Other News Source The Consolidated Trbojevic Brothers Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MANLY TESTING TRBOJEVICS' PATIENCE

Those close to the Trbojevic brothers are telling me that the loyalty factor is starting to wear a little thin at Manly.

When news first broke that the Bulldogs are set to throw massive money at the Blues Origin stars, there was a collective ‘no way will they ever leave Manly’ school of thought from the northern beaches.

But the Bulldogs continue to sweeten the pot and are quoting figures that the Sea Eagles simply can’t match.

The boys’ manager, Paul Sutton, is salivating - and who could blame him.

The duo could give the Bulldogs a quick fix, and set themselves up for life in the process.

They are not gone yet, but Manly will need to substantially increase their offer to keep the pair.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...ic-manly/3d297a06-0d8c-46b1-b95f-2bca83a1d938

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, offer them mega deals that will blow Manly out of the water, build the club around these 2,we have the cash let's spend it wisely

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d much prefer our cap spent on these 2 than Latrell, or hurting manly trying to get them works to

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will personally lick their toes clean if they join.
Lynne, if you’re reading this, throw it in the contract if it helps. You have my word

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please splash the cash at these 2.......... would be unreal

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
could we develop DWZ into a centre and have tommy turbo at the back

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason I reckon they would leave is if they were going to be separated , they still live together .. so it’s almost like they have been playing together for years, Gould would have good words about us to them too, let’s hope it happens . Exciting times we are due for some big signings considering all the ones we missed out on and also the fact players like sbw and Klemmer left us for other clubs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Moley have been at the bar with their manager, trying to stir the pot to get Manly to up their next contract offer. Fantastic if they come, and I agree the club should chase them hard, but we've been played this tune before.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
could we develop DWZ into a centre and have tommy turbo at the back
Not sure DWZ is best suited at full back, tend to agree with sterlo that he’s better off on the wing, or perhaps with us at centre given the bog average alternatives

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well if we can, could do a lot worse...!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blues brothers willing to sacrifice huge money to be one-club men

Jake Trbojevic and Tom Trbojevic of the Sea Eagles share a hug.
The Trbojevic brothers are prepared to make a huge sacrifice if it means they can play out their NRL careers side by side at Manly.

Both Jake and Tom conceded to foxsports.com.au they would consider accepting less money to remain at the Sea Eagles long-term.

It follows recent reports the brothers could be poached by Canterbury as a package deal, and speculation they will be forced to split up if they want to earn maximum dollars under the game’s salary cap.

“You’ve got to look at everything I guess, but we love playing together so ideally you want to stay together,” Jake said when asked if he would accept a smaller salary to remain on the northern beaches with Tom.

“You never know what happens in footy ... the Stewart brothers (Glenn and Brett), you wouldn’t have thought they would have to separate, but it’s the nature of the game with salary cap and so on.

“Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

“I’d love to stay there (at Manly) ... but we’ve got another year and a half so I haven’t even thought about it really.”

Tom also said he would consider accepting less money in order to remain at the Sea Eagles with his brother.

“Of course, that’s what you want to do. But I’ve still got a long time left there so I’ll sort that out when it needs to be sorted out,” Tom said.

“We haven’t (spoken about it). Ideally we would like to stay at Manly but we’ve still got a long time left there.”

The brothers are both managed by SFX player agent Paul Sutton, making any type of package deal much easier to negotiate.

They’re both contracted to Manly until the end of the 2020 season, meaning they can officially negotiate with rival clubs as of November 1.

Jake, 25, is now considered one of the game’s best and most reliable middle forwards while younger sibling Tom, 22, has long been seen as one of the best rising talents in rugby league.

They reaffirmed those reputations in the second State of Origin tie last week, where Jake was the official Man of the Match and Tom was awarded the NSW players’ player for their roles in the 38-6 victory over Queensland.

Tom scored a hat-trick of tries and Jake was arguably the best player on the park with some mammoth efforts up the middle.

“Not a lot of people get to play State of Origin, let alone do it with your brother. It’s really special, and it’s good for our family,” Tom said.

The pair went back into NSW camp on Monday in preparation for the series decider at ANZ Stadium next week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/c62f6bc4f7a78cd60b51575c3a92284c

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Would be a wise investment which is what scares me about our chances.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There isn't a chance in hell they will come here.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see barrett coming to the club if it helps.
Des would of started working out a thousand different ways to manage the cap and pay the boys backended.
Simply i think cherry evans deal and 2 more big ones will be hard to cover.
He will show greenberg a million different ways trying to get him to sign off on one.
But i would love to see them in the blue and white.
Our playing fields and facilities at club have to be a factor on toms mind.
Look what brooky oval and lack of proper rehab equipment done to foz.
Tom would pro long his playing career coming i believe. Keep him on the field more.
Pretty sure its one of reasons des left manly in first place and again the reason barret quit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant see manly keeping dce and them all on massive deals

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MANLY TESTING TRBOJEVICS' PATIENCE

Those close to the Trbojevic brothers are telling me that the loyalty factor is starting to wear a little thin at Manly.

When news first broke that the Bulldogs are set to throw massive money at the Blues Origin stars, there was a collective ‘no way will they ever leave Manly’ school of thought from the northern beaches.

But the Bulldogs continue to sweeten the pot and are quoting figures that the Sea Eagles simply can’t match.

The boys’ manager, Paul Sutton, is salivating - and who could blame him.

The duo could give the Bulldogs a quick fix, and set themselves up for life in the process.

They are not gone yet, but Manly will need to substantially increase their offer to keep the pair.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...ic-manly/3d297a06-0d8c-46b1-b95f-2bca83a1d938
Dee Dub, i like this rumour.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Santa.....

Unfortunately these articles have no substance and the turbo boys are manly thru and thru

They will never enter the premises at the dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say any mention of other clubs is to get clicks or sell papers as well as to drive his price up with Manly through stories leaked by their management.