Opinion Montoya

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not his biggest fan but to be fair, I don’t think he was that bad today.
He’s defence was ok especially towards the end so it shows that they have it in them but can’t do it consistently

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Been saying this all year he is shit but Pay keeps picking him. Why do you think Sharks scored all there points down his side.
Because that’s the side the refs gave the unwarranted penalties on.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent watched the last 30 minutes of the game yet as I was out yesterday BUT, what I saw in the first 50, he didnt look THAT bad.
He did absolutely rock Nikora early in the game which was great to see.
He is never going to be your first choice outside back but a squad player.
Maybe this criticism comes from the last half an hour of play but I thought he had a dig today.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How people can have a go at Montoya over his game yesterday puzzles me. Bloke won the game for us with a try saving tackle.

Put the bloke back on the wing where be belongs and bring Lewis into the centres.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How people can have a go at Montoya over his game yesterday puzzles me. Bloke won the game for us with a try saving tackle.

Put the bloke back on the wing where be belongs and bring Lewis into the centres.
Reimis did most of the work in that tackle I’m not sure Montoya gets him in time but still deserves plenty of credit for not giving up.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been saying this all year he is shit but Pay keeps picking him. Why do you think Sharks scored all there points down his side.
They scored down his side because he had a fb on his outside and a rookie on his inside. Due to this cronulla ran many plays in his direction!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reimis did most of the work in that tackle I’m not sure Montoya gets him in time but still deserves plenty of credit for not giving up.
Reimis arrived about the same time.

But more the concern is who let that break occur straight up the guts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reimis arrived about the same time.

But more the concern is who let that break occur straight up the guts.
Reimis got there a little bit quicker which made Williams change his angle.

It was just really unlucky they even made that break because the chase on the kick was great. Everything went right for Williams when he stuck his foot out. In most cases the ball wouldn’t have stopped like it did and he would have had to dive on it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya has 'come good' but still has some improvement to go to be a top class centre.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see Lewis squeezed back into the team again soon
Bring him back as a centre,defence is very good and might take pressure off regarding kicking all the time

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I thought Montoya was good yesterday.

Runs hard, tackles hard and plays with heart...

His only problem is defensive against the block plays, he looks like he has no idea, this has to be a coaching thing surely...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Reimis got there a little bit quicker which made Williams change his angle.

It was just really unlucky they even made that break because the chase on the kick was great. Everything went right for Williams when he stuck his foot out. In most cases the ball wouldn’t have stopped like it did and he would have had to dive on it.
Should have been a grubber kick into touch.