Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can do that at the same time as buying players you idiot... fuck Tolman off

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So nobody thinks he has a valid point about uncertainty in the squad?
Uncertainty is the biggest killer of productivity in the work place and I think it is have a big influence in the dressing room and reflecting with the performance on the field.

The issue with the tenure of the coach is of course the biggest problem. However the club does also need to make decisions on the future of players who are off contract this season and if they are not wanted for next season tell them sooner rather than later.

I realize that such conversations usually happen after the 30 June deadline. Those players off contract this year I assume Brown, Lichaa, Martin & Olive will not be back. The others Fulalo, Harper, Katoa & Tualau I will get offered another contact.
So clubs should pander to every off contract player so they feel valued? Come on mate, every club has players off contract every year, and the ball is deservedly very much in their court! The player who is off contract should be the one trying to convince their club that they are worth keeping, not the club making sure the player feels wanted. Especially when they are shit.
I held my tongue in regards to yesterday's quotes from Tolman, but after reading this he really needs to shut the fuck up and concentrate on his job!! And as a senior player I expect that if he is ever asked a question like this again he should simply defer that one to the clubs hierarchy. He is in no position whatsoever to make comment on such things. Especially when you consider his ridiculously inflated contract!!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You left out
4) Trying as hard as they can but they just don't have the talent

Go Dogs
so please explain what talent is required in order to show hunger in kick chase and line speed in defence ??

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This thread is a prime example of confirmation bias, people only reading the words that support their already established opinion and ignoring the words that don't. For example, I thought this was very to the point;

"Obviously, we do need to try and buy some quality players and bring them to the club"

Obviously many didn't read that or more accurately chose to ignore it.

Go Dogs
Or more accurately, that's just Tolman contradicting himself. Just another reason he should stick to his job!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is far too involved in everything in the club. He's in the leadership group, trying to run the attack, giving recruitment suggestions.
The only thing missing from Tolman's resumè is moderator on the kennel.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Every time I see tolman on the field I wanna smash my tv.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This thread is a prime example of confirmation bias, people only reading the words that support their already established opinion and ignoring the words that don't. For example, I thought this was very to the point;

"Obviously, we do need to try and buy some quality players and bring them to the club"

Obviously many didn't read that or more accurately chose to ignore it.

Go Dogs
Thanks for pointing that out. For all we know he may also have pointed out to the person asking the question that guys like Toomaga or Kalache deserved consideration. The media don't always quote everything someone says. I really wouldn't want to buy thirty players since new recruits with experience are probably going to cost us more than juniors that might be able to do just as well.

This just feels like people finding another reason to have a whinge about a player they don't rate.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Really an area that Tolman should not be commenting on. Can't imagine the club being happy about the quotes if true.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is so far off the mark that it’s not even funny
The luckiest so called player to have contracts renewed several times is beyond a joke
I couldn’t give a flying f... about his 250 games,wouldn’t care if he played 1000 games for us
Will not attend Sunday,absolute non event and don’t want to hear all the bullshit/praise regarding Toleman

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mason would dust him up, fucking plodder.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Now on FB Adam Idiott is talking up Tolman and how is such a fierce competitior? Wish we had players on our books instead of journalists in jersey's! 95% of this team need to be shown the door.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Quote from article
“Just because they have a lot of money to spend why can’t it be on developing players here and the players currently here at the moment. Obviously, we do need to try and buy some quality players and bring them to the club but we’ve got quality players here as well,” Tolman said.

Translation
“Just because they have a lot of money to spend why can’t it be on Adam Elliott and good country boys currently here at the moment. Obviously, we do need to try and buy some quality players that nobody else wants and bring them to the club but we’ve got quality players here as well (like Aiden Tolman) that deserve significant pay upgrades” Tolman said.

Quote from article
“I think if you can land marquee players, it does attract other players, that’s part of the game but you can’t just go out and buy your whole team.”

Translation
“I think if you can land marquee players with this complete shitcunt of a coach, it does attract other players that nobody else wants, that’s part of the game but you can’t just go out and buy your whole team unless you are the Storm, Roosters, or Broncos.”

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
oh get fucked. Bringing in the turbo bros would make a huge difference for us.

imagine having the turbo bros+latrell....sign me up.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tolman needs to go his a fucking useless prick and wants to continue what des started,
He says don’t sign marquee players so the club struggles what a fucking inbred.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What quality players is he yapping about? He’d be in the top 5 I’d fuck off first.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee wiz...The heat is on !
I will report again...There is a seriously genuine belief that there are too many overpaid layers at the club !
Do you think Tolman and Jackson are two of them ?