Seizer would you re-sign Foran on a year to year contract for $150k a year? I think his experience would be valuable considering our youth and sure while he comes with damaged goods I can see some benefits in it. Over to you.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are number of surgical procedures to fix bulging (herniated) disc/s and without getting too deep into it they are relieving the pressure (on the spinal cord), removing part or all of the disc, replacement with an artificial disc or fusing 2 or more discs together. Why those options aren't suitable for Foran I don't know, but managing it via physio and targeted exercise is the most common mitigation.

Go Dogs
Close but you don't fuse the discs you fuse the two vertebrae either side of the problem disc, im sure that's what you meant, sometimes it cant be done from the back and then it becomes a difficult opp.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Foran and if he didn't have all these injuries no doubt he would be killing it, he is playing busted every week but still stands out. Yeh ok, not hard amongst our team but you get what I mean.

My question to all the Super Coaches on TK. If we bought a top quality half say a Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell or even Aiden Seizer would you re-sign Foran on a year to year contract for $150k a year? I think his experience would be valuable considering our youth and sure while he comes with damaged goods I can see some benefits in it. Over to you.
On $150k you’d sign him it’s low risk high reward but the question is would he sign for $150k? I have my doubts.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really worrying that the first moment he runs in free space, he pulls a hammy straight away. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Random ankle and toe injuries I can understand, but that hamstring will go with the wind!
Why cant you just be happy he wont miss a game?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On $150k you’d sign him it’s low risk high reward but the question is would he sign for $150k? I have my doubts.
He's reportedly on a million a year so no way he'd sign a one year extension for $150K.

Especially if he's still a quality half that can strengthen other teams

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why cant you just be happy he wont miss a game?
We're paying him $1M a year! He played all of 20min last week! Christ, how low have our standards dropped here at the Bulldogs!?

I saw enough last week and all weeks leading up that he cannot handle a full game of NRL without his body cracking.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt he would have many options if any that's of a higher offer

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We're paying him $1M a year! He played all of 20min last week! Christ, how low have our standards dropped here at the Bulldogs!?
I saw enough last week and all weeks leading up that he cannot handle a full game of NRL without his body cracking.
But if he doesn't play we don't win, so the "20 minutes" was a game winning 20 minutes.

Go Dogs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some players last 15 years playing NRL, some past 10 years while others might last a couple of years.

Every individual is different and unfortunately Forans time is up.

If he was on a quarter of his current salary, you wouldnt really feel the pinch, but when he is the highest paid player at our club and one of the highest paid in the NRL, it sets the club back more ways than one

Was Foran given a thorough medical before he signed with the Dogs?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much for the Foran haters, we can't construct a try without him, even put a bomb up or just spread the ball.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Some players last 15 years playing NRL, some past 10 years while others might last a couple of years.
Every individual is different and unfortunately Forans time is up.
Demonstrably he is in better condition this year than he has been for over 3 years and he recovered from a bad ankle injury in next to world record time, so he's not getting worse by any measure.

If he was on a quarter of his current salary, you wouldnt really feel the pinch, but when he is the highest paid player at our club and one of the highest paid in the NRL, it sets the club back more ways than one
Johnson is on similar $'s and in 20 mins Foran won the game and in 80 minutes Johnson didn't. So who exactly is the best value for money? That's without even mentioning Taylor in the value for money stakes.

Was Foran given a thorough medical before he signed with the Dogs?
Does it really matter, nothing has come up that wasn't already well known, back, hamstrings, etc. It's not like he had some super secret injury that would have changed Hasler's mind if it was revealed by a medical.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt he would have many options if any that's of a higher offer
I still think he would get some interest from other clubs. There’s no way he would sign a $150k deal that’s barely above minimum wage.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis needs to be in the 17
End story
It can’t be that hard
Yes, it is that hard, in fact it's impossible. Lewis is injured and not scheduled to return till Round 17 or 18. Considering the amount of time he has had off, I don't think he would be rushed back into 1st Grade.

Go Degs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But if he doesn't play we don't win, so the "20 minutes" was a game winning 20 minutes.
So much for the Foran haters, we can't construct a try without him, even put a bomb up or just spread the ball.
This is another illustration of how poor our standards and squad has become. Our best and most expensive player is 1-Legged and can hardly get through a game let alone a season.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it is that hard, in fact it's impossible. Lewis is injured and not scheduled to return till Round 17 or 18. Considering the amount of time he has had off, I don't think he would be rushed back into 1st Grade.

Go Degs
LOL Do you type that out manually every time? I thought that was an automatic signature this whole time.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So what! hes our player and contracted not only that hes our best player by far, while hes here ill support him without him we very rarely score

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what! hes our player and contracted not only that hes our best player by far, while hes here ill support him without him we very rarely score
Once again, another illustration of how poor our standards have dropped. We're arguing over a guy that's leading this team to an average of 12 points per game... how sad are we?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Demonstrably he is in better condition this year than he has been for over 3 years and he recovered from a bad ankle injury in next to world record time, so he's not getting worse by any measure.

Johnson is on similar $'s and in 20 mins Foran won the game and in 80 minutes Johnson didn't. So who exactly is the best value for money? That's without even mentioning Taylor in the value for money stakes.

Does it really matter, nothing has come up that wasn't already well known, back, hamstrings, etc. It's not like he had some super secret injury that would have changed Hasler's mind if it was revealed by a medical.

Go Dogs

In your fantasy world he is in better condition than he was 3 years ago. We will go along with it.
Though for todays NRL game, standards and week to week grind, he is not in the condition which is required. He still has not recovered from his ankle injury as he is still getting injections before every game, and he is on consistent light duties at training.

A 34 year old Benji Marshall got the nod ahead of Foran in the kiwis squad which shows you where Foran is at.

l find your comparison of Shaun Johnson and Foran quite commical and hypocritical. Hypocritical because you are using our victory to suit your argument.

We got our arses lubricated by the Roosters while they had Drew Hutchinson at 5/8. A rookie on a minimum wage of 105k compared to a $1m+ halve?

We can go on about the Kinghts and Connor Watson, Dragons and Corey Norman and we can go around all night.

Foran is on the same coin and on more coin than Tedesco, Cronk, DCE, Taumalolo, Keary, Ponga.

So value for money, is that we got totally ripped off.

Bud, you can spin it anyway you want but the facts and the results speak for themselves.

You mentioned Ash Tatlor, and he is without a doubt overpaid just like Foran. The common denominator is that both clubs were or are run by Cowboys.

The top teams in the NRL dont go blowing $1m+ on spine players who are not proven or who are not physically and mentality at the top of their game

Does it really matter that he was not given a medical? I cant answer that one for you as unfortunately i do not have an answer for such a stupid and retarded question