News Napa axed from the maroons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
talking of Welch as his replacement... what happened to the rumours we were after him...? his SOO selection makes it tougher now (if the rumours were actually true)
Welch links been quiet for a long time.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
after his 27 run metres in origin 2, im shocked he isn't the first forward picked .. sounds like another bulldogs conspiracy if you ask me :D
Walters fucked up and he only got 20 odd minutes I think. The pack got hammered and he left Napa off. Can't give him no game time than drop him for not performing. No 1 stood up in game 2 not even gagai

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t people cut him a bit of slack for a change
The guy started the year in good form and had some impressive games
Carrying a couple of injuries is impacting the way he playes
I’m looking forward to seeing him fully fit and with new forwards around the club next year
Surrounded by plodders at the moment,bring in R.T

Never has been in good form and never will, another mistake by our recruitment team, the only reason we got this tool is because there was no-one else out there to buy lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Deserved to be dropped absolute marshmallow

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His not what i expected. Had high hopes for him at the start of the season. So boring to watch when he takes the ball up. Disappointing. Not surprised his been dropped from queensland

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to take a few weeks off , if he is injured so he can get back to 100%. Give RT another try

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It normal for QLD players to be average when playing for their club particularly if playing for a NSW club, but always Starr when picked for QLD SOO, so because he played poorly in SOO 2 I'd say he must be injured.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely at his price we are paying for better than "fine"...

Said it before, why go after a limited minutes impact prop when we had more pressing needs! Then we compound it by going after Cogger and Meaney whom I'm far from sold on!
Cogger had a good game yesterday and I think he'll improve even more, has pace I would be happy to stick with Cogger, and Meany needs to bulk up and learn to support when a break is made but he's going ok and once we get some quality players in certain positions these young players will learn and grow in confidence.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger had a good game yesterday and I think he'll improve even more, has pace I would be happy to stick with Cogger, and Meany needs to bulk up and learn to support when a break is made but he's going ok and once we get some quality players in certain positions these young players will learn and grow in confidence.
I agree, cogger was great yesterday. His kicking game was fantastic, he was finding the grass on pretty much every long kick. He also threatened the line a few times. Best game for us thus far.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Cogger in time will develop into a solid and capable half in the Chad Townsend/Blake Green bracket, I'm less convinced with Meaney.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thought he was very lucky to have been selected in game 1 tbh.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa off the bench for qld will shit all over Glasby

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Especially when his asking price is 600k
No way is he worth that much
Very good player
Manager overpriced him
Thats Napa money, and Welch is a better player than Napa.

Welch is probably worth around the 400k mark