Official It's Official

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Here we go.... This coming from the guy who thinks Bellamy can't coach but Pay can... Drinkwater showed far more in one game with Melbourne and one with the Cowboys than Meaney has in his whole career.

I never complained about signing DWZ. He's a good signing but should ultimately be wing or centre as someone like Drinkwater has far more vision and skills to set up tries from fullback in ways DWZ can't. Dallin should be fullback short term, but long term he needs to add some passing to his game or they need to recruit a fullback who offers more in that regard..

If Meany was playing for Melbourne. He too would look far better than he is currently.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Meany was playing for Melbourne. He too would look far better than he is currently.
Maybe Meaney just isn't that good? Drinkwater scored a try and set one up in his first game for Nth Qld who are a bottom four team.

Meaney hasn't scored a try all season and DWZ has stood out a lot more in a few games than Meaney ever did at fullback. Those players have shown their class and that you can still stand out and play well in bad teams, which is something Meaney couldn't do despite being given plenty of chances.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go.... This coming from the guy who thinks Bellamy can't coach but Pay can... Drinkwater showed far more in one game with Melbourne and one with the Cowboys than Meaney has in his whole career.

I never complained about signing DWZ. He's a good signing but should ultimately be wing or centre as someone like Drinkwater has far more vision and skills to set up tries from fullback in ways DWZ can't. Dallin should be fullback short term, but long term he needs to add some passing to his game or they need to recruit a fullback who offers more in that regard..
Firstly please feel free to post up any quote where I said that "Bellamy can't coach and Pay can". Is it possible that you are confusing questions asked about how well Bellamy would go without the once in decades talent he has had at his disposal?

I though Bellamy never let anyone go that he thought was worthwhile, and yet he let Drinkwater go. Maybe we will find out why (Bellamy released him) after he has played a full NRL season, after all one swallow does not a summer make.

Go Dogs

Reactions: obe

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney, beyond being safe under the high ball has shown very little. He runs with little purpose or intent,submits in the tackle,looks to pass at every opportunity on kick return, doesn't push up in support. At the moment offers nothing in FG.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

If only Hoppa had the speed and will of DWZ and vice versa the passing we could actually have a decent player, instead we are paying two players over a million combined to be worse than one really good fullback.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If only Hoppa had the speed and will of DWZ and vice versa the passing we could actually have a decent player, instead we are paying two players over a million combined to be worse than one really good fullback.
Are you seriously picking on the 2 players who scored the 2 tries for us yesterday? Surely there are better targets?

Go Dogs

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has already signed for the Rooters
Cronulla haven't release him he is actually sign until 2021. Is trying to get a release based his dad no longer involved as they promised he could leave after his dad suspended in beginning of the year.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla haven't release him he is actually sign until 2021. Is trying to get a release based his dad no longer involved as they promised he could leave after his dad suspended in beginning of the year.
Roosters have signed him and were trying to bring him across before June 30.

Cronulla rejected him leaving June 30 and have said he can leave at the end of the year

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at how well Drinkwater played in his first game for Nth Qld is disappointing considering we nearly signed him last season and he was available.

To release numerous players and only sign DWZ is also frustrating. Almost every other club was more active than ours leading up to June 30. To only have announced Stimson for next year is worrying considering how weak the squad is.

Hopefully more signings are announced for next year soon otherwise 2020 will be another season where we battle for the spoon.
I was always expecting 2020 to be as bad as this year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters have signed him and were trying to bring him across before June 30.
Cronulla rejected him leaving June 30 and have said he can leave at the end of the year
He has a current contract registered with the NRL until the end of 2021, which means no new contract with a different team can be registered with the NRL until November. So there are 5 months in which to change his mind, even if he has already made a decision. Plus there is the compulsory 10 days cooling off period after the contract is signed.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Officially crap lol. What an awesome year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mo flogs !!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firstly please feel free to post up any quote where I said that "Bellamy can't coach and Pay can". Is it possible that you are confusing questions asked about how well Bellamy would go without the once in decades talent he has had at his disposal?

I though Bellamy never let anyone go that he thought was worthwhile, and yet he let Drinkwater go. Maybe we will find out why (Bellamy released him) after he has played a full NRL season, after all one swallow does not a summer make.

Go Dogs
Bellamy could coach the Titans and turn them into a top four side. If you think he's only a good coach because he had Smith, Slater and Cronk then you're delusional. Only Smith remains and they're first by six points, yet you still think he's an average coach?

So just to clarify, you rate Napa and Meaney as good players and smart signings and Drinkwater a dud?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was always expecting 2020 to be as bad as this year
I don't expect miracles but 2019 was always going to be the worst year of the turnaround. We have 7 spots and at least $2m to spend under the cap for next year's team, which can be increased with additional players being released early. At the very least that is 4 times better than we were going into this year with only ~$500k spare.

Based on the Stimson and DWZ signings I have high degree of confidence that we can do at least as well if not better in the player market for next year.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Marquee players off contract.

Oates 2019 QLD
David Fifita 2020 QLD
Cotric 2020 NSW
Nikora 2020 NZ
Arrow 2020 QLD
Jake Trbojevic 2020 NSW, AUS
Tom Trbojevic 2020 NSW, AUS
Daniel Saifiti 2020 NSW
Manu 2020 QLD
Mitchell 2020 NSW, AUS

Also need a halfback and hooker. Probably need to steal someone on contract. Get to work and show us something.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy could coach the Titans and turn them into a top four side. If you think he's only a good coach because he had Smith, Slater and Cronk then you're delusional. Only Smith remains and they're first by six points, yet you still think he's an average coach?
FMD, once again please feel free quote a post where I said Bellamy was an "average" coach. All I have posted, many times, is that Bellamy will always be questioned unless/until he coaches a team without 3 or 4 players of their generation, AKA future immortals.

So just to clarify, you rate Napa and Meaney as good players and smart signings and Drinkwater a dud?
Again WTF, where did you get that from, please feel free to quote where I posted that. What I have said was Drinkwater is new and untested. Before passing judgement we should see how he goes when, say, 2nd year syndrome sets in and every team has watched hundreds of hours of video and picked his game to pieces. I can only imagine what the hate posts on TK would be like when so many pick on Meaney for being a lightweight and Drinkwater is 6 cm shorter and 3 kgs lighter. Plus I don't for one second back away from my belief that we needed ASAP a high quality, experienced, speedy fullback and DWZ fits that (and Drinkwater plainly doesn't).

Go Dogs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD, once again please feel free quote a post where I said Bellamy was an "average" coach. All I have posted, many times, is that Bellamy will always be questioned unless/until he coaches a team without 3 or 4 players of their generation, AKA future immortals.

Again WTF, where did you get that from, please feel free to quote where I posted that. What I have said was Drinkwater is new and untested. Before passing judgement we should see how he goes when, say, 2nd year syndrome sets in and every team has watched hundreds of hours of video and picked his game to pieces. I can only imagine what the hate posts on TK would be like when so many pick on Meaney for being a lightweight and Drinkwater is 6 cm shorter and 3 kgs lighter. Plus I don't for one second back away from my belief that we needed ASAP a high quality, experienced, speedy fullback and DWZ fits that (and Drinkwater plainly doesn't).

Go Dogs
Bellamy never purchased complete immortals or superstars, just like for example the Roosters.

Bellamy brought up Smith, Cronk and Slater as teenagers and over the years with his coaching, systems in place and other forces and factors, turned them to what they were/are.

He is doing very similar things with Munster and Papenhouzen.

Bellamy is a club/career coach and not a representative coach, where they get to choose the best from the best

To say he will be questioned because he had 3 immortals is rubbish. It's rubbish because he created these immortals, from their NRL debuts to pretty much there last game of 1st grade footy (obviously Cronk moved away at the end of his career for a nice piece of meat)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another
Bellamy never purchased complete immortals or superstars, just like for example the Roosters.

Bellamy brought up Smith, Cronk and Slater as teenagers and over the years with his coaching, systems in place and other forces and factors, turned them to what they were/are.

Bellamy is a club/career coach and not a representative coach, where they get to choose the best from the best

To say he will be questioned because he had 3 immortals is rubbish. It's rubbish because he created these immortals, from their NRL debuts to pretty much there last game of 1st grade footy (obviously Cronk moved away at the end of his career for a nice piece of meat)
Dont worry about him bud.
His doctor will fix him up more meds soon.
Hes going on with the same bullshit in every single thread.
Hes right ya know and the other 99.99 percent of people are completely wrong.
Just let him have it. He has fuck all on bellamy and it kills him so he just goes on with complete rubbish endlessly about it.
Poor bloke his mother must be worried sick about him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Since some continue to deliberately misinterpret what I post. let's try the reverse.
So what you are saying is Cronk, Slater and Smith were complete turds and Bellamy magically polished them into diamonds.
That without Bellamy coaching them they would have been nobodies, never even made it to NRL level.
That when Inlgis was no longer coached by Bellamy that he was hopeless,faded into obscurity.
Ditto Cronk, totally lost it without Bellamy coaching him.
That we sent Kasiano to Bellamy and he did the same, magically turned him in to a diamond (sic).
With all that magic ability to turn rocks into diamonds, yet he has only won 2 premierships in his 16 years (without the highest ever level of cheating).

I could go on, but that's what taking what someone says and blowing it out of proportion. Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis all had extraordinary abilities and Bellamy recognised and harnessed that. If he wants to be recognised at the Bennett, Sheens, Gibson level (winning premiership with more than one team) or even the Proven level (robbed of it at the Sharks) then he has to coach another team to an NRL premiership. That's my view, one that is shared by many.

Go Dogs