News Price wants to help Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha....who is on the hiring committee again?
I wouldn't be surprised if Price gets the job without any other candidates being interviewed.
That's how nepotism works.
Or is it the Andersons pumping pumping the joint full of bulldog DNA.
Anyway good luck to Price if he takes the role.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are they able to do at the moment? Nothing? Can't push forth a vote of no confidence against either of them. Only way is to have members given other options.
I have no idea if the Andersons actually control as much as is suggested anyway for the sake of the argument let’s say they do. It would have started at some stage and that’s when others on the board had to show backbone and stand up for themselves that’s how good boards work. They other members of the
board are just as much to blame as the Andersons if they are calling all the shots now.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t he shitcan us when he was at the Warriors?
Yeah he wrote about it in his book. Said Folkes offered him 2 years and asked him to step down from rep footy and some other stuff like change in culture..

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUNNY - HOLDING IT AGAINST PRICE that "He left the Bulldogs for more money"
I am just thinking if anyone one here got offered or was able to go get a 100k salary increase for another company doing the same job that YOU WOULD DECLINE due to LOYALTY?
Come on you are judging someones integrity or loyalty based on that.
Anyone would do that so.
He loves the Bulldogs from his heart. Has nothing to do with loyalty him leaving.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I remember when Pricey came and sat in The Kennel one day with us.... absolute legend of a bloke.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The player that should have been on the board should be Corey Payne. Someone that will know if something is dumb as fuck like offering contracts to tolman, pay, napa, crighton etc.

Price is a nice bloke. But should never have been on the board.

Was a yes man and a way to make the “family club ticket” look better.

How okunbor and pay were extended after 3-4 games is beyond me.

How we will sack 2 coaches before their contract even begins. The worst sporting organisation in the world at the moment is the lakers. Dogs don’t seem too far off with some of the front office and board decisions of the last 5-6 years.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The player that should have been on the board should be Corey Payne. Someone that will know if something is dumb as fuck like offering contracts to tolman, pay, napa, crighton etc.

Price is a nice bloke. But should never have been on the board.

Was a yes man and a way to make the “family club ticket” look better.

How okunbor and pay were extended after 3-4 games is beyond me.

How we will sack 2 coaches before their contract even begins. The worst sporting organisation in the world at the moment is the lakers. Dogs don’t seem too far off with some of the front office and board decisions of the last 5-6 years.
Price has the same level of tertiary qualifications as Corey Payne

Banned
Reaction score
Price has the same level of tertiary qualifications as Corey Payne
Is what I came in to query, I thought he had completed appropriate studies at university and actually is intelligent too!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he the best candidate for the job. If he is I'm all for it. But my true opinion is he's not and it's jobs for the boys.
I suggest you look at his regime, his qualifications & business experience in NZ before you pass judgement

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I suggest you look at his regime, his qualifications & business experience in NZ before you pass judgement
Holding a degree doesn't automatically make you the best candidate to be the General Manager of a Football Club, nor does the fact he used to play for the Bulldogs.

He is currently a BDM (and lives in Qld as far as I know), I've also been a BDM and depending on the industry becoming a General Manager isn't necessarily the next step in your career.

The best candidate is the best candidate, if he is then I'm all for it. But closing the doors on all candidates to put in one of the boys has got us into trouble in the past and I suggest if this board want to do the same thing they're going to face the same scrutiny.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's plenty bagging pricey for leaving the dogs. We're not sure of the circumstances remember we had massive salary cap issues around that time and simply could not fit everyone in. Maybe he wanted to stay but the cap didn't allow it

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's plenty bagging pricey for leaving the dogs. We're not sure of the circumstances remember we had massive salary cap issues around that time and simply could not fit everyone in. Maybe he wanted to stay but the cap didn't allow it
He left the club during the Coffs Harbour allegations and wanted nothing to do with it. He wasnt involved yet was tainted by the allegations.
He is a great guy with plenty of passion. he will be an asset if selected.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah. I lost all respect for him after the warriors game this year. On our board at our game. Yet wears a warriors polo shirt. I get it’s old boys day, but that pissed me right off. Stay associated with NZ ****

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Price: Why I left the Bulldogs

In this edited extract from his new book, Steve Price talks of his move from the Bulldogs to the Warriors.

I still love the Bulldogs - that will never change - but in 2004 I had started to see things differently. I've mentioned Garry Hughes' sacking. The biggest gripe I had about Garry's departure was the club's reason for doing it.

About a week after the Coffs Harbour scandal broke - when a woman claimed she had been sexually assaulted by a number of Bulldogs players after our trial match against Canberra - we copped a whole heap of criticism for players turning up to police interviews wearing shorts and T-shirts. Apparently those concerned were being disrespectful towards what was obviously a very serious issue.

The truth is that none of the players knew that they were required by police when they turned up to training that day - and shorts and T-shirts are what players wear before and after training. Not everyone wears a suit and tie to work. What happened was that the boys turned up for training, the club was then informed that they had to go into the city for interviews immediately and when they arrived they were suddenly confronted by a media throng. Later that night they were shown on every television channel turning up to their interviews wearing the wrong clothing and it looked as though the Bulldogs had absolutely no respect for the situation.

That wasn't the case at all but there was a lot of pressure from outside for the club to be seen to be taking action - and Garry turned out to be the fall-guy despite the fact that what happened wasn't his fault. That certainly got me thinking. It would never have happened under the previous administration because the club was all about the people and had always dealt with things internally.

For Garry to be fired over that really opened my eyes. He was a Bulldogs man through and through. He had played all of his footy there, his family was very, very involved in the club and he had been part of the administration ever since his playing days had come to an end. I had a wonderful relationship with him and if he had still been there I would never have left.

The other big change that contributed to my decision to leave the Bulldogs was the significant shift in culture. By this stage, the younger guys were starting to have a bit of an influence on that by going out and partying whenever they could. I was used to the family-orientated club the Bulldogs had always been and I wasn't really jumping on board with where the club was going and what was being allowed to happen.

For the club to then say, "We can't really afford to pay you that much", when they were paying other players plenty, made me feel as though they considered them to be a more important part of where the club was going than I was.

I realised that it might be best to accept what was happening and go to a club where I could start to make a difference. Maybe everything I had been through over the previous two years had started to wear me down. I was starting to feel a little bit stale that pre-season and I was ready for a new challenge. I wanted to sign a three-year deal but "Folkesy" only wanted to sign me for two. He also wanted me to retire from representative football to focus solely on the Bulldogs.

I don't blame anyone for what happened.I still left the club on good terms and I've got absolutely no regrets. I would have finished at the Bulldogs a very happy person just like I'll finish at the Warriors a very happy person.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he wants to help he can convince Pay, Ogden and Mariner are better than Smith and Martin and there is such thing as private and driving people troppo is bad.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have a soft spot for Pricey. He called me on my 18th birthday to wish me a happy birthday. Plenty of years ago now but I still remember it well

Last edited: