Official Bulldogs release Rhyse Martin to Super League

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on him for getting a SL gig, an overseas adventure.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was good to see him singing the team song one last time.....Brett Read on triple m said dean pay hasn't been happy with his defence all year. You could say that about a few of our forwards this year.

Even though chris smith hasn't really set the world alight he does hit hard in defence. Just doesn't offer much in attack.
Impressed with sue today , he had good leg speed and a few offloads

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if we had an entry in the Bathurst 1000...... the bright ***** in our club would turn up with a tractor!

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
hope we are not chasing Merrin, he's a bit overrated.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Martin was offered a contract extension by the Bulldogs
As if that's not a massive FUCK YOU to the club... heads off to Leeds instead effective immediately.

Wakeham will be in the side every week now as else we don't have a goal kicker.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is still 4 hours to go, who knows what's going to happen.

Go Dogs
Dont know what is going to happen, but i cannot wait for the Bevan Fucken French rumour to be over and done with for good

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As if that's not a massive FUCK YOU to the club... heads off to Leeds instead effective immediately.

Fuck you how?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Pay probably only offered him minimum for that one year extn. I went back thru the archives to check and Pay has been stuffing Martin around since early last year with selections. Obviously had it out for the guy. Maybe Martin or Georgalis will tell all down the track.

I wish Rhyse had stayed and out lasted Pay the Peanut.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch him singing the team song with the boys, he loves the place, doesn’t look like a bloke who wanted to leave...more like a bloke who was pushed off the plank.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Martin was a lazy trainer and lazy on D when on the field.

He has taken the easy option and gone to a comp where he doesn't need to train as hard or concentrate as hard on defence.

Says more about him than the Dogs.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
KICKING ACE
30th June 2019
By Phil Daly

Leeds Rhinos have boosted their squad for the run in of the Betfred Super League season with the signing of Papua New Guinean international second row Rhyse Martin, 26, from NRL side Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on a two and half year contract.

The Rhinos take on Catalans Dragons at Emerald Headingley this afternoon, kick off 3pm.

The second rower burst onto the NRL scene last season with the Bulldogs when he kicked 36 goals from 38 attempts in his debut season for a 94.7% success rate. He played 14 matches last season, scoring 4 tries as well and has added a further 11 appearances this season, kicking another 13 goals.

Born in Cairns, Queensland, he is of Papua New Guinean descent through his father and has ten caps for the Kumuls including the recent test against Samoa.

He joined in Sydney Roosters in 2010 and subsequently moved to the Bulldogs in 2016, making his NRL debut in Round 9 last season, starting at second-row and scoring a try with his first ever touch. Having racked up 88 points in the NRL, he was then part of the Bulldogs NSW Cup team, captaining them to victory in the NSW Cup Grand Final, kicking 3 goals in the 18-12 victory. The following week, he scored a try and five goals in the State Championship Final win over Queensland Cup winners the Redcliffe Dolphins.

Commenting on signing for the Rhinos, Martin said, “It is great to get the deal sorted and I am looking forward to getting started with Leeds. The move has come about very quickly. I came close to signing for Leeds last year but opted to stay at the Bulldogs. The club have kept me in their plans and I am pleased things have now worked out. I know the team are in a tough position at the moment but I want to come over and hopefully play my part in getting Leeds back where we want to be.”

Director of Rugby Kevin Sinfield said, “We are pleased to have secured Rhyse. He is a talented player who will add to our squad. He enjoyed an impressive debut season in the NRL last season and is keen to be part of the Rhinos squad as we build towards the future. He is an international and a consistent goal kicker who will bring competition to our squad.”

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2019/06/30/rhinos-boost-squad-with-capture-of-goal-kicking-ace/

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All our edge forwards are atrocious in defence

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin was a lazy trainer and lazy on D when on the field.

He has taken the easy option and gone to a comp where he doesn't need to train as hard or concentrate as hard on defence.

Says more about him than the Dogs.
You’re a nob jokey

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch him singing the team song with the boys, he loves the place, doesn’t look like a bloke who wanted to leave...more like a bloke who was pushed off the plank.
Bingo
But he did get a very good offer from Leeds
And he gets to see the world playing against catalans (France) and Toronto (Canada) in the other comp
His form has been shit because the guy didn’t know whether he was coming or going
Dicked around from round 1

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re a nob jokey
What an intelligent and well thought out argument to the truth.

How can I argue with such a detailed reply.

Your intelligence astounds me.

Glad you didn't let the truth get in your way.