Official Round 15 - Press Conference

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Today was nothing but PROOF this team can play good footy. A better coach would get so much out of this team.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol we only won because Shaun Johnson missed so many conversions. We got 2 points, but I don't see this as a win at all.
So a kickers conversion rate is the mark of who should take the points? Credit where its due mate we played ok and deserved this one

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So a kickers conversion rate is the mark of who should take the points? Credit where its due mate we played ok and deserved this one
Not always but in this circumstance I reckon it is.

Yes we had some awesome plays and got away to a good lead. Credit there. But they scored 3 times and us only 2. We were clinging on by our teeth for the last 30 mins, and if SJ got just one of those conversions we would have been toast. There is no way we would have nailed a field goal before they did.

We are lucky as hell that the Sharks were off today.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is right.

They are a young team and the club is rebuilding.

But, Pay isnt the man for the job

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are lucky as hell that the Sharks were off today.
But in fairness Sharks got gifted a try that wasn't one, and two others got marched onto our goal line for them.

Sharks got lucky as hell today with the refs calls otherwise they'd have been 0 at full time.

Try 1: The same reason they called a no try to Xerri, they awarded a try to Feki (Moylan obstructed play).
Try 2: Nikora knocks on after a strip whilst trying to score.
Try 3: Dugan was in front of Moylan.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he say anything about Foran injury?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is merit to all opinions here.
Postives:
- We WON (FMD WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT).
- We copped some dodgy ass calls (But whats new?)
- We scrapped it out to the final buzzer to hold on
- There was actually some line speed and kick chase (Amazing what some energy can do)
- Our line speed for the first time this year did put pressure on play makers and forced errors
- It was almost a full strength sharts team.
- We did it without Foran for ~50 minutes

Negatives:
- The sharks were definitely off today. They look flat and Moylan was terrible (I almost thought he had put some money on the dogs to win at $4)
- We still only scored two tries
- Most teams still would have beaten us
- Had SJ even kicked one of the goals he missed, we likely would have lost.

I am still mind blown over the Nikora try (Although great for supercoach) when he literally did the exact same thing back to CHN and the ref called it a knock on.
There is no clearer example of bias than this.

Anyway, we got one over the peptides and I'm happy about it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
But in fairness Sharks got gifted a try that wasn't one, and two others got marched onto our goal line for them.

Sharks got lucky as hell today with the refs calls otherwise they'd have been 0 at full time.

Try 1: The same reason they called a no try to Xerri, they awarded a try to Feki (Moylan obstructed play).
Try 2: Nikora knocks on after a strip whilst trying to score.
Try 3: Dugan was in front of Moylan.
Yeah that is true, but bad ref calls are always going to happen. Sometimes they benefit you as well.