News Bulldogs veteran: Splashing cash at marquee signings just a stopgap

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So nobody thinks he has a valid point about uncertainty in the squad?
Uncertainty is the biggest killer of productivity in the work place and I think it is have a big influence in the dressing room and reflecting with the performance on the field.

The issue with the tenure of the coach is of course the biggest problem. However the club does also need to make decisions on the future of players who are off contract this season and if they are not wanted for next season tell them sooner rather than later.

I realize that such conversations usually happen after the 30 June deadline. Those players off contract this year I assume Brown, Lichaa, Martin & Olive will not be back. The others Fulalo, Harper, Katoa & Tualau I will get offered another contact.
I can take the uncertainly excuse for players coming off contract at the end of this season but anyone after that is a massive stretch.

As it stands Pay is here till 2020 as are the vast majority of the player group. Do they all need 5 year deals to become certain?

The players off contract at the end of this season are hardly key players either.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman the **** needs to fuck off to England or something and anyone else who has his same opinion

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well well well...

He should just do us a favour and take himself out of the game..once we in their half trying to attack an score points lol, no touching the ball from that point on EVER!!!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't believe Tolman's only 30. He would be the crustiest 30 year old I've ever seen.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting real sick of this tolman, seriously I mean is he for real wtf we languish in dead last and we finished 12th last season by luck to avoid the spoon, we have only won 3 games this year, and he wants the club to focus on the players already at the club lol and not try and attract marquee signings to help re build a club that is in absolute shitters in every department on the field and him and his senior captain are part of the on field problem, yeah right we need to keep plodders like Jackson and tolman and fuck face Elliot because they are winning us games each week. How bout just stfu you cock smoking **** and repay the club and fans back for the loyalty we have shown you, you fucking turd.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can take the uncertainly excuse for players coming off contract at the end of this season but anyone after that is a massive stretch.

As it stands Pay is here till 2020 as are the vast majority of the player group. Do they all need 5 year deals to become certain?

The players off contract at the end of this season are hardly key players either.

Agree, but players talk. One of the many issues adversely affecting the squad.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you all expect the leadership group to create disharmony in the team by coming out and saying they need to do a cleanout of the roster.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

"Normally" the fact that your contract is expiring soon would see you trying harder to get re-signed? I guess our guys are either 1) so happy the coach is praising their performances, and not critical of them, or 2) they don't want to get a new contract, or 3) have virtually lost all joy in playing the game through frustration and selections, and just crossing their fingers their manager can pull some strings elsewhere.

Whatever it is, no one seems to care or is capable of improving their performances for their future.

A weird situation and very telling.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman is far too involved in everything in the club. He's in the leadership group, trying to run the attack, giving recruitment suggestions. The sooner he gets out the better.

Who in their right mind would say look closer to home rather than signing the Turbo brothers. I get that they're very little chance of moving but how great would it be to have some marquee players.

He should be out their talking up getting top quality players, making them feel they would be welcomed. Instead he's suggesting we should hold players like Critchton, Chris Smith rather than recruiting top quality players.

BLOW DOGS

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey maybe he has a point. Keep a couple more of the kids.
And fuck off himself, jacko and hoppa straight away. That might clarify there futures the useless over paid *****.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Normally" the fact that your contract is expiring soon would see you trying harder to get re-signed? I guess our guys are either
1) so happy the coach is praising their performances, and not critical of them, or
2) they don't want to get a new contract, or
3) have virtually lost all joy in playing the game through frustration and selections, and just crossing their fingers their manager can pull some strings elsewhere.
Whatever it is, no one seems to care or is capable of improving their performances for their future.
A weird situation and very telling.
You left out
4) Trying as hard as they can but they just don't have the talent

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So nobody thinks he has a valid point about uncertainty in the squad?
Uncertainty is the biggest killer of productivity in the work place and I think it is have a big influence in the dressing room and reflecting with the performance on the field.

The issue with the tenure of the coach is of course the biggest problem. However the club does also need to make decisions on the future of players who are off contract this season and if they are not wanted for next season tell them sooner rather than later.

I realize that such conversations usually happen after the 30 June deadline. Those players off contract this year I assume Brown, Lichaa, Martin & Olive will not be back. The others Fulalo, Harper, Katoa & Tualau I will get offered another contact.

Of course there's uncertainty in the squad...
1. We're last
2. odds on to remain last
3. Coach plays favourites
4. Coach can't coach to a FG level
5. Coach has no idea who the best players are in our squad and what their best positions are
6. Coach has already touted spending money on a marquee player to attract better players to the club
7. There's nothing in the present squad to indicate they will improve significantly without substantial injection of new players/exodus of existing players
8. Recruitment has failed to fill obvious gaping holes in our squad

At this rate, I wouldn't bet on us getting 2 points next week...or any other week this year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You left out
4) Trying as hard as they can but they just don't have the talent

Go Dogs
No. Not deluded enough to include your 4).

Because we''ve seen all these players play better and that includes "trying harder". They have displayed more talent than they are currently showing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

All other teams in the comp have players with contracts ending this year and next. Look at Parra...they have heaps....cop out excuse for a tired, uninspired roster with no drive or ambitious leadership group or coach.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Getting real sick of this tolman, seriously I mean is he for real wtf we languish in dead last and we finished 12th last season by luck to avoid the spoon, we have only won 3 games this year, and he wants the club to focus on the players already at the club lol and not try and attract marquee signings to help re build a club that is in absolute shitters in every department on the field and him and his senior captain are part of the on field problem, yeah right we need to keep plodders like Jackson and tolman and fuck face Elliot because they are winning us games each week. How bout just stfu you cock smoking **** and repay the club and fans back for the loyalty we have shown you, you fucking turd.
Yeah you said it exactly however I am so amazed at such ridiculous comments by Tolman I feel compelled to comment rather then just click "agree".

The snow haired fuk is delusional. Only yesterday I accused him for tripping out on Flanno's peptides already and now this shite. A useless team with no heart or talent and we throw our 8.5 million into them, isn't that what Des did? I guess he is just letting his greed blind our ladder position or performances cloud the fact that he wants to get his 4th tackle sausage fingers onto more money? This **** needs to take a seat, preferably on a bus heading out of Belmore and fuk right off. We must be giving magic mushy's at half time now instead of oranges.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think it matters if this message came from Tolman or anyone else in the playing group.
Hes right, we have raw talent in development and we need to help them grow into bigger players.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread is a prime example of confirmation bias, people only reading the words that support their already established opinion and ignoring the words that don't. For example, I thought this was very to the point;

"Obviously, we do need to try and buy some quality players and bring them to the club"

Obviously many didn't read that or more accurately chose to ignore it.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bullshit, he means it's pointless bringing in talent when you still have a shit **** as coach.