Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dafuq ??
That’s not what she says at all.
She said they got a prop and a kicker because that’s what they needed then.
Doing a similar thing now would be finding a hooker and fb/half.
When they start signing some decent players in the positions we need and replace the coach I'll be on-board. DWZ was a good start.

Right now I see a very 1990's style plan - buy some fringe first graders hoping we can turn them into superstars, signing every player from Pays under 20's origin team. The players Pay identified and signed don't fill me with confidence - Priest, Olive, Critchton, Meaney, Cogger and the like.

A coach that probably tells the players to go out and play what's in front of them with no real game plan.

You seem happy with the board which is fine, I'm not here to change anyone's mind, I just don't agree and I think they could be taking better action to repair the issues we have. Time will tell how successful they will be, I just don't want to be speaking about more wasted years come 2022.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My point is, with dwz,Stimson and napa, do you think we can win the co.p next year mate?
This is exactly why the Napa signing was completely ridiculous. The bloke has been dead average for the Roosters yet we stupidly took him off their hands and put him on a big deal. Said at the time he wouldn't improve us and what do you know we're now running dead last.

That rumoured 500k (I believe it's more) could've been used so much better by the club considering all the player movement right now. We could've also retained someone like Burr on minimum salary who actually wanted to be at the dogs and reward him for a strong season in reserves. He's no star but the Warriors have got decent value out of him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly why the Napa signing was completely ridiculous. The bloke has been dead average for the Roosters yet we stupidly took him off their hands and put him on a big deal. Said at the time he wouldn't improve us and what do you know we're now running dead last.

That rumoured 500k (I believe it's more) could've been used so much better by the club considering all the player movement right now. We could've also retained someone like Burr on minimum salary who actually wanted to be at the dogs and reward him for a strong season in reserves. He's no star but the Warriors have got decent value out of him.
The bloke napa is on 2 m over 3 years but we will get the denials on here for sure ...but we saved money that's the main thing right?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If building around young players is the focus, which it should be, then why have the Andersons tolerated Pay not playing our best youngsters when the season is already over?

Hopefully soon a coaching change is made and whoever takes over is told that they have to play Ogden, To'omaga, Harper, Wakeham, Lewis, Okunbur, Kalache the rest of the season so they can get experience and we can see whether they're part of the future or not.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So does this story indicate that Pay's job as head coach is safe into next season?
With the xoach whisper and all.

There was another thread that Pay told the playing group his job was under real threat.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see any reason why Lynne or Hill could not come out and "respond" "correct" or if the words are not to harsh "criticize" "attack" the comments made by skum reporters like the (noxious weed) Weidlier. I'm certain it can be done without giving away clubs secrets.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, have you (the collective you) never ever in your life thought, “I’m pretty good at this but I’d like to be even better”. So I’m going to find someone who can help me improve. FFS why do you think Roger Federer has a coach? Would you say to RF, “it’s damn worrying (your words) that you have a coach, you shouldn’t need one”. Rather narcissistic to think that you are perfect and don’t need any improvement. That’s why RF has been at the top for so long, he’s always looking for ways to improve. Knocking someone for doing the same is naive in the extreme.

Go Dogs
Yes certainly you are correct Roger needed a coach because he wanted to improve. But when you have a coach who is supposed to be able to communicate ideas and support and advise the players he is coaching and then you realise he needs to have some one train him new skills how to communicate , well I find it hard to understand. I support and encourage everyone to get better as players and individual, what I am saying is didnt the club notice he needed these improvements earlier? I am not saying Pay should not have all the support and assistance he needs. But all means give him that . What i raised as worrying was the club just realised that the coach needed some help to be able to communicate with players now. I didnt say he shouldnt get that help.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes certainly you are correct Roger needed a coach because he wanted to improve. But when you have a coach who is supposed to be able to communicate ideas and support and advise the players he is coaching and then you realise he needs to have some one train him new skills how to communicate , well I find it hard to understand. I support and encourage everyone to get better as players and individual, what I am saying is didnt the club notice he needed these improvements earlier? I am not saying Pay should not have all the support and assistance he needs. But all means give him that . What i raised as worrying was the club just realised that the coach needed some help to be able to communicate with players now. I didnt say he shouldnt get that help.
Dean needs more than help with communication skills. He needs a Director of Coaching to help with that other skill so necessary to winning football games.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean needs more than help with communication skills. He needs a Director of Coaching to help with that other skill so necessary to winning football games.
How had he lasted this long in the junior ranks coaching if he carnt communicate effectively

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have no idea. Anderson's need to go and the whole done shit all board

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give em a go, I'm for pay to be sacked his a joke but I'm afraid will take 3 to 5 to be a massive force if they buy correctly

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or make 1500 kids' parents pay for entry while they dance on the field. Great ploy...
To be fair, other clubs pull this stunt (kniggits, looking at you)

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talks about a new coach whisperer & rebuild , just included the bit from Lynne on our rebuil below...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...isperer-to-help-dean-pay-20190629-p522ln.html

Lynne Anderson said the Bulldogs are doing everything they can to make Pay work as coach.

‘‘And we do have a plan to rebuild,’’ she said. ‘‘We need to make wise choices. We need to build from the ground up. Chris did it in the ’90s ... he has talked about it with me. He said that back then they rebuilt around developing young players, but they targeted a front-rower and a goalkicker. He got Marty Bella and Daryl Halligan and we went from there. We have a similar plan. It worked then and it can work again. We can do it.’’
And this my friends is why we play like dinosaurs. We are being run by dinosaurs thinking that a prehistoric plan will win us comps. Oh ffs shoot me now I can't take this shit any more.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this my friends is why we play like dinosaurs. We are being run by dinosaurs thinking that a prehistoric plan will win us comps. Oh ffs shoot me now I can't take this shit any more.
They think they will get re-elected lol.
Come Feb 2020, the current board will come 'armed' to the elections with a wooden spoon,no marquee signing and no major sponsor and blame the previous board...
This is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.