News George Burgess facing long suspension for eye gouge (UPDATE: 9 match suspension)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8-12 weeks for that with no pay.
This I totally agree with. Why should a club, oh wait a second, let's backtrack a little. Why should fans of a club suffer due to a player being banned for several weeks for such disgraceful acts???
Any offence like this should be suspension without pay. So let's say George gets 12 weeks, it should be without pay, and the money the club saves could then be used to forward pay a other player to give them more wiggle room next year.
Let's say George is on about $500k, he should lose $120k for this! You can be sure as fuck this would stop him doing it again!!! Because as it is right now, he will get an all expenses paid 12 week holiday. What a joke!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burgess is lucky his finger didnt get bitten off because thats what he deserves. His done it before and a suspension is not enough. It was also deliberate. Get rid off the grub

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can see it now.

Burgess will declare himself a Qlder, make himself available for SOO3 and cop a $1500 fine.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Once a grubby scummy ****, always a grubby scummy ****. The whole family are pieces of shit who need to fuck off back to England ASAP.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And this is exactly the reason they shouldn’t have taken the biff out of the game
Yeah, grubby poofs know they can get away with being grubs IE like Ennis and the other dirty *****.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, grubby poofs know they can get away with being grubs IE like Ennis and the other dirty *****.
Yeah this type of dirty shit is on the rise because the grubs know there are no consequences on the field or otherwise

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This I totally agree with. Why should a club, oh wait a second, let's backtrack a little. Why should fans of a club suffer due to a player being banned for several weeks for such disgraceful acts???
Any offence like this should be suspension without pay. So let's say George gets 12 weeks, it should be without pay, and the money the club saves could then be used to forward pay a other player to give them more wiggle room next year.
Let's say George is on about $500k, he should lose $120k for this! You can be sure as fuck this would stop him doing it again!!! Because as it is right now, he will get an all expenses paid 12 week holiday. What a joke!
When a player gets suspended it's up to the club if they want to pay him or not.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ennis the loud mouthed wanker. Used to talk shit then run behind the forwards like a little bitch.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Throw the book at him. I still can't believe McGuire got away with it twice. They should retroactively be able to suspend him for those. Or have someone poke his eye out and see how he likes it.

I don't know why these clowns are eye gouging all of a sudden but this suspension should ensure it stops pretty quickly.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
GB has to be the dumbest footballer ever to play in the NRL......if he's not dropping the ball and giving away penalties he's getting suspended for weeks on end. He hasn't played consistently decent footy since 2014 and has become a massive liability. This latest brain snap will probably end his career in the NRL. Will be in Super league next year imo.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Vunivalu has some sh@t in his game also....

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw the book at him. I still can't believe McGuire got away with it twice. They should retroactively be able to suspend him for those. Or have someone poke his eye out and see how he likes it.

I don't know why these clowns are eye gouging all of a sudden but this suspension should ensure it stops pretty quickly.
He is the last person that should be doing it. The guy is legally blind in one eye and is happy to eye gouge opponents....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. McGuire
2. Barge-Arse brothers
3. Vindaloo from the Storm
4. Warea-Hargreaves
5. Smith

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the refs or touch judges or the boys in the box see these grub acts clearly...
Why are they not being sent straight off ?