Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if the Bros say no way, he was hopeless at Manly, fark no, we aren’t playing for Toovey?

Go Dogs
I don't want Toovey but he was in no way was he "hopeless" at Manly. He missed the finals once and got sacked. I'd take that "hopeless" record any day atm.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want Toovey but he was in no way was he "hopeless" at Manly. He missed the finals once and got sacked. I'd take that "hopeless" record any day atm.
Toovey certainly did a better job of navigating the post Des mine field at Manly then Pay has done here.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From memory, Toovey inherited a pretty damn good group of players in 2012 that was hand picked and moulded into a team by Hasler. They went very well that year and kept the group mostly together for 2013, where they finished 2nd. But then a few players retired and some were moved on (like Glenn Stewart) due to salary cap issues and Toovey's "recruits" didn't measure up to the same standard and they slipped in 2014. Even more so in 2015, where they were dead last until Toovey was moved on and then, with the same playing group, recovered to almost make the 8. What I can't recall is who was the coach for the remainder of 2015, Barrett maybe?

Go Dogs
He got sacked at the end of the year. They missed the 8 because of injury and DCE pissing about signing with the Titans.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not too fussed on Tooves either, but you know every time we got screwed by the refs or the NRL, he wouldn’t capitulate and say yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir...he’d give them a gobful, calling out their bullshit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon if they sack pay now give toovey the job till the end of year if they see good signs extend him i reckon hes got the mongrel we need

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Toovey - Accountant and know the numbers game.
Holbrook - Not interested in coming back to Australia anytime soon. Currently looking for St Helens extension.
Flanagan - won't be allowed back in NRL for quite a few years yet.
Griffin - consulting with NSW Warratahs.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holbrook - Not interested in coming back to Australia anytime soon. Currently looking for St Helens extension.
Holbrook won’t say no to an nrl offer if he’s approached

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can shuffle the deck around all you like, add To'omaga, whatever - this team will still look like a steaming pile of excrement.

This forum needs to come to terms with the fact that our squad is just dreadfully sub-standard for First Grade.

Back-ended contracts are still in play. We are still paying players to play for other clubs. Our marquee man chewing up almost 15% of our cap on his own is busted and not producing to the value of even half of his wage. Most of our recruits for this season were other clubs reserve graders.

Reality.
Well instead of sitting on our hands and writing season after season off and waiting for 2021 to come around how about we do something about it. A good starting point would be trying to offload players now for next year. Players like hoppa tolman elliott who im sure are on backended deals. At this point I couldn't give a flying fuck if we pay half there contracts to play elsewhere its only for 1 year. Add the 5 or 6 other players that are off contract to that list then we should have enough to get a halfback a hooker a couple of FAST decent centres and a prop. Definitely also a coach.

Because guess what if we dont start making moves now for 2020 then say hello to wooden spoon for next year also.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get upset with single turbo boys.
Poor **** has never played the game or understands at all really.
Hes just an agenda driven cock smoker that has ocd issues. Its obvious.pest

Go dags

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get upset with single turbo boys.
Poor **** has never played the game or understands at all really.
Hes just an agenda driven cock smoker that has ocd issues. Its obvious.pest

Go dags
TwinTurbo = Two Turbos = Jake and Tom.
It’s a sign...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you, saved me for the abuse, because it’s pretty close to what I would have posted.

Go Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des missed the finals once & got sacked also.

Status
Not open for further replies.