Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even if they ruled it a strip
The crapolla player drops it a “second” time on the way down
At worse case scenario it’s a penalty to the shonks
It got sent up as loose carry and no try
He dropped it twice
Fcuk u u putrid cheating scum klein
Not to worry. Annesley will apologise at the What the Refs Did Wrong presser.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not to worry. Annesley will apologise at the What the Refs Did Wrong presser.
Nah it'll be one of those, "i wouldn't have said try but it's how they seen it on the day and its not necessarily wrong to award the try"

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the cotradiction of rules or misinterpretation is the grey area, all year thats been a 2 man strip and penalty, however due to it being in the arrempt to score a try it was play on and try, at what point does 1 rule apply and cuts out the other

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exact situation was reversed in the second half - Nikora stripped the ball from CHN 1m out from the line and the ref called it a knock on..............

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teams have been gifted or stripped of wins all season based on the inconsistent decision making of the referees. In my tinfoil hat I tend to think all the calls favour one team. I'd love to see how the betting flows go compared to the way the refs favour teams. I think it would be an interesting comparison. The standard of referees got noticeably worse after the NRL accepted a sponsorship deal with a percentage of NRL wagering profits and it doesn't seem coincidental.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Teams have been gifted or stripped of wins all season based on the inconsistent decision making of the referees. In my tinfoil hat I tend to think all the calls favour one team. I'd love to see how the betting flows go compared to the way the refs favour teams. I think it would be an interesting comparison. The standard of referees got noticeably worse after the NRL accepted a sponsorship deal with a percentage of NRL wagering profits and it doesn't seem coincidental.
I don't think it favours one team every time, but that said I believe that refereeing expectation bias (even if unconscious) is rife in the NRL. For example if a team is "expected" to win then there is almost a 90% correlation in them receiving a higher % of the close decisions (not just the 50/50's but even the 40/60's).

There have been a number of studies on this world wide;
http://ftp.iza.org/dp8857.pdf
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/776b/a7c740f889cc9087f2bb3e6c438ad32e2d81.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/public...rch_in_Sports_officiating_and_decision-making
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1469029216302850 ("Regression analyses predicted that as home teams' league position improved the number of decisions against away teams increased.")

The "Cameron Smith" type of effect on officiating decisions is a text book example in many of the above.

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grey area because in the rules you can strip the ball (with multiple players in the tackle) when an opponent is attempting to ground the ball for a try.
Yes you are allowed to strip the ball in that instance, otherwise you would be being not allowed to have a chance to prevent the try but the player carrying the ball also needs to have ball security and there can't be a knock on which there was. Stupid stupid rule whereby the team who loses possession is rewarded for it. Very poor decision by the bunker.
Didn’t the set start with one of our players getting stripped? Or was that one on one?
You are right. It was an illegal strip however by Morris as tackle was complete, our player was in the ground and momentum stopped. .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As expected he came out and actually admitted the call was wrong and should not have been a try to Johnston. Continues to back these morons though.

"Only have a limited number of officials and people need to remember that".

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As expected he came out and actually admitted the call was wrong and should not have been a try to Johnston. Continues to back these morons though.
Hang on .................. is there a salary cap on referees? Or a limit (like 30 players) on recruiting more than the allowed number? If not, then they need to get out of the ivory tower and recruit some better ones. It's simply not good enough to claim that only shit officials apply for NRL refereeing jobs. It's not the employees, it's the recruiter not doing his job and settling for sub standard staff.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hang on .................. is there a salary cap on referees? Or a limit (like 30 players) on recruiting more than the allowed number? If not, then they need to get out of the ivory tower and recruit some better ones. It's simply not good enough to claim that only shit officials apply for NRL refereeing jobs. It's not the employees, it's the recruiter not doing his job and settling for sub standard staff.

Go Dogs
These days may as well sack them all and have viewers choice on all decisions.

Green button - TRY
Red button - NO TRY
Blue button - KNOCK ON/LOOSE CARRY
Yellow button - OFFSIDE

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What we remember and would like answered however is how all these inexplainable 'errors' always seem to be made against us?
Joey Manu try, Rhyse Martin conversion from the sideline against Storm, should I keep going?
Can't we get past the corruption and let the best team win?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, penalty but no try
Your allowed to strip the ball defending your trying even with two players involved in the tackle ,no penalty ,it should’ve been a knock on with a scrum to the dogs

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Ref boss confirms it was a blunder - what apology are we up to so far this year and last? There should be a tally to see which Clubs are getting the rough end of the stick!

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ref boss confirms it was a blunder - what apology are we up to so far this year and last? There should be a tally to see which Clubs are getting the rough end of the stick!
And on that a stat on referred decisions...every one of our tries (and there hasn't been many) goes up to 'check'...I was shocked our first was awarded yesterday...as shocked as Hopoate i think

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your allowed to strip the ball defending your trying even with two players involved in the tackle ,no penalty ,it should’ve been a knock on with a scrum to the dogs
Yes that’s true

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know the easiest way to resolve this? Fine the refs per blunder.

$1000 for a minor incident, $5000 for a major incident that could have decided a game.

Then see how quickly they start making correct calls.

Only in the act of grounding the ball for a try.

In this instance you could say "oh okay 2 on 1 strip", except that Wakeham falls off the tackle before CHN rakes the ball.

That makes it a CHN attempted strip / loose carry from Nikora and a knock on.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet Ashley scum Klein will be given origin 3 even after that absolutely disgraceful call
Promote him whilst your at it

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grey area because in the rules you can strip the ball (with multiple players in the tackle) when an opponent is attempting to ground the ball for a try.
It’s not a penalty when in the act of scoring