News Senior Dogs want more respect shown to Pay's regime

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Old school.. nobody is more old school at the dogs in their playing style at the moment than Lewis in my opinion.. where is the kid Tolman?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"He's a fantastic coach and great for this place. He's really good for the players, gives us confidence and prepares us really well.

Oh dear.......well he may be in the players minds but what about Pay being good for the fans, give us some confidence and prepare us really well for the weekly flogging....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Headline: Dogs fans want senior players to respect the club by kindly taking a pay cut that represents your worth to the football team
They already took the pay cut earlier in their contracts, we are simply paying them back now for what they didn't get paid years ago.

Go Dogs

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
They already took the pay cut earlier in their contracts, we are simply paying them back now for what they didn't get paid years ago.

Go Dogs
Ok there was a sense of cynicism tossed in with a flash of sarcasm in that post but while we are here do you really think that Foran took a pay cut on the 1st two years of his contract?

It's been reported that he is on 1.2 million next year and even if his 1st year or two was on 800k or above that is still way overs before we even get to the back ended portion of his contract. I would imagine there are quite a few others who are payed well above market value over their whole contracts.

Our last premiership was because the playing group took pay cuts not took the club for a ride. Melbourne players take pay cuts to play with great players under a great coach. Roosters and Broncos are another 2 successful clubs that are vocal in the media about their players taking pay cuts.

Just tossing it out there that if the players really gave a shit about success and winning than those players in our team that are being payed as elite players can toss some of that money back in the hat to represent their average playing status :sweatsmile:

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Your partner must cringe every morning they hear your voice....

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Respect is earned... Pick the right team, win so F£&King football games and stop making excuses.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't have the cattle. I get that part but Pay has disappointed me as far as selections & game day decisions go. Toomaga not getting a look in. His constant selections of Montoya fualalo Elliot ... playing Meany on the wing in a modern game of footy. Our last win we were ahead by 6 with a goal to kick and Meany took the kick and missed with Martin on the paddock. Why do fualalo and tolman constantly take hit ups and kill all momentum in oppositions 25? There are just too many anomalies for me to not think that Pay is totally out of his depth. Rumors that he is pulling players aside for advice seems unusual to say the least. Something just doesn't add up to me. It get harder by the week for us to attract any real talent to the club with Pay as coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We don't have the cattle. I get that part but Pay has disappointed me as far as selections & game day decisions go. Toomaga not getting a look in. His constant selections of Montoya fualalo Elliot ... playing Meany on the wing in a modern game of footy. Our last win we were ahead by 6 with a goal to kick and Meany took the kick and missed with Martin on the paddock. Why do fualalo and tolman constantly take hit ups and kill all momentum in oppositions 25? There are just too many anomalies for me to not think that Pay is totally out of his depth. Rumors that he is pulling players aside for advice seems unusual to say the least. Something just doesn't add up to me. It get harder by the week for us to attract any real talent to the club with Pay as coach.
There would not be any FG coach in the NRL who would have Elliott, Faulolo, Smith (at least!) in their team over Toomaga. Crazy selections.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There would not be any FG coach in the NRL who would have Elliott, Faulolo, Smith (at least!) in their team over Toomaga. Crazy selections.
WRONG @wendog33 Dean Pay has Elliott, Fualalo, Smith in the team over Toomaga.

Disregard, didn't realise you said "FG coach" :D

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
WRONG @wendog33 Dean Pay has Elliott, Fualalo, Smith in the team over Toomaga.

Disregard, didn't realise you said "FG coach" :D
Nyuk nyuk nyuk...I put in those 3 "at least" ...truth be told Tols and Jacko would probably have been dropped by any other coach by now after no improvement to their games.

Did you see Bellamy near the end of their game last night when they lost the ball? Lordy Lordy OMG!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think pay gets all his coaching strategy from the old playstation nrl game

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Pay, Jackson and Tolman can get their respect at other clubs.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nyuk nyuk nyuk...I put in those 3 "at least" ...truth be told Tols and Jacko would probably have been dropped by any other coach by now after no improvement to their games.

Did you see Bellamy near the end of their game last night when they lost the ball? Lordy Lordy OMG!
Nah I didn't watch it. He's known for his firey disposition though.

i think pay gets all his coaching strategy from the old playstation nrl game
ETs Rugby League.... and I bet Pay couldn't even master the "cheat" where if you nailed a kick off precisely at a certain spot, the computer would always grab it and run over the sideline.