Official Bulldogs release Rhyse Martin to Super League

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For stuffing him around in and out of first grade and giving him shitty minutes.. then the club is like "ooohhhh please stay with us"..
Yeah i bet the club were on their hands and knees begging to re-sign him.

We have way too many edge forwards and we need to offload a couple of more of them atleast, starting with Elliott

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow liked him as a player what a shame he left should of been signed

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocks or diamonds plonker but an extraordinary goal kicker. Not that bigger loss .

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When he was our clubs savoir to many fans you know you are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was indeed Taylforth.
Sure mate those are the names Rhodes, Greaves, Ryan.

Agree with you, let’s get positive, cop that we are where we are and be patient as we dig ourselves out of it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch him singing the team song with the boys, he loves the place, doesn’t look like a bloke who wanted to leave...more like a bloke who was pushed off the plank.
I spoke to Rhyse yesterday before the game and I just sort of got the feeling that there was not ,shall we say, a mutual agreement between club and player. He was appreciative of the well wishes but made a strange remark about him not playing because they couldn't risk him ,obviously probably meaning the club did not want to jeopardize the move with injury and the fact it was so close to the end of June 30 deadline...the rumours were there when we arrived at ANZ but unless I completely shut off and missed an announcement at the ground no official notification to people there, so no one was any the wiser about him not playing. Social media delivered the news BEFORE the club did. No goodbye or farewell from the crowd...

Was a strange one indeed . So, so far this year we have moved on Anderson and Saddler (one a development player and one a top 30) moved on Martin and Tualau and then replaced them from within by Roumanous and Kalache, promoted another couple to development squad.

Talk yesterday was a player swap with England but that is now way off beam.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I spoke to Rhyse yesterday before the game and I just sort of got the feeling that there was not ,shall we say, a mutual agreement between club and player. He was appreciative of the well wishes but made a strange remark about him not playing because they couldn't risk him ,obviously probably meaning the club did not want to jeopardize the move with injury and the fact it was so close to the end of June 30 deadline...the rumours were there when we arrived at ANZ but unless I completely shut off and missed an announcement at the ground no official notification to people there, so no one was any the wiser about him not playing. Social media delivered the news BEFORE the club did. No goodbye or farewell from the crowd...

Was a strange one indeed . So, so far this year we have moved on Anderson and Saddler (one a development player and one a top 30) moved on Martin and Tualau and then replaced them from within by Roumanous and Kalache, promoted another couple to development squad.

Thanks for the info on Rhyse. Very disapointing. We train these guys up, they learn our club ways, have a great first year and get stuffed around by non selection for plodders and we then pss them off unceremoniously. Our club must have a very poor reputation amongst players and their managers...Not the best way to handle things.

Yes he lost form but who would thrive when getting stuffed around by Pay for Adam bloody Elliott.

Now Roumous? elevated. Happy for him but who, of the 2 players, is more valuable towards winning a game for cellar dwellers like us.

The retention/recruitment committee poor and Dean Pay very sub par in enhancing our players form.

Hope Martin does well over there and gets back into NRL from that platform. Shabby treatment from the family club..pffft.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I noticed on FB yet another article from the Club saying that it was Rhyse's decision to leave, he was offered a contract extension for 2020 but wanted to go. I don't know about you lot but the more someone try's to tell me something the more I suspect the other. I don't know anything about these lazy training comments I have heard but on face value I think he was fuked around like a few other's with the crappy team selections. I don't like how the Club are treating the players we have. Your fine if your in the favourite's club (whether your crap or not) but your history if your in the other club (whether your crap or not), very unprofessional and certainly not the right direction.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I noticed on FB yet another article from the Club saying that it was Rhyse's decision to leave, he was offered a contract extension for 2020 but wanted to go. I don't know about you lot but the more someone try's to tell me something the more I suspect the other. I don't know anything about these lazy training comments I have heard but on face value I think he was fuked around like a few other's with the crappy team selections. I don't like how the Club are treating the players we have. Your fine if your in the favourite's club (whether your crap or not) but your history if your in the other club (whether your crap or not), very unprofessional and certainly not the right direction.
There is a reason to every story, but we will never know.

We have already brought in a edge forward in CHN and now they have purchased Stimson, so there is something they dont like about our current edge forwards.

One thing i have noticed this year, is every single edge forward which has played, has been abysmal in defence, and i mean every single one of them. For me this comes down to our defensive structures, because if it wasn't than it would only be a player or two who would be "off", and that would only be for a game or two.

Martin 11 games 33 missed tackles
Elliott 12 games 33 missed tackles
Jackson 15 games 37 missed tackles
CHN 12 games 58 missed tackles

Side note: Dylan Napa 11 games 40 missed tackles

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe that’s why he was out of favour ie rejected the deal

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've now released 2 players with first grade experience in Tualau and Martin and replaced them with 2 players with no first grade experience, well done

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've now released 2 players with first grade experience in Tualau and Martin and replaced them with 2 players with no first grade experience, well done
Tualau was not showing enough signs to gain first grade selection and martin had been patchy, bringing up two young players with potential makes more sense for the future.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And "it's a young team" says Dean.

Getting younger and less experienced all the time!

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good.

They promoted 2 players who will now be on minimum wage and the left over money can be used for better players who have first grade experience.

You're not going to stockpile a 30 man squad with every player having first grade experience under the salary cap

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And replaced them with 2 young players who will probably be very useful to us in the future.

It is a 30 man squad. We can't play all 30 players. Why not blood a couple of players with potential.

Banned
Reaction score
Pay is chasing the youngest average age for a FG side record!

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the insight bro. Far better than all the bullshit speculation (mine included).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just watching Leeds v Castleford. Seems wierd seeing rhyse in another Jersey.