Is there something wrong with Napa?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look at his stats.... Games before fucked ankle were really good. Games after Fucked ankle were average and in recent games worse again (wrist fucked).

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well apparently his been dropped from qld

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa's a turtle yet he looked to have had more impact than Napa today.
Hopa is a great player and a very strong leader of our young team. We’d be down the tubes even more without him this season. Stop hating on him and you’ll see the good. It’s very hard to see good in anyone you’ve passed pre meditated aspersions on.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is More of a speed bump for attackers. He bounces off players and even sometimes completely misses them. He was and never will be the answer to dogs of war.

On another note I think he will be a better impact player off the bench when we get our cap sorted. We need bigger bodies up front in beginning of matches and then the likes of Napa coming on with tired defence will suit him more I think
Napa is deadset one of the biggest forwards with the likes of Klemmer in the Comp.

I said one of u fuckers so don’t bombard me with your rubbish. I’m well aware there’s bigger forwards.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Soft ****
Panic buy
Pay buy
Waste of cap space

At best, he is a bench forward which gets carried by a good pack. We have a shit pack and his shitness is exposed.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS now people are realising why I have been calling him Crapa for the majority of the year...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Frightening to think this bunch of muppets who bought him have 8.5 mill to spend next year. OMG

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopa is a great player and a very strong leader of our young team. We’d be down the tubes even more without him this season. Stop hating on him and you’ll see the good. It’s very hard to see good in anyone you’ve passed pre meditated aspersions on.
Hate? I like Hoppa. Did ok for us at fullback, has good hands and is experienced. He's had to endure years of playing in an average team. He had a good game yesterday. 'Fact' is he is slow as and for a long time more often than not gets gets dominated in attack. He runs the ball without conviction. So going back to my original comment regarding Napa, it would seem a compliment to Hoppa in the context of which it was written. When did the bar get set so low for us.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I'm honest I tried to fool myself that him (Napa) coming after Klemmer walked out on us was an equal replacement. Klemmer just annoyed me so much when the hits just kept coming that I wanted it to be "who cares".

The truth is that Napa was never going to be equal as he is fairly ordinary and as enforcers go he fails at the task. Wasted money IMO.

Who said he was going I
To be equal of klemmer?

I’m pretty sure we ain’t paying the same amount so obviously he ain’t equal.

One is an Australian rep player the other just makes a Queensland origin side that doesn’t have too much depth.

Yes he was klemmer’s replacement but I don’t think anyone said he was equal to klemmer..

Napa would be a great Bench player for us if we could get rid of tolman, and have two big bodied props start the game

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apologies to @Bob dog For the language in my opening post..

I just hated his dirty tactics and his fearless tackles when we played against him.. But secretly wished we had a player like that. Then he comes over and plays like a marshmallow dipped in sprinkles .

He's so soft, he turns into a shapeless object and melts into the ground as soon as he gets touched.. So frustrating...
Probably easy to play the aggressor off the bench in a dominant pack like the Roosters, sadly here he needs to lead and he is a big fucking pansy in that role.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah his average at best the big pappie

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
See how he goes after the bye, maybe he is still sore, gotta get some aggression out of him, if we don't get it then bench him.
Start Ogden.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See how he goes after the bye, maybe he is still sore, gotta get some aggression out of him, if we don't get it then bench him.
Start Ogden.
Or a better side (Roosters) know a lot better. Alarm bells should sound if the Roosters couldn’t care less if he leaves...they in recent times don’t get many wrong!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are we allowed to just pay out the rest of his contract and release him for free? We can sign someone with more ability for 300-400k cheaper. At the time of signing Napa, I think we were linked with Fonua-Blake and T. Burgess to. Safe to say we got the worst out of the lot.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Are we allowed to just pay out the rest of his contract and release him for free? We can sign someone with more ability for 300-400k cheaper. At the time of signing Napa, I think we were linked with Fonua-Blake and T. Burgess to. Safe to say we got the worst out of the lot.

Thing is it's best to develop those gun forwards in your junior ranks. Hell of a lot cheaper. And as other teams starting biting at those guys, you hopefully have another batch coming through.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
tbh it's hard to assess any players performances individually in our current team. Everything is such a mess that I don't think any player could possibly play to their potential.