Lynne Anderson on our Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't see it like that, being the eternal optimist, I expect an improvement next year (a bit of pain) and a step change the year after (not too much pain). Just a couple of strike players will make a huge difference and we can afford that next year.

Go Dogs
Your daily posts are more painful than the shit the team dishes out every weekend

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the plan. Seriously, this is the best they got. And there's people lecturing me to be positive.

It's 2019 not 1991, surely they realise they have to move with the times.
If they don't then we are dooooomed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Lichaa earn himself a contract extension??

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every potential solution to the current crisis at the club will take years to play out, from developing our own juniors, to identifying and recruiting good young players to be brought across, to proper management of the salary cap, to identifying and recruiting the right longer term coach of FG etc.

even if we do everything right in the rebuild (which I doubt), there is still 3-4 years worth of pain before we reach the end of the tunnel
A very good and honest post, many on TK don't realist just how much harm Des and the world champion pie eater have done to our club by neglecting to develop our juniors, some even want to replace our current board which I certain are doing their very best to develop our own juniors.
IMHO the most notable failure of the previous board was their failure to overrule Des and Cleal on junior development, recruitment and retention because these are areas which cannot be fixed in 2 or 3 years. BTW alchemist I was replying to Alan 79

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A very good and honest post, many on TK don't realist just how much harm Des and the world champion pie eater have done to our club by neglecting to develop our juniors, some even want to replace our current board which I certain are doing their very best to develop our own juniors.
IMHO the most notable failure of the previous board was their failure to overrule Des and Cleal on junior development, recruitment and retention because these are areas which cannot be fixed in 2 or 3 years. BTW alchemist I was replying to Alan 79
It makes me sad for the NRL knowing that the top dog in the NRL administration team publicly said that development of juniors was a wasted expense. Cleal and Hasler played their own part. But with Greenberg overseeing it all we stood no chance of remaining among the elite clubs.

gordon

Waterboy
Reaction score
The 90s

The games moved on you idiot
The bulldogs were called the entertainers in the 80’s, they let the ball do the work, comparing that team to now, it was better to watch and the hits were brutal, the game might have moved on but the basics are all the same!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We beat the sharks!!!!! Dean gay ultimate super coach. You’re all fake supporters.
#bulldogdna
#dogsofwar

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes me sad for the NRL knowing that the top dog in the NRL administration team publicly said that development of juniors was a wasted expense. Cleal and Hasler played their own part. But with Greenberg overseeing it all we stood no chance of remaining among the elite clubs.
100 % on the money. I dont think enough emphasis has been placed on the poor control and direction demonstrated by both Greenberg and Castle. Greenberg is a myth and not the messiah of football administration as claimed by some, his focus has always been about his career..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100 % on the money. I dont think enough emphasis has been placed on the poor control and direction demonstrated by both Greenberg and Castle. Greenberg is a myth and not the messiah of football administration as claimed by some, his focus has always been about his career..
I have to admit I was one of the people that though Greenberg was great. How wrong I was. The **** has been utterly exposed as nothing more than a propaganda spokesman I mean spokesperson sorry for the left politics infiltrating our game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Too many ppl reading it how they want to, so they can whinge. She didn't say we are getting a goalkicker and a prop lol. It was an example of starting a rebuild with a few players and going from there. Not sure how else u achieve it. Not like u can bulk buy a team in 1 hit.

I'm not going to criticise recruitment until I see how we line up next year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your daily posts are more painful than the shit the team dishes out every weekend
You know what I really cant stand? The pessimists who just want to bag the club and shit on it at every possible opportunity.
The kennel has become a big whinge fest for grown up kids.

Go dogs!

Banned
Reaction score
You know what I really cant stand? The pessimists who just want to bag the club and shit on it at every possible opportunity.
The kennel has become a big whinge fest for grown up kids.

Go dogs!
Perhaps when the majority are complaining, there is a basis for their behaviour, which needs to be addressed, rather than glossed over with false "GO DOGS" bravado?

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
erhaps when the majority are complaining,t here is a basis for their behaviour, which needs to be addressed, rather than glossed over with false "GO DOGS" bravado?
Perhaps when the noisy majority are complaining it's simply mob mentality, many being afraid to put forward an alternative view for fear of being lambasted. There are a lot of lemmings jumping off the cliff together. Maybe for a minute it's worthwhile considering that it's the silent majority that have it right. Some of the stuff I read on here is simply nonsensical, with no facts to support it and no logic applied whatsoever. Some of that can be explained by passion for their team, after all that what fan is short for, fanatic.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.