Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 4 more months of this to go

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blues brothers willing to sacrifice huge money to be one-club men

Jake Trbojevic and Tom Trbojevic of the Sea Eagles share a hug.
The Trbojevic brothers are prepared to make a huge sacrifice if it means they can play out their NRL careers side by side at Manly.

Both Jake and Tom conceded to foxsports.com.au they would consider accepting less money to remain at the Sea Eagles long-term.

It follows recent reports the brothers could be poached by Canterbury as a package deal, and speculation they will be forced to split up if they want to earn maximum dollars under the game’s salary cap.

“You’ve got to look at everything I guess, but we love playing together so ideally you want to stay together,” Jake said when asked if he would accept a smaller salary to remain on the northern beaches with Tom.

“You never know what happens in footy ... the Stewart brothers (Glenn and Brett), you wouldn’t have thought they would have to separate, but it’s the nature of the game with salary cap and so on.

“Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

“I’d love to stay there (at Manly) ... but we’ve got another year and a half so I haven’t even thought about it really.”

Tom also said he would consider accepting less money in order to remain at the Sea Eagles with his brother.

“Of course, that’s what you want to do. But I’ve still got a long time left there so I’ll sort that out when it needs to be sorted out,” Tom said.

“We haven’t (spoken about it). Ideally we would like to stay at Manly but we’ve still got a long time left there.”

The brothers are both managed by SFX player agent Paul Sutton, making any type of package deal much easier to negotiate.

They’re both contracted to Manly until the end of the 2020 season, meaning they can officially negotiate with rival clubs as of November 1.

Jake, 25, is now considered one of the game’s best and most reliable middle forwards while younger sibling Tom, 22, has long been seen as one of the best rising talents in rugby league.

They reaffirmed those reputations in the second State of Origin tie last week, where Jake was the official Man of the Match and Tom was awarded the NSW players’ player for their roles in the 38-6 victory over Queensland.

Tom scored a hat-trick of tries and Jake was arguably the best player on the park with some mammoth efforts up the middle.

“Not a lot of people get to play State of Origin, let alone do it with your brother. It’s really special, and it’s good for our family,” Tom said.

The pair went back into NSW camp on Monday in preparation for the series decider at ANZ Stadium next week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/c62f6bc4f7a78cd60b51575c3a92284c
I’m sure they will stay for less money! With a couple of brown paper bags been delivered every week, they will not be going any where.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs have only been linked to them through stupid articles by **** saying we should use the war chest on them instead of Latrell. There’s absolutely zero chance of them coming here and they’ll re-sign with Manly before November 1.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What exactly are you not sure about? His runs from kick returns and backing up players is the best we have had in years.
Did you see him try and catch that bomb against the sharks? He runs hard, and backs up, as a fullback should, I just think wingers are so important these days with meters gained from hit ups early in the set he’d excel there. I don’t think he has great hands or much ball playing ability. I’d be happy to see him at centre, because continuing to play Montoya in first grade is like crossing the road with your eyes closed, will never end well.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you not sure about? His runs from kick returns and backing up players is the best we have had in years.
DWZ ran the ball harder than all our forwards. What is going on with our forwards not running onto the ball??
It was a good winon Sunday but we are fuckin hopeless at moving up in defence and are way too happy to make 20m per set

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ ran the ball harder than all our forwards. What is going on with our forwards not running onto the ball??
It was a good winon Sunday but we are fuckin hopeless at moving up in defence and are way too happy to make 20m per set
Its how they get the ball from the dummy half when their flatfooted, watch the good dummy half run and feed the forwards who are then already at speed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fox Sports vs WWOS Mole.... both playing opposite sides of the field.

I'd say we have a chance, but not a great one (all the while Pay remains that chance gets slimmer).

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its how they get the ball from the dummy half when their flatfooted, watch the good dummy half run and feed the forwards who are then already at speed
I think lichaas service is pretty terrible but i don't think its the only reason. Lack of size doesn't help but the forwards aren't ripping in

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why we need to sort the coach out before Nov 1.
No one will sign a contract not knowing who the coach will be.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can never see them leaving but then would Manly be able to tie 3 million from the cap on 3 players (including DCE)?

Also I never understood why NRL players would take a paycut to stay loyal to a team, compared to most sports the NRL players don't earn a fraction of what other capped sports do such as the NBA, you also only really have 10-12 years in the NRL compared to other sports were players play till their late 30s. Loyalty in sports is usually a one way street.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
To anybody that says not a chance etc.

So what then? Should we not even bother?
At the very least we would force Manly to take more out of their already under pressure salary cap.

Tom Turbo is a once in a generation player and if we have to tie up $2million to bring both those boys across than it's a bargain considering we are paying Foran $1.2million next year. Give him a once in a generation pay packet the kid has so much class and doesn't go missing on the field (When he is not injured ofcourse haha).

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring it on if true... would be nice to see them in blue and white

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just read that Manly signed up their little brother. It would take a real good offer to get Tom and Jake to leave. Just don't know if our recruitment team are smart enough to come up with an offer too good to refuse...

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Santa.....

Unfortunately these articles have no substance and the turbo boys are manly thru and thru

They will never enter the premises at the dogs
Never say, never, money talk and BS walk

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread on here:

Maybe the Dogs are willing to throw the bank at the Turbo brothers as a way of making it personal and getting one up on Manly and Des for all the fuckups of the past.

Would be a massive coup for the board and would earn a shitload of kudos from fanbase if they could pull it off.

Not to mention the boost both brothers would give our side.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't a chance in hell they will come here.
Especially when they don't know who the coach is which is why the Dogs need to cement a long term coach now. Or is that why Barrett's name keeps getting thrown around? Hmmm....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see barrett coming to the club if it helps.
Des would of started working out a thousand different ways to manage the cap and pay the boys backended.
Simply i think cherry evans deal and 2 more big ones will be hard to cover.
He will show greenberg a million different ways trying to get him to sign off on one.
But i would love to see them in the blue and white.
Our playing fields and facilities at club have to be a factor on toms mind.
Look what brooky oval and lack of proper rehab equipment done to foz.
Tom would pro long his playing career coming i believe. Keep him on the field more.
Pretty sure its one of reasons des left manly in first place and again the reason barret quit.
Offer Jake captaincy as a sweetener