From clarkys nrl column on facebook

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of this is true. Dean Pay has lost lots of players support and you would be surprised who want him out. Obviously tolman and Jackson still respect him.

Im expecting Dean Pay to be sacked real soon.
That will solve one problem. Who they replace him with is a big question mark. The board don't want to replace shit with shit, so lets hope they find someone suitable for the job. Rumours were Flanagan but he won't be available till 2021.

I'd go for Andrew Griffin with Michael Hagan as Assistant Coach.
I guess the writing is on the wall that Flanagan will be new coach they want.... IF the dogs head with “interim coach” they can’t rush this... even though November 1 is approaching we don’t need to go guns blazing first week... I personally think they’ll wait till end of the year in off season, less media, less nrl tv shows which means less scrutiny....

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the writing is on the wall that Flanagan will be new coach they want.... IF the dogs head with “interim coach” they can’t rush this... even though November 1 is approaching we don’t need to go guns blazing first week... I personally think they’ll wait till end of the year in off season, less media, less nrl tv shows which means less scrutiny....

If Flanagan was available next season it would solve a lot of problems now. But I have a feeling they won't go with him because he's not available next year. So I reckon Andrew Griffin should take over now.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan was available next season it would solve a lot of problems now. But I have a feeling they won't go with him because he's not available next year. So I reckon Andrew Griffin should take over now.
Who is Andrew Griffin?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of this is true. Dean Pay has lost lots of players support and you would be surprised who want him out. Obviously tolman and Jackson still respect him.

Im expecting Dean Pay to be sacked real soon.
That will solve one problem. Who they replace him with is a big question mark. The board don't want to replace shit with shit, so lets hope they find someone suitable for the job. Rumours were Flanagan but he won't be available till 2021.

I'd go for Andrew Griffin with Michael Hagan as Assistant Coach.
Are they waiting till bye week

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know how I feel about him as coach.... really don’t... listening to what players say about him, apparently a lot of his methods are outdated...

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would recommend to be coach right now that's available for this year and and next year

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would recommend to be coach right now that's available for this year and and next year
My number 1 pick is Flanagan, but your point makes sense...

But I think I’d wait till end of the year, stick with pay. Then sack him, make an application to reinstate Flanagan in off season, that doesn’t work then at least we know we did what we could before reassessing our options.

Next choice I’d go with maybe Holbrook...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My number 1 pick is Flanagan, but your point makes sense...

But I think I’d wait till end of the year, stick with pay. Then sack him, make an application to reinstate Flanagan in off season, that doesn’t work then at least we know we did what we could before reassessing our options.

Next choice I’d go with maybe Holbrook...
Why does Flanagan need to have a club lined up or a contract to seek reinstatement? He could apply now, he should apply now...they let that Pascoe bloke come back for tigers.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why does Flanagan need to have a club lined up or a contract to seek reinstatement? He could apply now, he should apply now...they let that Pascoe bloke come back for tigers.
Comparing Pascoe to Flanagan is like comparing Mother Teresa to Christopher Skase.