Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do know you are still last.
Are you a weirdo or something? It’s two points, it’s a step in the right direction to avoid the spoon. It’s not gonna help if we lost today.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where would this team be if Foran had come to the club fully fit?

I was a big supporter of getting Foz to the club and he has a great football mind and is as hard as nails but he's got getting any younger and he is so injury prone.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He shouldn’t of been picked, his not ready
6 missed tackles to 9 made
I watch nsw Cup his defence efficiency’s are there for all to see
Anyone that watches it will tel, you the same
Muppet
Defence was always going to be an issue, but the kid showed me enough to keep him in the halves with Cogger whilst Foran is injured and hopefully Lewis to hooker when fit.

Decision time with Meaney, if Okunbor's back as he should be as soon as he's fit, then does Pay keep Meaney and replace Montoya or drop him to reserves as DWZ looks great at fullback.

Personally I would like to see Meaney in first grade and drop Montoya, I know his defence could be an issue but I want too see him get more first grade experience this season before writing him off.

I've seen enough of Montoya to know he isn't the answer on the wing or centres.

Perhaps R Smith or Okunbor can be tried at centre and Meaney remains on the wing.

I've also seen enough of Hoppa over the years and wouldn't mind him being replaced in first grade by Crichton to see what he has before writing him off also.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Defence was always going to be an issue, but the kid showed me enough to keep him in the halves with Cogger whilst Foran is injured and hopefully Lewis to hooker when fit.
Decision time with Meaney, if Okunbor's back as he should be as soon as he's fit, then does Pay keep Meaney and replace Montoya or drop him to reserves as DWZ looks great at fullback.
Personally I would like to see Meaney in first grade and drop Montoya, I know his defence could be an issue but I want too see him get more first grade experience this season before writing him off.
I've seen enough of Montoya to know he isn't the answer on the wing or centres.
Perhaps R Smith or Okunbor can be tried at centre and Meaney remains on the wing.
I've also seen enough of Hoppa over the years and wouldn't mind him being replaced in first grade by Chichton to see what he has before writing him off also.
We won the game, FFS don't mess with a winning formula, keep the team exactly as it is, we have 2 weeks, maybe Foran can do the miraculous recovery trick again.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interested to know if Foran didn’t get injured where and when Pay would use Wakeham

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won the game, FFS don't mess with a winning formula, keep the team exactly as it is, we have 2 weeks, maybe Foran can do the miraculous recovery trick again.

Go Dogs
I just believe we should use the remainder of this season to determine who really has potential to assist in our much needed cleanout whenever it happens.

If we can't determine players like Hoppa, Montoya or Lichaa's future by now then when will we.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was ok at the back but ok isn’t good enough/ DWZ backing up today that’s bread and butter FB play that Meaney hasn’t mastered yet

He needs to put on some size
Regardless of whether Meaney puts on muscle n size - he has to learn to not give up as soon as defending player goes near him. Guys like gutherson, brimson, edwards etc seem about the same size but fight every tackle. Meaney I don't recall taking any hard runs coming out of their own end. his kick offs were weak as well - reminded me of coaching non rep jun sides we would let the players who were there just to make up the numbers do all the kick offs and kicks for touch - got them involved. PC before its time

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
He shouldn’t of been picked, his not ready
6 missed tackles to 9 made
I watch nsw Cup his defence efficiency’s are there for all to see
Anyone that watches it will tel, you the same
Muppet
Exactly, words like he shouldn’t be picked agree, but throwing words like he should be fucked off when you yourself say he isn’t ready tell me your missing something upstairs

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, words like he shouldn’t be picked agree, but throwing words like he should be fucked off when you yourself say he isn’t ready tell me your missing something upstairs
So you can handle the nice way of putting it but not the naughty way ?
Sorry you got sand In your vagina

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Glad we got the win for you and your boy mate
Stick it to those sharks supporters lol
Cheers man and boy have I been... gave it to my wife most of the hour and a half trip home until she threatened to withhold certain things... needless to say I shut up pretty quickly after that

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lucky charm mate!!
Damn should have taken him to a game sooner... just didn’t want to subject him to the horrors of being a dogs fan this year. Might just have to take him to a few more though and we might just avoid the wooden spoon

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me Or is it so goood seeing the all time losing player Paul Gallen having he shits that we beat his Sharks?
Bloody awesome.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You forgot Hoppa

You being the biggest Hoppa hater I’m not surprised you conveniently forgot
It wasnt convenient at all that I forgot Hoppa. He played better than he has been but is still a borderline first grader.
He usually misses a heap of tackles, is usually out of position, and he is far to slow. But, today was one of his better games.

Status
Not open for further replies.