News Napa axed from the maroons

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats Napa money, and Welch is a better player than Napa.

Welch is probably worth around the 400k mark
Good point, haven’t seen enough from Napa to say otherwise! Injured or not, I think Welch will be far better ..!!

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa off the bench for qld will shit all over Glasby
Different player entirely though, Glasby is the best defensive middle they have given Arrow's injury. Glasby isn't a spectacular ball runner but is a really good defender around the ruck and doesn't miss many tackles, complete opposite to Napa

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Different player entirely though, Glasby is the best defensive middle they have given Arrow's injury. Glasby isn't a spectacular ball runner but is a really good defender around the ruck and doesn't miss many tackles, complete opposite to Napa
Exposed big time by cook and Jake turbo last series on 2 occasions
They already have welch and McGuire in there
But hey let them be I guess

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exposed big time by cook and Jake turbo last series on 2 occasions
They already have welch and McGuire in there
But hey let them be I guess
And Napa has never been exposed? What exactly has Napa shown?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It normal for QLD players to be average when playing for their club particularly if playing for a NSW club, but always Starr when picked for QLD SOO, so because he played poorly in SOO 2 I'd say he must be injured.
Injured or not....the Guy is shit!! out of all the front row forwards in the NRL I would put Napa last every time regarding playing ability and last last on how much grey matter he has between the ears.
I consider him and embarrassment and an insult to Klemmer be even considered as a replacement for Klemmer lol I hope they don't do a Lichaa and re sign this drop kick? but, you never know what our club recruitment will do next.:rage:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never has been in good form and never will, another mistake by our recruitment team, the only reason we got this tool is because there was no-one else out there to buy lol
The club didn’t have to buy him,there was no obligation
Klems money was in the bank,not necessary to spend it straight away
It is clear that injuries are holding him back
Hopefully a new coach will bring out the best in all our players

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully higher calibre players will bring out the best in our coach.

Go Dogs
Yeah maybe they will,
I’m really hoping that this year is rock bottom and the 7 new players bring some much needed experience
Too many unknowns at the moment,biggest being our coach
We don’t have a crystal ball so have to sit back and trust our board
Keep up the faith

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger had a good game yesterday and I think he'll improve even more, has pace I would be happy to stick with Cogger, and Meany needs to bulk up and learn to support when a break is made but he's going ok and once we get some quality players in certain positions these young players will learn and grow in confidence.
Cogger was decent on the weekend yes. I just don’t see these signings as smart though. Don’t really see either one as long term players- that’s a personal opinion though.