News Kieran Foran Cleared of Serious Injury

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
upload_2019-7-2_7-41-43.jpeg
Canterbury coach Dean Pay has given Bulldogs fans some good news in the wake of their 14-12 upset win over Cronulla, with Kieran Foran's hamstring injury not as serious as originally thought.

It was a tough win from the struggling Dogs, especially after their star playmaker in Foran was forced from the field during the first half and bringing debutant Brandon Wakeham on into the halves.

But the hamstring strain has been diagnosed as 'slight' and there is a good chance that the former Kiwis star could be right for their next game after the bye.

"It wasn't too bad but thankfully he came off because if he stayed out there he would have made it worse," he said.

"He's not having too much luck getting some consistent footy. Hopefully it's not too bad, I think its only a mild strain.

"That being said Brandon Wakeham came in and did a tremendous job for us today and he was fantastic."

It was a whirlwind day for the Bulldogs with forward Rhyse Martin being released from his contract just hours before kickoff, opening the door for Wakeham to take a spot on the bench.

Pay commented on the departure of Martin after the win, who will take up a deal in the UK Super League in the next two-and-a-half years.

"Rhyse has taken an offer to go over to England within that June 30 timeframe, so we thought he'd still be available to play today but he wasn't so that's why it worked out the way it did.

"We offered him a deal earlier in the year and he decided not to take it up, and I think he's got a two-and-a-half-year deal over there and it secures his future.

"We weren't prepared to stand in his way."

The Bulldogs will have the bye next week, while the Sharks will look to bounce back from the disappointing display when they take on the struggling Broncos at Shark Park next Sunday arvo.

Source: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...d-of-serious-injury/9ext02zi2mwm1msjveb08p98k

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank God, we need him

I’d keep Wakeham on the bench as precautionary backup just in case since the rest of our halves are injured

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really worrying that the first moment he runs in free space, he pulls a hammy straight away. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Random ankle and toe injuries I can understand, but that hamstring will go with the wind!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really worrying that the first moment he runs in free space, he pulls a hammy straight away. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Random ankle and toe injuries I can understand, but that hamstring will go with the wind!
Hamstring injuries steam from his bad back. Apparently his had a buldge disc in his back since he was 18. Fix his back and hammy issue may go away.

In saying that his had hammy issues for most of career. So obviously if his back issue hasnt been fixed by now then they never will. I believe he also has hip issues. Due to having bad hips and a bad back unless they get fixed his hammies are always going to go.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love Foz, he’s doing his absolute upmost to help our struggling club and he’s the classiest footballer to have pulled on a Bulldogs Jersey for some time.

I hate to go over old ground but if I was sitting on the current board I’d be seeking legal advice and pursuing Dib and Hasler for compensation. Their lack of due diligence borders on criminal. To commit 10-15% of our salary cap for 3 years to a player that anyone with an ounce of medical training could tell you was busted infuriates me.

Rant complete

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hamstring injuries steam from his bad back. Apparently his had a buldge disc in his back since he was 18. Fix his back and hammy issue may go away.
In saying that his had hammy issues for most of career. So obviously if his back issue hasnt been fixed by now then they never will. I believe he also has hip issues. Due to having bad hips and a bad back unless they get fixed his hammies are always going to go.
Last year Foran worked extensively with Shirvington on his running style to alleviate the hamstring strain placed by the bulging disc. Apparently the disc problem isn't one that can be fixed with surgery, so Ayoub and Giveny have developed a training and exercise regime to mitigate it. Looking at the video it looked to me like the hamstring strain came from busting out of the 2 tacklers, he really pushed them to break free. He is where he is and it's credit to his personal drive and our physio staff that he can play as well as he does.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told that you actually never fully heal from a bulged disc in your back as I also have one.
The best thing you can do is ensure that all the surrounding muscles remain strong but flexible but it doesn't guarantee it will be ok.
I think as you were eluding to, having a bulged disc makes other muscles try to compensate for it and in turn causes problems in other areas.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was told that you actually never fully heal from a bulged disc in your back as I also have one.
The best thing you can do is ensure that all the surrounding muscles remain strong but flexible but it doesn't guarantee it will be ok.
I think as you were eluding to, having a bulged disc makes other muscles try to compensate for it and in turn causes problems in other areas.
There are number of surgical procedures to fix bulging (herniated) disc/s and without getting too deep into it they are relieving the pressure (on the spinal cord), removing part or all of the disc, replacement with an artificial disc or fusing 2 or more discs together. Why those options aren't suitable for Foran I don't know, but managing it via physio and targeted exercise is the most common mitigation.

Go Dogs

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injury after injury for this poor fucker. Can’t see him lasting much longer.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Foz, he’s doing his absolute upmost to help our struggling club and he’s the classiest footballer to have pulled on a Bulldogs Jersey for some time.

I hate to go over old ground but if I was sitting on the current board I’d be seeking legal advice and pursuing Dib and Hasler for compensation. Their lack of due diligence borders on criminal. To commit 10-15% of our salary cap for 3 years to a player that anyone with an ounce of medical training could tell you was busted infuriates me.

Rant complete
Totally agree on dib and Hasler just plain stupid!
As for foz even on one leg or back issues or any other issues he has he is still all class what he does on the field and wont score many trys without him.
His contract is ridiculous and should never have happened let alone for that amount but he seems the only one who is playing for the jersey atm.
All class

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I love Foran.. but getting him when we did is like getting your dream car after it has been in a serious accident...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Rant complete
Even without the medical issues giving Foran that much is madness there was literally no other club after him and he wanted to come back to Sydney. I'd be surprised if they even game him a a medical before signing him.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite him being busted he’s still the best half we have and still probably top 8 in the league.

Hammies are fickle injuries.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

beginning to think now with the point you made him running in free space then pulls a hammy are they nursing him at training. you would think that he would be doing sprints at training i am now thinking now he is not.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
beginning to think now with the point you made him running in free space then pulls a hammy are they nursing him at training. you would think that he would be doing sprints at training i am now thinking now he is not.
I’m pretty sure his ankles still not right, he limps after any contact, and he did have a hamstring strain pre season, I’d say he’s on a pretty restricted training regime

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure his ankles still not right, he limps after any contact, and he did have a hamstring strain pre season, I’d say he’s on a pretty restricted training regime
yep sounds like it, poor old guy lol

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I admire Fozzy, he has had his haters and lots of criticism, and rightly so..but he’s one tough mother fucker !!!

Credit where credits due huh :grinning::grinning:
Now that’s GOLD.!!!
Yeah he is Scoooby has impressed me this year....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Toughest bloke we've had for a long time but seriously should be thanked for his time at the end of next year. If they sign him on further the idiots should be hunted down!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rant complete
Mate without Foran we don’t score tries..